Weather

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At the airport. Looks like my early flight move is gonna work. Should be boarding in a few. That last half hour though gonna be mighty bumpy.

To eveyone on the West coast, see ya again this side or the other.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
155 mph windspeed. I was wrong it did not quite make a cat 5. This is going to be a monster.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I moved my afternoon flight to the crack of dawn flight tomorrow. Hoping to sneak in to Ft Lauderdale before the winds get too bad on the east coast.

More likely i will be on here raging all day sitting at JFK while my flight keeps getting delayed. Luckily i am going against traffic trying to to Florida and not out of Florida.
Our honeymoon was in Siesta Key back in 2004. We were heading down the coast with literally no traffic, while the northbound lanes were completely gridlocked. We went through two hurricanes.

I'm glad this one shifted from the panhandle. We decided not to go with flood insurance and this one would've wrecked us at this strength. It's odd, there's no surf in the forecast for our beach, either. Generally hurricanes kick up enough even when they're in the southern Gulf to give us decent waves. I'm kind of glad on that one too cause there hasn't been a single good surfing day this year and I'd be annoyed to miss it since we in New Hampshire.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My dad moved out of Boca Grande, FL and sold his house last year. It's looking like that was a good call. His house was elevation 6 ft, predicted 12+ ft storm surges in Charlotte Harbor. Yikes.

He built the house himself and specced it to survive a cat 4 direct hit so that he didn't have to pay the absurd insurance rates. I guess this will be the test.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Live Radar:

Tampa:

Cape Coral (Edit: offline):

Some dudes driving around Boca Grande:

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Naples surf (this one might get washed away Edit: lost power) Edit: It's now on a beach in Englewood:

Space View from Goes 16 Satellite (updated every ~10 min I think)

Fort Myers Beach Edit: Down due to power, I assume:
Quad feeds from various place, streamed by Fox in Orlando:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Landed. 2.5 hour flight took 4 hours. We actually went out over the Bahamas to get to Ft Lauderdale. Then we circled around for about an hour while ATCs were bringing planes in between feeder bands. It was a little choppy once we passed Jax but the final approach was some serious shit as we got down under the clouds. Plane was all over the place. Some women were legit screaming during those last 3 minutes before we touched down.

All i could think off while they were screaming was wishing i could post this in the cabin...

first time GIF

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Simply amazing how over-reactive everyone and the news are taking this. Yeah, places on the shore are going to be fucked. Happens every time. Mobile homes 0-2 miles in? Yeah, maybe not live in a tin can next to a place that can wipe you out. The rest of the state? Some power outages.

I lived through 2004 with 1 week without power between the 4 storms were the most destructive thing I ever encountered. 90-100 degree heat and 5000% humidity.
Charlie Cat 4
Ivan Cat 5
Frances Cat 2
Jeanee Cat 3.

1664392762172.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Simply amazing how over-reactive everyone and the news are taking this. Yeah, places on the shore are going to be fucked. Happens every time. Mobile homes 0-2 miles in? Yeah, maybe not live in a tin can next to a place that can wipe you out. The rest of the state? Some power outages.

I lived through 2004 with 1 week without power between the 4 storms were the most destructive thing I ever encountered. 90-100 degree heat and 5000% humidity.
Charlie Cat 4
Ivan Cat 5
Frances Cat 2
Jeanee Cat 3.

View attachment 435351
Live in Orlando. I have had literally 10.people ask if I'm ok. Yes I'm ok. I hate our media.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

Charlie Cat 4
Ivan Cat 5
Frances Cat 2
Jeanee Cat 3.

View attachment 435351
I had moved to Orlando a little over a month before Charley. Shit was like Armageddon here for months with all the damaged roofs and power outages. Nothing in Central Florida was up to code then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The huricane coverage is just smoke so people forget we blew up a pipeline and tons of gas is being expelled into the ocean.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The huricane coverage is just smoke so people forget we blew up a pipeline and tons of gas is being expelled into the ocean.
hurricane is the perfect distraction, cuz all the libtards are now praying to moloch that desantis gets swept away

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my mom has done the same every time we get even a tropical storm. Baffling.

The announcers are saying that the water is "lashing up" to 6 feet. The scroll beneath that same video is saying "Storm Surge of 18 feet possible". Which is it? Pretty significant difference between 6 and 18 feet. Fucking fear-mongering media.