Weather

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Looking at the news reports, the only way anything about that weak shit could be called unprecedented is if the Richmond area specifically has never had a tornado outbreak before. Which is possible since they're so far east. Some downed trees, couple flipped cars, and one dude died when he was unlucky enough to be in a building that took a direct hit (which is the only way such a small tornado could collapse a building unless it was already falling apart).

This is what violent tornado damage looks like.

ODWQ0jv.jpg

And nobody could call that unprecedented because an even more intense tornado had struck the same area only 14 years previously where 301 mph winds were recorded, which is the highest wind speed in recorded history. THAT is unprecedented. We're talking so intense that it actually scoured an inch of asphalt off of a road.

x0ah8dN.jpg

I grew up in central Oklahoma and experienced four separate 'unprecedented' tornadoes. Anytime there is a tornado warning in Houston and everyone freaks out I remind them that the strongest tornado that ever hit Houston was an F3 and any of them accompanying a hurricane are likely F1s that cannot do much more than take shingles off your roof.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I grew up in central Oklahoma and experienced four separate 'unprecedented' tornadoes. Anytime there is a tornado warning in Houston and everyone freaks out I remind them that the strongest tornado that ever hit Houston was an F3 and any of them accompanying a hurricane are likely F1s that cannot do much more than take shingles off your roof.

Yeah I live in IL, the only thing unprecedented about the tornado activity here was the tri-state tornado. We do get EF4s but there have only been a handful of F5s in the history of the state, and there hasn't been one since the switch from Fujita to Enhanced Fujita.

El Reno gets my vote for the scariest tornado ever, even if it never lived up to its true potential. Largest tornado in recorded history, only tornado to ever kill professional storm chasers, and could have killed hundreds if it had maintained intensity and passed over the congested freeways from dumbfucks trying to drive out of the path.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hope his owners kill every single one of them after they put him to sleep without permission, which is what PETA does.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Oh, wasn't paying enough attention. In that case I hope they press charges for trespassing and theft.

Depends on the conditions. I saw some video of a house that left like 3-4 of their dogs in a kennel that was flooding and they couldn't escape. The owners in that case should be the ones charged.

• 2Like

SuperNaught

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I live in IL, the only thing unprecedented about the tornado activity here was the tri-state tornado. We do get EF4s but there have only been a handful of F5s in the history of the state, and there hasn't been one since the switch from Fujita to Enhanced Fujita.

El Reno gets my vote for the scariest tornado ever, even if it never lived up to its true potential. Largest tornado in recorded history, only tornado to ever kill professional storm chasers, and could have killed hundreds if it had maintained intensity and passed over the congested freeways from dumbfucks trying to drive out of the path.

That was a crazy day for weather. 05/31/2013 I was at the Moore Warren movie theater while all of that was going down. It was 11 days after an EF5 tore through Moore and destroyed the Moore medical center next door just North of the Warren. The Warren is built like a big reinforced concrete box so, the building is like a giant safe room.

Anyway, 5/31/2013 was the evening that channel 4 meteorologist Mike Morgan, on the air, told the audience to get in the car and head south. Which was a worse idea as the evening went on.

• 2Like