Weather

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Weather channel has really upped their AR game. The floating car is an especially nice touch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Keep the tank as full as possible for storage, the less air in the tank, the less moisture that can move into the gas.
I think when it’s gas with ethanol they say to drain them cause of the ethanol.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The OH in ethanol will eventually disassociate into H2O without a stablizer. Water in your engine is bad.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
s9qsijibyyl11.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
that is why you need the stabilizer in the gas tank to prevent the ethanol from doing that.

personally i think we should just ditch ethanol from gas- go 100% gas- we'd see a decent boost in gas milage if i remember my facts correctly.

if i lived in an area that lost power regularly due to storms i get one of those generac systems and do a subsurface 1000 gal propane tank install for heat cooking and backup power generation.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I'm here in Charlotte now. So far so good. I think i saw it's Cat 3 now. Tons of rain etc. Girl that works for me in the Phillipines is saying they have a "super typhoon" coming there. Always trying to one up me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
that is why you need the stabilizer in the gas tank to prevent the ethanol from doing that.

personally i think we should just ditch ethanol from gas- go 100% gas- we'd see a decent boost in gas milage if i remember my facts correctly.

if i lived in an area that lost power regularly due to storms i get one of those generac systems and do a subsurface 1000 gal propane tank install for heat cooking and backup power generation.

I've always had a natural gas generator. Not once has the natural gas gone out, not in Andrew, not in Katrina, not in multiple other smaller hurricanes and storms and such. Guessing it depends a lot on where you live.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gas lines are in the ground (for obvious reasons) yet they refuse to bury power lines. Probably was some kind of conspiracy to keep emergency crews employed before bad hurricanes rolling through became a regular occurrence. Still they keep putting them on the pole.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its always funny when they show images and reporters reporting right next to rivers and the ocean. it makes for more dramatic video.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I'm supposed to drive up to Charlottesville tomorrow. Going to be fun since I'm starting in Savannah and really don't want to take THAT much of a roundabout route.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm supposed to drive up to Charlottesville tomorrow. Going to be fun since I'm starting in Savannah and really don't want to take THAT much of a roundabout route.
You should not make that drive. There is no round about route. It's just don't do it in the middle ofa hurricane

Roads will be closed trees will be down power will be out. There will be rain and flooding. And you'll be driving through the worst of it

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I'm here in Charlotte now. So far so good. I think i saw it's Cat 3 now. Tons of rain etc. Girl that works for me in the Phillipines is saying they have a "super typhoon" coming there. Always trying to one up me.
Screenshot_20180914-063451.jpg

She's not joking, 149mph as of 2pm est. Was originally forecast to be coming for dimsum in Hong Kong Sunday morning but it's tracked South a little since then. Honestly I'd rather Hong Kong take the direct hit from it than where it's going now, we're built to take it they aren't.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Is she hot?

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I have wondered if the 50+ climate effect cycle (takes fifty plus years for our effects on the climateto show a noticeable effect), the massive amounts of nuclear testing at sea in the 50/60’s, and the upswing in hurricanes/tropical storms are in anyway connected.

Like shower thought wondered not pore over the internet researching, though.

Anyways, if you are in the effect radius of Florence or plan on looting those whom are;

Stay safe.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I have wondered if the 50+ climate effect cycle (takes fifty plus years for our effects on the climateto show a noticeable effect), the massive amounts of nuclear testing at sea in the 50/60’s, and the upswing in hurricanes/tropical storms are in anyway connected.

Like shower thought wondered not pore over the internet researching, though.

Anyways, if you are in the effect radius of Florence or plan on looting those whom are;

Stay safe.
it does feel like this
Sim_City_2000_-_DOS_-_Disaster_Menu.png

• 2Like