Weather

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Upgraded to at least a Cat 3 at landfall, and once it does it's barely going to move for 12 hours. Worst case scenario.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Friend in Cape Coral is staying. She's from LA and like a lot of people think they rather stay and have their house destroyed and possibly stay with what is left than leave and come back to the aftermath of the people than the storm itself. My sister was on a cruise out of Mobile, AL in Cozumel and the ship left early and got in late last night.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Friend in Cape Coral is staying. She's from LA and like a lot of people think they rather stay and have their house destroyed and possibly stay with what is left than leave and come back to the aftermath of the people than the storm itself. My sister was on a cruise out of Mobile, AL in Cozumel and the ship left early and got in late last night.
What building code was her house built with and how far from the coast is she?

Borzak

No idea, her husband is in charge of a large commerical building company that does stuff for companies like Target, strip malls and shit. She has family in the Florida parishes of Louisiana, not far from Baton Rouge she could go to if she wanted. I never went there in FL, know her husband as well. No idea what their plan is or if they have one.

Someone mentioned earlier hurricane predictions. One of the few I can ever remember working out like they said was Andrew in 1992. Lot less stuff to watch then but just as it was about to hit FL the local meterologist in BR said when it crosses FL it will go in the gulf and turn north and likely hit the spillway in LA. It did exactly that. I remember the fish kill in LA. The entire spillway was miles and miles of dead fish that took years to recover from. Quick google says 200 million freshwater fish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

My grandfather was born in 1895 and had bad allzheimers at the end. He made more sense than Biden. He used to go around telling everyone the Mexicans were going to overtake TX without ever firing a shot.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Fucking thing turned to go right over Orlando. Fortunately for us, the slow movement means it will only be a Cat 1 or Tropical Storm by the time it gets here. Unfortunately for those who live in the coast, their shit is going to get pushed in by a slow moving Major Hurricane.

My daughter was just born on Monday, and we are trying to get her home before things get too stupid here.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Didn't know till today in MS on the gulf coast we're under a red flag fire danager warning which is odd.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking thing turned to go right over Orlando. Fortunately for us, the slow movement means it will only be a Cat 1 or Tropical Storm by the time it gets here. Unfortunately for those who live in the coast, their shit is going to get pushed in by a slow moving Major Hurricane.

My daughter was just born on Monday, and we are trying to get her home before things get too stupid here.
I moved my afternoon flight to the crack of dawn flight tomorrow. Hoping to sneak in to Ft Lauderdale before the winds get too bad on the east coast.

More likely i will be on here raging all day sitting at JFK while my flight keeps getting delayed. Luckily i am going against traffic trying to to Florida and not out of Florida.

Oldbased

> Than U
How do you all think Ormond Beach will fare in this?
Parents got food/water but no gen. Thinking of heading down tomorrow after my docs.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I moved my afternoon flight to the crack of dawn flight tomorrow. Hoping to sneak in to Ft Lauderdale before the winds get too bad on the east coast.

More likely i will be on here raging all day sitting at JFK while my flight keeps getting delayed. Luckily i am going against traffic trying to to Florida and not out of Florida.
you might get lucky and have your flight diverted to Georgia or some shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Looks like it's going to be pushing a shitload of water up the coast and into any low lying areas which means a lot of area in FL.

Talked to someone that lives near Tampa that was in Italy on vacation and they got a flight back. I'm not sure I wouldn't have just stayed in Italy.

Oldbased

> Than U
Umm
The difference here from the "current" model is it continuing to turn east as it crosses Florida and getting back to sea.
1664332263904.png

1664332284650.png

Latest models also support this
1664332491935.png