Weather

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was curious if the truck managed to save it then the gif cut off :(
I'm guessing he was ok. its water and not ice, ice he might have been fucked. water the "wave" he created was slowing him down. even if he slammed into the rails, there probably wouldnt have been enough energy to toss him off the bridge. rule of thumb according to the driver's manual, when you get into a spin you let the spin stop and DO NOT hit the accelerator or brakes. its fucking scary when that happens, but there really isnt much else you can do. when it happened to me i was in my second year of driving and its almost happened to me a few times since. you can just drive slow and dont take sharp turns. your tires will help, but they cant prevent the spin totally. i drive like an old man now so i keep my shit on the road. 5 above speed limit when dry. 5 or more below speed limit when bad weather. fuck those people honking at you.

Goatface

we got 3-4 inches, looked pretty heavy/slushy. supposed to hit 9 tonight then 50's tomorrow, then 60+ rest of the week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks. Always lived where it rains a lot. I've seen several cars go around during a hard rain. Thing is they go around and around and ocassionaly one will spin and suddenly get grip again and go off in a totally different direction.

Goatface

does anyone have a noaa radio? guess ours is 20+ years old. it stays plugged in, but the audible alarm is off and doesn't have batteries, but i still listen to it from time to time. anyway, we got an amber alert on it the other day, never seen that before. even more strange didn't get one on the phone.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
does anyone have a noaa radio? guess ours is 20+ years old. it stays plugged in, but the audible alarm is off and doesn't have batteries, but i still listen to it from time to time. anyway, we got an amber alert on it the other day, never seen that before. even more strange didn't get one on the phone.
You can turn them off on your phone, you might have done that

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My Dad used to get up every morning and listen to his scratchy weather radio in the dark first thing. Still remember hearing it from my bedroom.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The farm report. I have alerts on my phone off. Interstate runs through the corner of the county so some kid a few hours away gets kidnaped by a relative I get an Amber alert.

CCrane radios are not cheap but other than ads on talk radio the few people I know that have them speak highly of them. They have weather radios and combo AM/FM weather radios.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was able to go out and wash my car this weekend. I am digging this global warming thing.
enjoy it while it lasts. rain and cold next week. oh wait. rain and cold the rest of this week too. the cherry blossoms had just come out. the 25 degree temps are gonna put an end to that.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
23F Sun night and Mon night with high winds. 74F on Thu with rain. Tropical fronts need set up camp I'm ready for Spring.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Officially 80 for the first time in 2022 in Vegas today. Will then hit 90 this weekend before we hit the showers.

1648159263141.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user