Weather

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya, Tropical Depression Imelda has been parked on top of Houston for two days now and hasn't really moved. Starting to look like Harvey 2.0 with the flooding.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Oh yeah I-10 in both directions been closed since 3pm Wed. and will be for a while.

BEAUMONT, Texas. (WAFB) - It was an early alarm call for members of the Cajun Navy 2016. One they didn’t expect.

“About 6:30 this morning, when I got up, made my coffee and looked over at my phone and noticed it was vibrating and jumping around that coffee table a lot,” said John Bridgers, who founded the Cajun Navy 2016.

It was a call for help. They’re here in Beaumont with their boats to do search and rescue after Imelda’s rains brought widespread flooding to the area.

“Since about 7:00 this morning we got a Facebook page Cajun navy 2016 and there’s been a tremendous amount of calls to our 1800 number for people requesting rescues,” Bridgers said.

The struggle today is getting to people on the other side of I-10 which has been closed completely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I-10 going to be closed for a while I'm guessing. Multiple barges got loose on the San Jacinto river and hit the I-10 bridge/span over the river. Not good. Here's some drone video. To get around it is not exactly a 5 minute detour.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like the damage is pretty mild all things considered, I wonder how stable it is. Will probably be a couple weeks before they can even start repairs I imagine?

• 1Like

Borzak

TXDot has to wait for the water to go down before they can inspect it.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
IMG_20190923_004121.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Remind me not to move to the caribbean. They make living on the gulf coast look pretty peaceful.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Remind me not to move to the caribbean. They make living on the gulf coast look pretty peaceful.
The only reason people in Puerto Rico haven't all died from disease is because it gets a solid bath every 2 months. Change my mind.

• 2Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is this a way to make ppl give more of a shit about a storm?

cuz once Dorian fucked the Bahamas in the ass and there were no cool videos, idgaf

Karen better come back with better CCTV footage.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I like how they think karen is just going to go away and not be a threat. Every manager ever also hoped the same thing.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Watch out Alabama. I have it on good authority that a hurricane is coming to hit "somewhere". So if you live south of Canada, East of New Mexico you're dead in the sights.

Hurricane.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lorenzo looks to have turned into a relatively rare East Atlantic cat 5 hurricane, apparently the most powerful ever this far north and east. Now headed for the Azores and later Ireland (although they usually weaken severely before actually making landfall)

1569744287183.png

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Lorenzo looks to have turned into a relatively rare East Atlantic cat 5 hurricane, apparently the most powerful ever this far north and east. Now headed for the Azores and later Ireland (although they usually weaken severely before actually making landfall)

View attachment 224547
They knew it was going to be a monster before it ever hit water. It was a numbered disturbance 400 miles before it got to the water.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or maybe it's the perfect time to stake Boris down on the coastline as an offering to appease the Expanded Universe gods.

• 1Like

Borzak

Frick it's hot. Almost hottest day of the year at a time when it really starts cooling off. 95F for a high and in 3 days the weather forecast calls for a high of 71F which seems like a pretty big drop with no rain forecasted.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity