Weather

iannis

Musty Nester
Man that place is gonna stink for weeks.

All them dogs like "hey human, this shit sucks but it's nice to be dry!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man that place is gonna stink for weeks.

All them dogs like "hey human, this shit sucks but it's nice to be dry!"
why is 80% of the dogs in her Master Bedroom tho? like the numbers should be switched.

like i could probably put 3, 50lb dogs in my closet, and another 3 in my 2ndary closet and then like 3 in the bathroom, and maybe 10 in the room (not on bed) if i want to walk on dog all day, but 79???

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Good question.

Maybe just so that they don't rummage for food or destroy the toilets trying to drink out of them.

That is an insane amount of dogs to pack into a single room. Standing room only. I'm kinda surprised she doesn't have dogs killing each other.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

"DORIAN WON'T BUDGE"

holy shit

There once was an island named Bahamas

Looks like Bahamas sapped all it's energy, it's now a Cat3, weak... thats like 1Mbps

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's a good charity to donate to for this shit? Red cross?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the death toll is going to be bad. I cannot think of anytime where a land mass was subjected to that strong of a system, for such an extended period of time. Texas was super flooded and Katrina was certainly awful, but this is an F2-F3 tornado parked on an island.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The big damage from Katrina came from the surge of water driven by it. That's what broke the levees in New Orelans and wiped out the MS coast where the storm surge topped out higher than roof on houses in places. Even in New Orleans it took time. My friend who was in the quarter when it hit called me 12 hours after the eye had passed and the workers were out walking up and down the street taking pics and how they really missed the hurricane. Til the levees broke after the eye had passed. Not to mention almost all the people you saw on TV that were on the interstate overpass trying to get to the superdome lived in the projects that were multi story and could have went upstairs and stayed fine. But they didn't draw up enough water before it hit to last more than 1/2 a day. Panic.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saw pics of somewhere in Florida had a giant hangar with all the search and rescue teams coming in. From Maryland, Oklama, Nebraska. From county to state, some mosquito control helicopters as well. Lots of helicopters and boats from all kinds of agencies.

Two pics. They posted about 25. The pics go on and on. Must be a giant facility. I counter over a dozen helicopters. The boats aren't shown. Some came with trailers full of jon boats stacked several deep.

DRQCmB7.jpg

GMjFt4M.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Looks like Orange County Sheriff helicopter. Possibly the convention center. It's 2 million sq. feet of floor space.

OCCC-North-South-Building-Arial-Shot.jpg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My DEA neighbor has to do relief for disasters like this once in a while. Last year he spent two weeks busting ass in Florida, clearing houses.

This year he didn’t get selected for it, they sent everyone to Puerto Rico last week thinking it was going to hit there. His coworkers have been sending beach and beer pics to him all week lol.

I’m sure they’ll be busy this week though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Some comments claim this to be a 2006 simulation tool.
jgoodstein

15 points · 1 hour ago

This is not an accurate map. this map was prepared by UK Risk Managment Services for insurer Swiss Re.

That map is a simulation of worst-case scenario to establish a flood plane for GB it was done in 2006 as part of the Risk Assesment project for RoyalStar Assurance. This is leaked proprietary data and many layers not displayed. this came from the author

wangatanga

3 points · 12 minutes ago

Would you mind citing a source when you say "this came from the author"?

gheradel

North Carolina
2 points · 8 minutes ago

Are you saying the image isn't accurate or the yellow coast line\road overlay?

jgoodstein

2 points · 4 minutes ago

The map is not accurate. This was a simulation done by an insurance company to define flood and surge fields in 2006 according to the publisher. The yellow line is accurate the rest is a simulation with lots of layers removed.
Also, no chance to get that arial photo as it’s all still cloud and rain covered.

• 2Like
Absolute love for the dog rescuer.

And I cannot begin to imagine how utterly destroyed that area of the Bahamas is. That was like an uncurable water AE that took off 500hp per tick. Coirnav thinks Dorian crossed some lines here.

But I feel optimistic. Cajun Navy gonna get to work, and maybe some new heroes. Bahamas! At the least, Jimmy Buffet should be sending out an all points for parrot heads to send in some bucks. Come on!

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

How would u get a clean satellite pic like that...when it's STILL sitting on top of them

I guess we get to see just how accurate that simulation was

• 1Like