Weather

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
State of emergency in Oregon because temperatures were reaching 99-102 in Portland so now they let us pump our own gas...

🙄

1659941494468.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

it went from normal hot august to "isn't it fall?" overnight. been opening the windows at night, temps upper 60's to low 70's, woke up at 3am with it being 55 out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been an extremely quiet year for hurricanes. Or at least, I think so (2nd summer living in FL).

I keep waiting for something to kick up in the Gulf so I can go surfing, but there hasn't been anything this year.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it went from normal hot august to "isn't it fall?" overnight. been opening the windows at night, temps upper 60's to low 70's, woke up at 3am with it being 55 out.
Yes, July and first week of august have been extremely hot here. I haven’t had my a/c on in like 10 days

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife showed me that this morning. And then yesterday a video of a hammerhead attacking a stingray in Orange Beach. Nature is a scary motherfucker.

And considering we were at Pensacola Beach with the dog the other day, and visiting the inlaws in Orange Beach this weekend, shit hits close to home.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife showed me that this morning. And then yesterday a video of a hammerhead attacking a stingray in Orange Beach. Nature is a scary motherfucker.

And considering we were at Pensacola Beach with the dog the other day, and visiting the inlaws in Orange Beach this weekend, shit hits close to home.

Stingray fled the mob and tried dropping aggro on the unsuspecting noobs nearby.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Been an extremely quiet year for hurricanes. Or at least, I think so (2nd summer living in FL).

I keep waiting for something to kick up in the Gulf so I can go surfing, but there hasn't been anything this year.
It hasn't been this quiet in years. We are seeing absolutely nothing. The last few years were all marked by named storms forming before the season even started on June 1st. The peak is always late August early September, so we are about to enter that window. Yet, there is no slow buildup of anything, just quiet.

It happens though, unlike what climate doomers would have you believe. These things are indeed cyclical, and it may be quiet time for a few years before another Irma swallows the whole state again.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the 1st time since 1999 that there hasn't been a named hurricane within this time frame.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And looking it up, they're still predicting an above average year.

Why can't "experts" admit they're fucking wrong ever?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DC area getting hail, Baltimore side getting heavy rain. This was not forecast this morning.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
DC area getting hail, Baltimore side getting heavy rain. This was not forecast this morning.

Had that happen here yesterday in the Florida panhandle. Saw some clouds in the distance, checked the radar and looked like it'd completely miss us. 15 min later it was a torrential downpour, lightning like I've never seen, and crazy wind.

Ended up losing our range, all the kitchen lights, and garage door opener to a surge. So that'll be a fun $1k down the drain.

Came out of fucking nowhere.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Had that happen here yesterday in the Florida panhandle. Saw some clouds in the distance, checked the radar and looked like it'd completely miss us. 15 min later it was a torrential downpour, lightning like I've never seen, and crazy wind.

Ended up losing our range, all the kitchen lights, and garage door opener to a surge. So that'll be a fun $1k down the drain.

Came out of fucking nowhere.
Get a whole house surge protector.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
3" of rain in under 2 hours this morning at my parents house in southwest MS. Crazy storm. Not done yet.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Western Africa is shitting all over Brazil, the Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico.

Fucking greenhouse gases.

Screenshot_20220819-010135_Chrome.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we are having some minor drought up in NJ. weather has been 70s and low 80s for over a week. i'm actually freezing half the time because my body got used to the upper 90s for a month. plus when it gets to the midpoint of August, winter starts to remind people that he's fixing to wake up. i bet we get snow again this October. that being said its going to be 90s for the next few days. who knows. its the weather, shit changes all the time.

Oldbased

> Than U

I can tell you from watching Finaolive for a few years who fished the east coast of Florida any day he can that there is ALWAYS sharks in the water and Goliath Groupers the size of men on the bottom. He catches multiples of each+ other fish everyday he streams.

He's caught 2 20ish foot hammerheads on stream and got them to the boat and 2 25+ sawfish.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>