Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It has been really nice here after a superhot summer. 70s at night, 90's in the day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Feel sorry for my Central Valley and East Bay brethren this week. Record-setting heat all over the place. Only getting into the 80s here in San Francisco which sucks considering no one has A/C, but at least it cools down enough at night to sleep. Probably going to be commuting to the office everyday this week to enjoy A/C.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Feel sorry for my Central Valley and East Bay brethren this week. Record-setting heat all over the place. Only getting into the 80s here in San Francisco which sucks considering no one has A/C, but at least it cools down enough at night to sleep. Probably going to be commuting to the office everyday this week to enjoy A/C.

So what, they all have air conditioners.

Sci-Fi Blackout GIF

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So what, they all have air conditioners.

Sci-Fi Blackout GIF

Did you skip the part where I said no one really has A/C here? It doesn't really get hot enough for one most of the time.

And I've lived here 12 years and I've never experienced any sort of blackout. My Internet hasn't even gone out.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did you skip the part where I said no one really has A/C here? It doesn't really get hot enough for one most of the time.

And I've lived here 12 years and I've never experienced any sort of blackout. My Internet hasn't even gone out.
No. Did you not catch the gif I added? It was a joke about California not being able to keep the electricity on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

you should have air conditioning if you live in the city. the city is also usually much warmer than the suburbs. i understand the Bay area has a legit breeze and can get quite chilly, still there are always hot days, even in frikking canada.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
you should have air conditioning if you live in the city. the city is also usually much warmer than the suburbs. i understand the Bay area has a legit breeze and can get quite chilly, still there are always hot days, even in frikking canada.

Bro I've lived here for 12 years. SF is notorious for being cool all year round. It breaks 75 like 10 times tops a year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Bro I've lived here for 12 years. SF is notorious for being cool all year round. It breaks 75 like 10 times tops a year.

When I lived in the bay area I had an out of town girlfriend that was coming to visit and go see San Francisco. I told her to "dress warm, it's always cold there" so she wore a sweater and it was fucking 80 degrees in March. Didn't help me look like I knew wtf I was doing that much.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So when I think of Canada and what weather it deals with, a hurricane really just does not seem to fit.

Everyone pray for me that it doesn’t hit us as hard as some are fear mongering it might, wife and I are in Nova Scotia for family business and while it looks like our area might not take the brunt of it we are likely to be trapped in our motel room.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone pray for me that it doesn’t hit us as hard as some are fear mongering it might, wife and I are in Nova Scotia for family business and while it looks like our area might not take the brunt of it we are likely to be trapped in our motel room.
I doubt it will be anything near as bad as they are saying

HOWEVER shit up there is not built for Hurricanes.

This one looks like it is coming right at me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Xerge

<Donor>
So when I think of Canada and what weather it deals with, a hurricane really just does not seem to fit.

May be our first Cat 3 in fucking ever. Currently cat 4 at sea and I think Halifax will be spared, rip other places tho.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like Ian is ramping up. Could hit anywhere along the gulf coast of Florida, and the intensity seems to be a crap shoot too.

We put up our hurricane shit before we left last week just in case. Although, I found out that apparently hurricane fabric doesn't do shit to prevent your windows breaking, which to me makes it seem close to worthless.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like Ian is ramping up. Could hit anywhere along the gulf coast of Florida, and the intensity seems to be a crap shoot too.

We put up our hurricane shit before we left last week just in case. Although, I found out that apparently hurricane fabric doesn't do shit to prevent your windows breaking, which to me makes it seem close to worthless.
Of course I am scheduled to fly into Florida on Weds. FML.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you are in a low laying area that is prone to flooding, be prepared for a mess. higher elevation should just be wind damage and power outages. next month is ten years since Sandy fucked up this area. i lost power for a week. fucking shit is annoying.