Weather

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've never been in a house with a basement.

"The problem is people broke the law. If we only we had more laws people would then start following the law!"

Liberal retardation in a nutshell.

Also glad to see Hurricane Sandy did nothing to teach NY/NJ to better handle water.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

What is with this shit pretending the Northeast doesn't get massive storms? There is a specific storm type called a Nor'easter for a reason.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What is with this shit pretending the Northeast doesn't get massive storms? There is a specific storm type called a Nor'easter for a reason.
we just got hit with a tropical storm a week ago. nobody said shit because it wasnt as much rain. this Ida remnants was double what that was and a few dozen poors got killed. we get lots of big storms. in february we had an endless amount of snow. so much so that it took forever for it all to melt. driving around in that shit was insane. not the snow. it was just snow. but people did such a shit tier job of cleaning their properties that most of it was on the road and the snow plows did a piss poor job to begin with. so we were driving on ice for a month. fucking shit state with shit people in it. dont let anyone tell you we have it easy here all the time. yeah, we have mild weather 8 months out of the year, but we get snow and rain the 4 remaining months to make up for it. its always been like that, some years its not bad, sometimes its bad and sometimes we get fucked hard. this year it was between bad and fucked hard. the year isnt over yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
but people did such a shit tier job of cleaning their properties that most of it was on the road
Weather is not the problem. People are the problem. Root cause every problem in the world and 99% of them have people as the issue.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Another massive hurricane apparently brewing and will get close to the east coast but supposedly won't direct hit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Literally no one says this about NJ.
its not overt, its stuff like, "pfft, the rain that killed 27 in NJ is just florida weather here." "pfft, your 30 inch snowfall is just a dusting in Minnesota. schools still stay open." . i dont disagree, but our infra is only equipped to handle certain weather up to a point. many people live near rivers and streams which dot the state. when it gets heavy the rivers overflow and people get flooded basements or sometimes end up dead. we know how to winter here, but at some point too much winter is too much especially if the dipshits in charge kicked back money to their tribe members and so the city/towns dont get plowed anymore after the third storm.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Entergy reported 39% of power back on in New Orleans. Of course lot worse down toward Fourchon and such. Still more than I would have thought. Lot of places having big jamabalya meals for the linemen. I see 50 bucket trucks a day headed to I-55 and I assume headed south to New Orleans.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I didn't even know about TS Mindy hitting Florida tonight, probably because it didn't exist 8 hours ago. Year of sudden storms.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well this isn't something you see often. A hurricane that far north in the Atlantic. Tropical Storm off the south coast of Greenland.

1631173149575.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Think I saw 5-7" forecast earlier. Not too bad if it moves along and doesn't just sit there.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be all about a storm sitting on top of south Florida dumping rain for a week. Flood the shit out of the area and give me a few days off work

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is how much water was in my mother’s house from hurricane Ida. You can see the waterline.

Attachments

• 17BB1C9D-9D3E-4D7A-9475-C82EA5F79ABA.jpeg
    17BB1C9D-9D3E-4D7A-9475-C82EA5F79ABA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This is how much water was in my mother’s house from hurricane Ida. You can see the waterline.
I know I've talked about it before, but this is what we saw in Biloxi after Katrina. Except it was towards the top of the second story.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

That's a bummer. Hope her insurance is taking care of her.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users