Weather

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Who forgot to tell Winter that it's almost April and to fuck off?

Bedford_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They're opening the Bonnet Carre spillway just above New Orleans again. 4 of the last 5 years they've opened it now. Prior to that 10 openings over last 45 years. Mentioned how big of an algae bloom due to the fertilizer the sent out last year. They did say don't come out and watch this year.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
East coast has interesting weekend weather lining up. Already have severe winds in my area and i'm on generator because the power went out.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
East coast has interesting weekend weather lining up. Already have severe winds in my area and i'm on generator because the power went out.

In Jersey we had 1 minute of torrential rains followed by sunshine and non stop gusts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I tried to take a nap yesterday afternoon. Both times my phone went off for a tornado warning. Alert said starting here and moving east. The weather moved out very fast after getting the two messages about 20 minutes apart.

6 people dead in tornadoes about 15 minutes east of here in MS along the LA state line.
Edit - they upped it to 11 now.

They were forecasting it for several days to be bad on Easter. Early in the morning it was nice and the news said the threat of dangerous weather was reducing before it got here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

Tornado season again. I laid down to take a nap again and warning on phone went off. It's real bad here now suddenly. Hell 2 hours ago I was laying out in the sun.

Final toll from the one the other day was 100 homes destroyed 15 miles east of here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tornado season again. I laid down to take a nap again and warning on phone went off. It's real bad here now suddenly. Hell 2 hours ago I was laying out in the sun.

Final toll from the one the other day was 100 homes destroyed 15 miles east of here.
The inlaws were hunkered down in north east Louisiana too.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Noting will make you forget your Corona fears like a E5 rolling by. Change my mind.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Tornado about 10 miles away in town last night. I don't understand the phone alarms at all. Went off about 11pm. In this part of the country you know when bad weather is hitting. I don't know what they think you are going to do, no basements other than get in a different room. But they have a giant area they cover. The alert I got was for a town about 90 miles away in another state. I turned my phone off, the power had already gone out.

Got our cell phone tower or telephone lines coming to it or something. Just noticed we're out of cell service.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

Worse than I thought. Power here went out for a few minutes was it. Everything in town just minutes away is now closed. Wal mart, all the grocery stores, all the traffic lights are off. Mom went to walmart and they were closed and she said lot of building damage everywhere.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Borzak

Tropical storm is headed right here. The path line goes to right here. It's not raining here yet so we'll see. I know the rivers just below us in Louisiana have been closed to traffic for a while due to high water. They've been giving out sand bags for the last few days.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tropical storm is headed right here. The path line goes to right here. It's not raining here yet so we'll see. I know the rivers just below us in Louisiana have been closed to traffic for a while due to high water. They've been giving out sand bags for the last few days.
Well, its 2020. Pandemics, riots, looting and I guees next in line would be a natural disaster. We appreciate y'all stepping up and taking one for the team.

• 2Like

Borzak

Northeast side and got 2" of rain. Last night they were showing a possibility of 10-12". I know New Orleans got a lot of rain and flooding we didn't get much, no different than just a normal heavy rain day. No telling what happens tomorrow though.

Edit - that was a giant nothing. Clear now and the storm has moved on up to Arkansas I guess.

Last edited:
  • 1Like