Weather

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Bahamas is dead. The hurricane is moving at 1 mph... you can walk faster than it.

That is the worse case scenario.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Yeah a cat5 sitting on top of you for a day... insane.

This thing may middle finger everyone and just casual walk into the side of Florida and destroy the east coast.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah a cat5 sitting on top of you for a day... insane.

This thing may middle finger everyone and just casual walk into the side of Florida and destroy the east coast.

That's somewhat the concern, though hihgly unlikely to make landfall. The thing is though, we're talking about a difference in 50 miles making a massive difference, and I can tell you they fuck that distance up all the time. Irma was supposed to make landfall right on top of me the night before it hit, instead it was a fair distance south.

Even if it doesn't make landfall though, staying just offshore may be even worse

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

That's somewhat the concern, though hihgly unlikely to make landfall. The thing is though, we're talking about a difference in 50 miles making a massive difference, and I can tell you they fuck that distance up all the time. Irma was supposed to make landfall right on top of me the night before it hit, instead it was a fair distance south.

Even if it doesn't make landfall though, staying just offshore may be even worse

I live near Tampa Bay and Irma's path right until landfall was the absolute worst case scenario - while it sucked and was bad for the actual landfall area- it would have been multitudes more death and damage to the Trinity - Pasco Hill pinellas with essentially all storm surge being pushed into the bay and bottled up in massive flooding.

• 1Like
Not sure photos or vid gets the point though. loss of power, massive flooding, semi-damaged structures, a whole region basically hurting, that is what makes a hurricane a disaster.

I've been through bad storms. But I Hurricane Sandy hit the place I was born, and lots of damage, but the biggest heartache was (this was a beachfront community) the beach was GONE.

Hurricanes just fuck all kind of shit up.

That eye sitting almost dead still over the Bahamas. I hope they are alright, but I bet before and after pics will be devastating to see. A hurricane can basically eat barrier islands and beaches for lunch.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure photos or vid gets the point though. loss of power, massive flooding, semi-damaged structures, a whole region basically hurting, that is what makes a hurricane a disaster.

I've been through bad storms. But I Hurricane Sandy hit the place I was born, and lots of damage, but the biggest heartache was (this was a beachfront community) the beach was GONE.

Hurricanes just fuck all kind of shit up.

That eye sitting almost dead still over the Bahamas. I hope they are alright, but I bet before and after pics will be devastating to see. A hurricane can basically eat barrier islands and beaches for lunch.
All this is accurate. I have been through 5 decades of Fla hurricanes. The Bahamas are similar to the Keys. Not very big and easily washed over. While I make light in this thread, the truth is those in the Bahamas are fucked for a long time. The only thing that can make it worse is if the Clinton Foundation decides to be in charge of the soon to be announced international aid initiative.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
On the news Louisiana sent 125 search and rescue and first reponsders with boats and such to stage in Jacksonville. Lot of the boats were wildilfe and fisheries and police/fire marshal boats from the video. Didn't realise they had a search and rescue HQ semi trailer.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, saw some videos of the airport and a few other places. Bahamas are probably fucked for at least a decade.