Weather

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I have to admit, the one redeeming part of this soul-sucking government proposal development business is that teleworking is extremely common. As soon as I see a single snowflake fall this afternoon I'm going to work from home. Fuck driving home in rush hour with the plebs.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
yeah the day they can roll out classified networks to my house is the day I am never seen again at work. Teleworking would be very dangerous for me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We- meaning the USA- should be on metric, -there are only 3 countries in the world i believe NOT on the Metric System- USA, Burma and Liberia (atleast according to wikipedia)
You know those people who freak out over 2 inches of snow? Imagine their surprise when we're now getting 5 centimeters. FIVE WHOLE CENTIMETERS! Start getting into 30+ range and they'll think the Day After Tomorrow is happening.

That will also spawn a series of "How many feet is 30 centimeters?" responses, at which point we will set facepalming to maximum.

yeah the day they can roll out classified networks to my house is the day I am never seen again at work. Teleworking would be very dangerous for me.
Dude just tell them with all the money they saved with the hiring freeze to put a SCIF in your basement and install SIPR or JWICS or w/e you're on lol.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Dude just tell them with all the money they saved with the hiring freeze to put a SCIF in your basement and install SIPR or JWICS or w/e you're on lol.
Look at me! I know governmenty acronyms!!!!11!!

<3

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Look at me! I know governmenty acronyms!!!!11!!

<3
Ha, I only know SIPR.

9:30pm, 57F

cool.png

TPDDODD_sl

shitlord
Nah. It's a "pretty much everyone but the USA" convention, unless you're talking about ovens for some reason. I've yet to figure out why my oven, sold in Canada, isn't in Celsius... annoying.
The whole world was supposed to go metric. This included the USA. USA manufaturers complained that switching would cost them money. They lobbied congress and USA dropped out of the international agreement. So blame the cheapskate US manufacturing sector.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The whole world was supposed to go metric. This included the USA. USA manufaturers complained that switching would cost them money. They lobbied congress and USA dropped out of the international agreement. So blame the cheapskate US manufacturing sector.
And yet every time I buy anything nowadays, whether it be American made or not, I gotta bust out the fucking 10mm wrench to put it together, while my 1/2 inch wrench rusts away in the toolbox.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We had our first inch of snow in almost a year last week... freezing rain yesterday which turned the roads into ice... it's 50 degrees and raining today and its going to be at least 60 tomorrow then back to a high of 19 on Thursday.

fuck

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Huge snow storm may be happening Friday for Northeast. That, or not much at all. Yea, it's not much to go on, but it's pretty much all that the meteorologists will call for now.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So based on the weather models the tri-state area could get 2-30 inches of snow. I'm ready for 30 bring it on.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8-12 Inches of snow expected in this party of Jersey. Use to be time when Jimmie russlin didn't kick in till a foot plus. It's Armageddon here at the stores again, for a storm that will be over in like 6 hours.

rrr_img_12420.jpg

rrr_img_12420.jpg