Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It must have just sat on Houston. Normally when it rains in Houston a short time later it rains in Baton Rouge as it moves east. Nope. 10% chance a sunny skies the entire time Houston was flooding out.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
wife is in near-panic mode with the forecasters warning of a large hail event tonight in north texas. hopefully there arent any 'nados this time, hate waking up the kids to sit in a cramped closet for 30 mins.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
they're predicting world war 3 levels of bad in North Texas right now.

So probably just a light drizzle.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can't think of a better place to put this, so here it goes. Its flooding in Houston apparently like crazy right now (Who knew cities built in the middle of swamps would flood?) and this reporter was trying to do a report on the scene of a flooded street.

Not one, but two separate cars drive past him minutes apart into this flooded street. Its unclear if the driver of the first car, which you'll see floating in the background of this video, drowned or escaped.

The video is of the second driver driving into the flooded area, and basically, how do people like this even manage to tie their shoelaces, much less own, be licensed to operate, and capable of driving a motor vehicle?

Seriously, I doubt most (but not all!) of the people who would read this here would never be so stupid as to try and drive into a flooded area, but just in case one of the ones who would do something like that are reading this:

Do not drive into flooded streets, you dumb ass. That shit will fucking kill you.
Obama voters.

Borzak

Living in an area where they get some really high rainfall rates for a day that when they interview the people who drove into that stuff is always someone who lived there all their life. You would think it would be people not from there and didn't know the water backed up that bad and then would drain off pretty quickly. Nope, "lived here all my life but I thought it was a good idea to drive into 4 feet of water that was above the mailboxes".

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I started to worry last night when the Red Cross actually put out a warning for that storm approaching Dalllas, then it weakened and didn't do shit really.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Woke up to an inch of snow this morning but it's melting pretty fast. We've gotten almost 5 inches of rain in the last month and went from worrying about having to sell cows due to drought to thinking we might have hay to sell this year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We had something like 3 Tornado's in North West Oklahoma tonight. I walked outside and took this.

oSFGA32.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So Lake Travis was way under full for years, especially in 2012/13, where it down to 618ft (Full is at 681.1 ft). Now it's at 692.7ft, over 121% full, and they can't release much more water because the downstream lakes are flooded too. A small reprieve from the rain atm, but it's supposed to rain a lot this coming weekend and next week. Even though a reprieve the inflows to the lake are still crazy.

Quite fascinating to watch all this going down, especially since I live fairly close to this lake.

Lake Travis homes flooded, lake continues to rise | KXAN.com

rrr_img_135317.png

rrr_img_135319.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would prefer stable conditions versus flip-flopping between desert wasteland and swamps every 5 years.

Borzak

East, TX same way. About 17 years ago Rayburn basically dried up. 140,000 acre lake down to nothing. It looked like a pasture with 15' tall weeds in it. People were like "OMG" the lake is doomed. 6 months later both Toledo Bend and Rayburn had the gates open 24/7 making power again and the north end of the lakes were flooded out. The reason both these lakes are nothing but tree stick ups is when they were built the rain came too early/fast and flooded it before they could harvest the trees. Some people never learn. One of my honey hole fishing spots is a dozer on the bottom of Rayburn that got inundated too early. Family in Dripping Springs bitching about how much everything is growing this year.

dtietje4.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So weird to see the Colorado River in downtown Austin so damn swollen and high...

Also looks really muddy. Haven't been out to Lake Travis yet this year.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Houston's got bayous, they are just all full, heh. Plus, they haven't seen this much rain since TS Allison in 2001. All the growth since then has not seen the effects of some serious flooding and.. well, here we are. GG houston. lol.

Borzak

Yeah the Brazos is 4.5' above it's record crest, ever. I gotta believe all that growth west of Houston out toward Katy and such isn't helping.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was down south this past weekend and the hills are already ugly yellow-brown again. Doesn't take long for them to go from green to shitty. Like two hot sunny days and it's over.