Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tropical storm/depression to be named tomorrow. Already getting warnings. National weather servie said they expect it to follow the warm water in the gulf meaning the warm water flowing out into the gulf from the MS river. Not good. We will see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

My niece was in Seattle all week attending the birthday of Jeff Bezos sister for her husband to play at the party. Anyway they were worried on the way back getting caught in Los Angeles layover and having an earthquake. Fooled them. Likely a delay flying from Los Angeles back into New Orleans tonight. But she did get to meet Rick Springfield lol. Suprised she knew who he was, or more likely someone told her who it was.

• 1Like

Borzak

Getting bad now in south Louisiana. The storm isn't that big of a deal, but so much water flowing south down the rivers (MS and Atchafalaya) is meeting a wall of water being pushed up from the wind. It's going over the levees in spots.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Metro Detroit has had ridiculous rain this spring as well. Only 2 or 3 bad T-storms that I can recall, but it rains every 2nd or 3rd day, all spring. I live a 2 blocks off of lake St. Clair (lake in between Huron and Erie) and it's very bloated. A lot of marinas in the area with people unable to get to their boats, rivers touching the bottom of bridges and so on. Have heard here, and other midwest places that the planting is way behind due to all the rain. Wouldnt be surprised at a general food price spike later this year.

Yeah they say all the great lakes are like 100 yr high.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You guys should see the damage along the northern shore of Lake Ontario, it's unreal. The water is so high that quite a few islands have disappeared and shorelines are eroding at a scary, scary rate. I personally know three people whose houses are sitting in water now. Just crazy.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys should see the damage along the northern shore of Lake Ontario, it's unreal. The water is so high that quite a few islands have disappeared and shorelines are eroding at a scary, scary rate. I personally know three people whose houses are sitting in water now. Just crazy.

I bet. We were going to go and see lake mich over the holiday but never made it. Manistee is liek 1 hour away from out cottage and we go there all the time. I would like to see how high the water really is.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I bet. We were going to go and see lake mich over the holiday but never made it. Manistee is liek 1 hour away from out cottage and we go there all the time. I would like to see how high the water really is.

Lake Michigan isn't anywhere near as high as Lake Ontario. I haven't heard any stories of damage along Michigan's shores. I dunno, I'll be there in a couple weeks and will report back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Seems like they are all 30+ inches high except superior. Thing is with Lake MI is there is usually dunes that go down to the lake so most houses are way above. Maybe in chicago? But i have not heard a thing, but still 3 ft is no joke.

• 1Like

Borzak

Levee failed in Lafourche parish. Not sure where, they had it on in the background of a press conference of all the parish presidents in south Louisiana. And just said Lafourche parish. Everything so far looking "OK" but with the river being so high it's only a few inchest from going over the levee to begin with. The MS river in Baton Rouge went up 6" overnight with no rain on the river, just from the water surge in the gulf at the MS river outlet.

They need more of the Venic guy on. Venice is the ass end of nowhere fishing area on the gulf, end of the only road. He put it bluntly. Road is 3" now, get out now unless you want to stay here for a week waiting for the water to go down on the road. We aren't coming to get you. Your time is up a few days ago.

They got the inmates out working today on sandbagging. Mostly just water blowing over the levees due to the 30mph south wind blowing the water up from the gulf.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

This could be epically bad. The rivers other than the MS were really low. Like they looked dry when driving over them. A few minutes ago they said by Monday they will crest higher than the 2016 giant flood when it rained 48" in a day. Not good. The rain hasn't been that bad but the wind apparently pushing water 90 miles inland from the gulf and the 2 lakes that the water north of New Orleans drains in. So Baton Rouge is expecting water 20 feet above flood stage now 90 miles from the river outlet, just from wind blowing the water. This is not going to be good. Rivers other than the MS were really low. Like at 9' on a 30' food stage. Now they are predicting a 45' crest.

Baton Rouge and the northshore is looking to get it much worse than New Orleans oddly enough. Their water is draining right into the lake it's right there. Baton Rouge water has to drain into two rivers, then the lake, then into another lake, then the gulf. All the time water being pushed back in from the other end.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

I know this is Borzak got hit by a tornado thread. But they're ripping all over from the hurricane. Got the fence and shed of my niece. Took down some trees of the neighbor here on part of his property, not on his house. Apparently there was a tornado or wind deal just south of here from looking at the news. My sister called and asked if we were OK, I just was hearing some wind guest had no idea.

The hurricane itself turned out to not be much but we're watching the rivers to see what happens. Had some rain but the small river adjacent to Baton Rouge the water drains into went up 4.5' overnight with no rain on it, from the push of water from the hurricane.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rain with 100+ degree heat. Fuck this.
Just another day in hell err Florida.

The inlaws are in North East Louisiana. So they should be pretty safe but following this with interest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
As a faithful citizen of Cleveland, Ohio, the golden gateway to the West, champion of Industry and Commerce, ancestor of all who ever landed on our shores and wondered what could be possible, I simply say

Fuck this heat. dew point was 79. NOPE.

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Posting because of the amount of water, fuck the tards view on why.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Record heat wave in western Europe atm, guess Al Gore was right and manbearpig was real after all.

103 in Netherlands today (broke a 75 year old record), over 115 in France. Might peak higher tomorrow but should cool down after that.

• 2Like

Borzak

High yesterday on the gulf coast here was 88F about 10 degrees cooler than it was last week. Nice weatther all week in the 80's. When the hurricane hit it cooled off a lot and then warmed a little. Next 10 days not supposed to be above 90F which is real low for July here in the deep south. Forecast high in those 10 days mid 80's. Just looked, it's 80F here at noon with the sun shining.

Like my friend said yesterday Christmas in July, excep it's likely to be warmer come Christmas than it is now.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had 95+ all last week and 100+ over the weekend (near DC). Then the wet system came through and we have 80s again. Overall it's been consistent rain every 3-5 days this year, July 2019 is much better than July 2018.

• 1Like