Lanx

<Prior Amod>
qFuGFJ5.jpg
eh thats only the vacation home area in NC

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all know the Philippines got wrecked by Mangkhut, but Macau took it in the ass and there is zero news I can find coming out of there. Hong Kong got kinda beat on, mainly a lot of downed trees and broken windows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
After katrina we found a water bed and it was a godsend for getting to sleep.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The U.S. Coast Guard says it removed one of its members from Florence duty after he made an alleged white power gesture in the background of a televised interview.

"We are aware of the offensive video on twitter - the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response," the agency wrote on Twitter after a clip of the gesture caused social media uproar. "His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard."

The employee, who hasn't been identified, made the sign during an MSNBC interview Friday with another Coast Guard member. The man can be seen in the background of an aid center staring directly into the camera before shaping his hands to make an "OK" sign — a move that has recently been adopted by white supremacists. He appeared to try hiding the gesture by making it look like he was scratching his face or hair.

• 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not a hurricane by a long shot but damn it's hot here for mid September, we hit 98F here today our hottest all year which should have been 2 months ago. And even in July that would be hot with 94F being a pretty hot day normally.

The power crews from here in Southwest MS left I think a day before the hurricane hit. Story on the local news about the Cajun Navy went and rescued a bunch of people.

Cajun Navy rescues hundreds in Carolinas

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
doesnt look like that either. he was scratching his ear. i think they allow that in the coast guard.
yea ppl thinking he all coy and shit.

naw i just think he was brushing his hair, hell i ran my hand over my ear w/ pressure on my middle finger and your index finger naturally curls around your thumb

ppl think he's all like this
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Here in RVA we had tons of alerts and talk about Florence... I got several E-mails from my insurance company, from work, and even from Verizon LoL advising. It was a total non-issue. We had I think like 15 mph winds and minor rain at its "peak". We did, however, have like a dozen tornados in the area due to the aftermath that they said was directly attributed to Florence. I didn't know tornados due to swirling winds followed hurricanes?

This is the parking lot to my gym so it definitely hit right at home:

20180917_155159.jpg

• 1WTF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't know tornados due to swirling winds followed hurricanes?

Hurricanes provide the two main ingredients tornadoes need to form. Supercell thunderstorms (rotating thunderstorms, typically with a mesocyclone in the center) and warm moist air (creates atmospheric instability because the warm air wants to rise). Geographically speaking you ordinarily need a fairly large flat area to form big enough supercells which is why violent tornadoes are extraordinarily rare outside of tornado alley in the US, Bangladesh is the only other region in the world that gets them "regularly". Hurricane spawned tornadoes are typically fairly weak, rarely exceeding EF-2.

• 3Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Local news called our tornado issues here in the central VA area that we experienced yesterday unprecedented.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Local news called our tornado issues here in the central VA area that we experienced yesterday unprecedented.

Looking at the news reports, the only way anything about that weak shit could be called unprecedented is if the Richmond area specifically has never had a tornado outbreak before. Which is possible since they're so far east. Some downed trees, couple flipped cars, and one dude died when he was unlucky enough to be in a building that took a direct hit (which is the only way such a small tornado could collapse a building unless it was already falling apart).

This is what violent tornado damage looks like.

ODWQ0jv.jpg

And nobody could call that unprecedented because an even more intense tornado had struck the same area only 14 years previously where 301 mph winds were recorded, which is the highest wind speed in recorded history. THAT is unprecedented. We're talking so intense that it actually scoured an inch of asphalt off of a road.

x0ah8dN.jpg

• 3Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You're not wrong and I definitely agree that they were weak relative to shit the midwest sees but as a native here my whole life they called it unprecedented due to how many we had in the time frame, and the fact that yes, tornadoes aren't common in RVA at all.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Here in RVA we had tons of alerts and talk about Florence... I got several E-mails from my insurance company, from work, and even from Verizon LoL advising. It was a total non-issue. We had I think like 15 mph winds and minor rain at its "peak". We did, however, have like a dozen tornados in the area due to the aftermath that they said was directly attributed to Florence. I didn't know tornados due to swirling winds followed hurricanes?

View attachment 176301
i still have my bank account from that location

• 1Jonesing

Goonsquad Officer
we get hurricanes a lot and the tornadoes always feel like the wild card. you can accurately predict that you won't be in the flood zone, and if your roof is going to make it. But hurricanes shit tornadoes and one of them could spawn near your house and mow it down and there's not much you can do about it That's the principle reason folks evacuate IMO. and why you should NEVER stay in a trailer in a hurricane (though you should never stay in a trailer under normal circumstances).

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

View attachment 176301

Be honest, is it mostly women at that gym? Are we sure that's the aftermath of a tornado, and not just a bad parking day?

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users