Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I mowed the yard yesterday in shorts if that helps you out any lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Storms have dumped 24" and 14" over the last week. Have also had three small snowfalls of 2-4". Over three and a half feet on the ground in most places. Piles around my deck are so large, I am almost out of places to toss it.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could this be an example of the failing US infrastructure everyone is always talking about?

No question. I will say this. I live in a fairly dense, wooded area. The utilities around here have been on point removing trees/branches over power lines in most of the county. This sort of thing was never done in the area 20 year ago. Yet we had less problems with power loss.

The response time is just awful now the power does go out. By some miracle we never lost power with these last 2 nor'easters. People still have no power from the first one a week ago, and are being told it could be 4-5 more days.

4,000 power trucks were brought in a week ago from around the country, and now the national guard as well. It's certainly not on the linesman who are pulling 16 hour shifts, seems like the coordination at the top was just awful.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
The only 'good' thing that 'Super Storm Sandy' did to my area, was wipe out a large portion of the utility poles/lines and damage the nearest substation. They had to replace them all. Before that storm, I would lose power 3-4 times a winter for a few days at a stretch. Since then, I have not had any losses that were for more than an hour or two.

• 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gearing up for the 4th Nor'easter in 2 weeks. 5-8 inches of snow expected. Had our warmest December on record. Followed by the coldest January on record. Then warmest February on record. Assuming this storm dumps the expected snow, my area will be approaching 4 feet of snow for the month of March.

WTB some normal weather.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually going to get some snow from this one (perhaps higher than the total amount all winter), all rain / mix today but if it was 2 degrees colder it would have been another snowmageddon down here. Instead just 5-8" tomorrow.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Photo taken 5 minutes ago. Cat I let in on New Years day due to below 0 F temps that was in my workshop.
Now resides on my bed until I go to get in it. STILL have not been able to pet, or take to vet to get fixed.
Sleeps 2 feet away from me when I am on the computer.

f1.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hehe, here in MI its 30F right now, and has been for the last week, just last weekend we had snow and shit, we were supposed to go to our cabin last weekend but there, we got like a foot of snow so we didnt go. Now this weekend its supposed to be 70F.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hehe, here in MI its 30F right now, and has been for the last week, just last weekend we had snow and shit, we were supposed to go to our cabin last weekend but there, we got like a foot of snow so we didnt go. Now this weekend its supposed to be 70F.

Yes, but a return to 30s on Monday.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
70mph winds here this morning. But it didn't kock down a pair of limbs that got broken off in the ice storm over the winter. Bad luck.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
70mph winds here this morning. But it didn't kock down a pair of limbs that got broken off in the ice storm over the winter. Bad luck.
had bad winds here too, walked out after it rained and i see a bunch of neighbors standing around a tree and some walking w/ a ladder, limb was hanging off and i guess they wanted to saw it off. All these ppl and i'm the only one w/ an extendable chainsaw...

• 1Like