Weather

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hear even Fla is supposed to get some bitter cold with this pattern. They are gonna be freezing. Do houses down there, namely southern FLA, even have central heat?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hear even Fla is supposed to get some bitter cold with this pattern. They are gonna be freezing. Do houses down there, namely southern FLA, even have central heat?
Depends on the owner. My last house we didn't bother putting in the heating coil into our central AC. We just pulled out the blankets when needed. Some folks put it in and some don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1671776738558.png

LOL at the color gradient on this stupid map. Basically blue is anywhere from -5F to 30F same with the green, looks like anything from 35ishF to 75ishF is green lool.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My hot water is still frozen. The room next to it I have heating nicely now, but it won't thaw. Earlier in the day there was more cold air coming in through the drafty-ass walls than the heater could put out, but the wind has died down a bit now.

Since the main kitchen drain froze I am emptying a drip bucket every 30 min all night.

• 1WTF

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Texas has 77k customers without power on the outtage map. County I lived at in TX list 4 customers tracked, 0 without power. I guess that's all that get there's from the TX grid cause mine came in from LA

GA most in the country, 100k. Of course no idea what normal numbers are.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here in Athens GA where the wind just keeps on whipping it has gotten cold. I have water dripping and radiators going cause heating coils not going to help a whole lot with this kind of temperature. Had a hard time sleeping because of how hard that wind got at times. Its a reverse tropical system. All it has is the wind.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It's -9 here and windy, it's time to walk the dog and that's nbd. Keep whining, this ain't that bad. Every winter I disc golf on this weather because why not.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
nope still here, the wind is rattling the water heater exhaust vent something fierce, i'm in my den above my garage and the pipe goes straight up into my closet and roof and it's cling clanging
Do y'all insulate all your water pipes each year like we do up north?

• 1Seriously?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
-4 F here, and about 2 inches of snow. Now it is blowing around and we're getting little bits of lake effect snow. Storm of the century? Storm of a lifetime? This is some bullshit. I was hoping for 3 feet of snow.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not sure I can agree with the wind chill they are reporting. It's 19F here now and wind chill of -4. Sun is shining, wind wasn't that bad. I went out and lit a fire in the fire pit and smoked a cigar. I've been in temps -4 or so and this did not feel like -4.