Weather

Siliconemelons

its just rustleing my jimminities right now pushing itsself out to Tuesday passing over the state.. I wanted it done by Monday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This one is going to suck. Been headed straight at me in Melbourne the whole time which is triggering me to no end because these things never go where they think they will but this one's been holding true.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This bitch does not even have a nice eye yet... come at me bro.

Its been many years since I have experienced an eye of the storm, it really is cool may get one with the primary tracks.

Its going to cross fast and go into the gulf and go SSJ and kick new Orleans jsut for giggles.

GOES this afternoon just started showing it developing an eye.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Moved to Port Saint Lucie, FL around a year ago for a promotion in a manufacturing job from the mountains of NC, bought a house with a pool and now eyeing this motherfucker... CBS house, metal roof, metal shutters, bought much water, many foods, own very many guns and a lot of ammo. The GF I drug down here is Defcon 2 about this shit and I'm just throwing out thumbs up saying "we're good" while in the pit of my balls I'm a little scared and pretty excited. I did promise her that this would be an adventure.

Never been through a hurricane. Did a sandstorm in Iraq. A trial Cat 1-2 would have been cool. Fucking Florida.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Moved to Port Saint Lucie, FL around a year ago for a promotion in a manufacturing job from the mountains of NC, bought a house with a pool and now eyeing this motherfucker... CBS house, metal roof, metal shutters, bought much water, many foods, own very many guns and a lot of ammo. The GF I drug down here is Defcon 2 about this shit and I'm just throwing out thumbs up saying "we're good" while in the pit of my balls I'm a little scared and pretty excited. I did promise her that this would be an adventure.

Never been through a hurricane. Did a sandstorm in Iraq. A trial Cat 1-2 would have been cool. Fucking Florida.
The current GFS/GEM model both show Port Saint Lucie as landfall with 120-130 mph winds. It just changed to that as one was more south and the other much more north.
Wind is a danger but the killer in these are the storm surges. Where your house is and how elevated it is will be pretty important to how much of a impact it'll have on you.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

As someone who will be trading California's earthquakes for Florida's hurricanes in a couple years, I'll just tell you that with both of those disasters, it's really whether you escape being where it directly hits.

We were in Florida when Frances and Ivan hit, and while we did get like 80-100mph winds, we didn't get the direct hit and it wasn't really that big a deal. Likewise, I live in Ridgecrest right now and we were the epicenter for the earthquakes. Fucking thing was horrific. But just an hour drive away and it wasn't a big deal. We've talked to people and they have basically completely forgotten about earthquakes as a thing. Almost 2 months later though and we're still on edge (see the earthquake thread).

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Still in Central Florida. Was in Kissimmee for Irma, didn't even lose power for that and got a couple paid days off of work. Now in East Orlando, closer to the coast. My fiancee just gave birth to twin girls a week and a half ago, going to be their first hurricane. Should be fun, like Charley 15 years ago.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I have to board up my place. It is coming straight at us, hopefully it goes more north

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

In general it just makes life fucking miserable. Barring some freak thing happening, a good house is usually fine. Potentially though it could be a two week period of no electricity. In Florida. In the summer.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow this storm is huge, sump pump almost working every other min, not even anywhere near where it's gonna hit in FL

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in Cape Coral. I'm looking forward to a few days off because of liquor stores being closed. I'm really just hoping I don't lose power, because that's the most frustrating part. The headlines on weather.com get progressively more hilarious every day. It does look like the storm is starting to move slower, because I swear it was initially supposed to be over us on Sunday, now it's like Tuesday. Shame, I really wanted Sunday off

1567171738210.png

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah, it was early landfall in Sunday Monday and Tuesday finishing it off etc... now its not landfall until?

who knows... by the time it gets here it will be a cat 5 mega storm because it sat there forever.

However, storms can get "too big" so if it does stall and just sit there and turns into a cat 5 monster, once it starts moving - the bottom (or top) move faster than the other part and it kills itself

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

If you play out the models on Windy. Two of the three models say it hangs around Florida for over a day. That's a nightmare scenario.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

If you play out the models on Windy. Two of the three models say it hangs around Florida for over a day. That's a nightmare scenario.

LULZ that is literally the ENTIRE EAST COAST OF THE USA getting hit by this one hurricane.

With the center riding the coastline like that it allows it to stay formed and suck energy, water and warmth from the ocean the entire time.

It actually would be quite an event if it manages to maintain (or re-form) hurricane classification during its entire eastern seaboard ride.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm in Cape Coral. I'm looking forward to a few days off because of liquor stores being closed. I'm really just hoping I don't lose power, because that's the most frustrating part. The headlines on weather.com get progressively more hilarious every day. It does look like the storm is starting to move slower, because I swear it was initially supposed to be over us on Sunday, now it's like Tuesday. Shame, I really wanted Sunday off

View attachment 221157
50 years living in Ft Lauderdale. 2nd best investment I made (pool being #1) was my generator. Not just for storms but because FPL can suck a dick. They could barely keep the power on on a sunny day if it got a little breezy.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
50 years living in Ft Lauderdale. 2nd best investment I made (pool being #1) was my generator. Not just for storms but because FPL can suck a dick. They could barely keep the power on on a sunny day if it got a little breezy.
how many 5g gas tanks you got lying around filled up?

Oldbased

> Than U
The current model where it hits low on Florida and then goes up the coast with eyewall on land for the entire state as a cat 4/3 is pretty much worse case. That would suck. Storm surge for 3/4 of the eastern coast.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Still in Central Florida. Was in Kissimmee for Irma, didn't even lose power for that and got a couple paid days off of work. Now in East Orlando, closer to the coast. My fiancee just gave birth to twin girls a week and a half ago, going to be their first hurricane. Should be fun, like Charley 15 years ago.
In Altamonte I lost power for a full week. It was hell. The storm itself not so bad though. Hoping this keeps moving east and misses central Florida.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The current model where it hits low on Florida and then goes up the coast with eyewall on land for the entire state as a cat 4/3 is pretty much worse case. That would suck. Storm surge for 3/4 of the eastern coast.
Didnt this sorta happen a while back? A smallish storm just kinda strafed the coast and finally went inland around Jax?

• 1Like