Weather

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
The announcers are saying that the water is "lashing up" to 6 feet. The scroll beneath that same video is saying "Storm Surge of 18 feet possible". Which is it? Pretty significant difference between 6 and 18 feet. Fucking fear-mongering media.
Key word... "Possible".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is there really no better option to protect the microphone?
6c3f49a335434380dd2760ec8273aa4d.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The news is always retarded as fuck when it comes to this. Sitting on the coast line here a little South of Tampa, the winds blowing there is some rain but this shit is just another Tuesday. The power went out maybe an hour or two ago which sucks and it will probably be out a couple of days from this but unless you are in a flood zone or live in some rusted out metal trailer in a park you have pretty much jack and shit to worry about.

Storm will probably cause a fair bit of damage but if you are outside during this shit that's on you. Shame it will be toned down by the time it reaches Orlando. If anything that liberal shithole of filth needs to be blown away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
So should I be concerned for people because of this video or is this no big deal?
Need more info. Storm surge sucks if you are close to the coast. When Sandy hit Long Island it was just a Cat 1, but it hit right at high tide and the surge ass fucked thousands of people. How far from the coast is she, what rype of house does she live it (house, townhouse, condo etc).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
It's like a thunderstorm with wind. Only scary part of hurricanes to me is the damn ocean eating you.
Its not the wind that you should be scared of. Its the trees, boats, trailers etc that the wind is throwing around that you need to be scared of.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Its not the wind that you should be scared of. Its the trees, boats, trailers etc that the wind is throwing around that you need to be scared of.
Not scared of that really.
I've tarped roofs in flooding downpours in high winds being smacked with shingles and shit before.
It's not like I'd go stand in the clear open street looking for flying trees. That sort of thing I can negate somewhat. Hungry ocean though..

Yes and Noggers too. Also I'd like to say once again, since it isn't banned, fuck this shitty ass rules of this place. I hope a shark eats all you fucking word censoring bitches in charge! That's it. That's the the line, other than that I love our degenerate mods.

Oldbased

> Than U
Again why? I restored tornado hit homes/storm damage for decades. I got a good grasp how to deal with the damage and risk of flying shit( that exceeds hurricane speed even ). I've seen straw punched through a brick. Glass through exterior walls and so on. Still, you can avoid most of that. I also know that 99% of the time a tree or partial tree hits a home, it rarely breeches the interior, especially in old as fuck homes like I live in with real oak timber and brick walls. HUNGRY OCEAN THOUGH YOU GET ME SIR?

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Again why? I restored tornado hit homes/storm damage for decades. I got a good grasp how to deal with the damage and risk of flying shit( that exceeds hurricane speed even ). I've seen straw punched through a brick. Glass through exterior walls and so on. Still, you can avoid most of that. I also know that 99% of the time a tree or partial tree hits a home, it rarely breeches the interior, especially in old as fuck homes like I live in with real oak timber and brick walls. HUNGRY OCEAN THOUGH YOU GET ME SIR?
pretty much, wind damage from Sandy here wasnt a big a deal as the ocean destroying entire towns. iconic structures like the Seaside Heights Boardwalk
iu

• 2Like