Weather

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Welp that solved the ice issue. Still, even as much as an asshole as I am I would have put the damn phone away and seen what I could have done to save the driver.

I wouldn't have gone anywhere near that burning truck to save a stranger, but I also probably wouldn't have yelled 'someone better call 911' while im filming the scene WITH A FUCKING PHONE IN MY HAND

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I had to chase my wheelie bin up the road today because it was blustery as fuck.

You other people have it easy in the USA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had to chase my wheelie bin up the road today because it was blustery as fuck.
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I wouldn't have gone anywhere near that burning truck to save a stranger, but I also probably wouldn't have yelled 'someone better call 911' while im filming the scene WITH A FUCKING PHONE IN MY HAND
I'm sure the driver was gone instantly or encased in fuel and soon would be. He didn't even take a step that direction to look or call. Just screaming yo. Now, I've never pulled someone from a burning car before but I have jumped into a river to pull someone out and I've sat with a man dying on a back country hiking trail for hours until help could get to him from where his horse tumbled off trail and rolled over him several times off a 50 foot drop. My first reaction in both of those times was not to film it. Granted in both cases it was before cell phones and when you had to act or people died.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure the driver was gone instantly or encased in fuel and soon would be. He didn't even take a step that direction to look or call. Just screaming yo. Now, I've never pulled someone from a burning car before but I have jumped into a river to pull someone out and I've sat with a man dying on a back country hiking trail for hours until help could get to him from where his horse tumbled off trail and rolled over him several times off a 50 foot drop. My first reaction in both of those times was not to film it. Granted in both cases it was before cell phones and when you had to act or people died.

You are right. I did Google for the end results and apparently two people died. They would have died instantly just by looking at the pics from here.

Three killed as winter storm wreaks havoc across region; I-95 tanker crash part of 67-vehicle pileup in city

I will say the sound from that explosion was way cooler than what Hollywood comes up with. RIP the driver. Semi drivers are the last to know about road conditions like that unless they hear it over the CB.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
You are right. I did Google for the end results and apparently two people died. They would have died instantly just by looking at the pics from here.

Three killed as winter storm wreaks havoc across region; I-95 tanker crash part of 67-vehicle pileup in city

I will say the sound from that explosion was way cooler than what Hollywood comes up with. RIP the driver. Semi drivers are the last to know about road conditions like that unless they hear it over the CB.
He called 911 to describe conditions and report multiple vehicles, some of them trucks, colliding on the highway. That's when Amasiatu started recording the scene on his cellphone.

"Cars and trucks were coming in at 50 and 60 miles an hour," he said. "They were sliding and slamming, and I stayed on the line with 911 and had the video on for about five minutes."

"I was traumatized. I wish I could have helped. [The driver] could not stop. . . . People could not see what was ahead of them."

Looks like people were wrecking before he took the video and had already called 911. So he was already in near shock before the truck crash. I would have still ran over and see if the cab had separated or was outside the fire, but maybe he could tell that from where he was. Vertical video is a sin, punishable by liveleak death.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uncool joke? That Semi Driver had zero clue about the road conditions and if he did.... he paid the price. It's not like I want him to fucking die.

I was the one making the shitty joke. The reason he was the last to know because after he found out about the road conditions there was a giant explosion.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I was wrong for both of you. The image Gavin posted had 2 eyes and a smile in fire. I assumed he was saying the devil was at work or that a new Final Destination was coming out.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The wheelie bin storm has made it to the Netherlands. Pretty severe actually, neighbour's tree fell over and is leaning against my house. Not been on the roof yet but might have some damage.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A week ago or less it was 15F and all time lows. Today it's 70F and feels like spring of the year, windows open and such. Nice day.

Southern University in Baton Rouge had a flooded library. Some water line in the building burst? They jumped on it right away? Nope. A non insulated water pipe across the roof open to the sub freezing tamps for days on end burst. Jumped on it right away soon as it happened and shut the water off? Nope, the only reason they noticed it was eventually enough water got into the building it shorted out the fire alarm. No comment on the school itself.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
6 weeks since that super freaky cold snap. There is still a black cat in my work shop that I have yet to touch or pet. It won't leave but it won't let me touch it either. It prefers meaty bits with gravy and it enjoys late night strolls, howling and playing with the other cats of mine through the door.

Here is he with my maine coon Verny trying to be friends( Stray is the black one ). He hasn't to date been aggressive once but none of them have accepted him yet. Thankfully no fights. Some of them can even go down into the room now.

thisdude.png

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3" of rain the last two days, highs in the 60s. I'm sure if it wasn't so unseasonably warm that would have been our usual valentine's day blizzard.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah was gonna say the last few months have been wierd. Ice and snow out of the ordinary. Now is normally the coldest time of the year in burst. 80F here just walked in from going outside and sitting in the sun and smoking a cigar. Looked at 10 day forecast and it shows 65+ for the next 10 days.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah was gonna say the last few months have been wierd. Ice and snow out of the ordinary. Now is normally the coldest time of the year in burst. 80F here just walked in from going outside and sitting in the sun and smoking a cigar. Looked at 10 day forecast and it shows 65+ for the next 10 days.
I'm not quite that lucky, it will return to "normal" tomorrow and Saturday, which is to say 40s but then bounces right back to 60s/70s next week. This is after I had the highest 2 months of gas bills to keep the house at 69 than any months in the past 5 years. These temps today are May/early June temps for here.

• 1Like