Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's the apocalypse in SF today. It legit looks like this today. No filter trickery.

6415655_DJI0044.00052202.Still002.jpg

22653803_web1_200910-SFE-OrangeSky-1_3.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Only 2 have potentional ATM for fun. The one just east of Florida and the one coming from the sands of Wakanda. Rene and Paulette are going north and and soon NE. The gulf one is unlikely to develop but if it does clearly clearing. The one off slave pits of Carolina is gonna smack land as a tropical wave like tonight.

Air aloft is all whacky atm due to the pushes of air from the north setting up fall/winter.

Anyone in the great lakes area?

July-August so many years = hot upper 80's, low 90's (hehe) humidity. Misery. AC time.

August was low humidity low temp. It has already gotten into the upper 40's at night a few times. And it looks like that's it. It's "70 degree daily highs" here we come.

Anyone else in the region notice August was sometimes like early October weather except sunny a lot?

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone in the great lakes area?

July-August so many years = hot upper 80's, low 90's (hehe) humidity. Misery. AC time.

August was low humidity low temp. It has already gotten into the upper 40's at night a few times. And it looks like that's it. It's "70 degree daily highs" here we come.

Anyone else in the region notice August was sometimes like early October weather except sunny a lot?
Last year we had Feb/March temps in Nov/Dec, was cold as shit in KY compared to normal but then Jan-April was warm as fuck.
This year looks like it may start off the same but who knows Jan+ yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I am in northeastern PA these days, close enough to the Alleghenies if the need arises to go mobile. Fucking gorgeous countryside. I've lived in Cleveland for 20 years. I made a smart move <boggle>. I got out of the city in Jan. The March happened lol. Timing.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
NEPA is beautiful country, it is where I am located. Was much nicer before so many people evacuated here to their summer/vacation houses.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
That one east of FL I said the other day would be trouble was supposed to come across FL/Gulf as a D then last 2 days storm, now shows as hurricane hitting the Orleanians. We'll see if it pops to major status like Laura did.
1599932551677.png

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The one now just got upgraded to Tropical Storm, suppoded to hit the MS/AL line with mostly rain. Friend in Lake Charles said he met with some roofing contractors, suprised any could come out. Power came back on today.

Borzak

Yup, right now exactly 100 miles north of New Orleans right on I-55. We don't have to worry about rain we made it through the 2016 flood of 40" in 3 days no problems. But wind, power, and obviously during Katrina the amount of people that flooded in from New Orleans. They're really ramping up the forecast now. When Laura hit they pumped up Marco and that turned into nothing. Friend lives just south of Tampa in Cape Coral and she said they got a ton of rain from this damn thing.

Shifted more east now. New Orleans with 90mph winds, here 50mph.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

And an AQI reading of 301 or greater is considered “hazardous,” causing the EPA to declare “emergency conditions” for those who are exposed for 24 hours or more.

On Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, the area around Eugene, Oregon, clocked AQI values well into the 700 range on the real-time air-quality monitoring site PurpleAir, greatly exceeding the scale’s maximum value of 500.

Pretty crazy

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yup, right now exactly 100 miles north of New Orleans right on I-55. We don't have to worry about rain we made it through the 2016 flood of 40" in 3 days no problems. But wind, power, and obviously during Katrina the amount of people that flooded in from New Orleans. They're really ramping up the forecast now. When Laura hit they pumped up Marco and that turned into nothing. Friend lives just south of Tampa in Cape Coral and she said they got a ton of rain from this damn thing.

Shifted more east now. New Orleans with 90mph winds, here 50mph.
That's where I live. Practically no reason yesterday, but overnight and all day just not stop rain

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just zoomed out on the current weather radar and there isn't a single drop of rain from the Texas panhandle all the way to northern Alaska.

Borzak

Storm moving east and east as it goes. Looks like it might just skirt New Orleans and hit the far edge of MS and AL instead. Pretty sure the stuff the predictions they use are coin flips.

Update cat 2 at landfall, even further east now. Rain is going to be big the biggest issue overall.

Last edited: