Weather

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think they will continue to show it nailing Florida all day because that scrape could change and showing anything less than an impact at this point may make some people not take it seriously. It is a dangerous thing all in all. What time do you head out?

I'll be leaving early Friday, that's earliest we can board our pets due to them needing shots before we drop them off.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Merritt Island and it's a canal property, which I'd presume is worse for this.

Presumed correctly. I'll be heading up to New Smyrna tonight or tomorrow morning and I am not sure if I'm running away from it or into it at this point.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they will continue to show it nailing Florida all day because that scrape could change and showing anything less than an impact at this point may make some people not take it seriously. It is a dangerous thing all in all. What time do you head out?

"The initial motion is 285/14. Irma is currently being steered by
the subtropical ridge to the north, and a general west-
northwestward motion on the south side of the ridge is expected
during the next 48-72 h. This portion of the forecast track is
little changed and is in best overall agreement with the ECMWF
model. The forecast has become more uncertain after 72 h due to
large eastward shifts by the ECMWF, Canadian, and HWRF models
related to forecasts of the mid- to upper-level trough over the
southeastern United States."

Anything still in play.

There might not be a drop of gas from Orlando on south by this time tomorrow. People are good n freaked, believe me.

Vaclav

Presumed correctly. I'll be heading up to New Smyrna tonight or tomorrow morning and I am not sure if I'm running away from it or into it at this point.

Heh, for us it's either old friends in Maryland or ones in the potential path. So we're going to be doing a 12 hr drive. Weeeeeeee...

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heh, for us it's either old friends in Maryland or ones in the potential path. So we're going to be doing a 12 hr drive. Weeeeeeee...

I thought about driving up to MD but fuck, that is 23 hours. Too old for that nonsense.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6am GFS

gfs_mslp_uv850_seus_fh72-138.gif

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I think it's like 10 hrs down A1A to y'all from Cape Canaveral/Merritt Island isn't it?

If you do down A1A. 5ish via Turnpike.

Oh, TOLLS ARE FREE DURING EMERGENCY...thanks Lizard King.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

4th frame of that looks like the NW eye hits us, although I'm not great with maps that far out for FL yet.

Vaclav

If you do down A1A. 5ish via Turnpike.

Oh, TOLLS ARE FREE DURING EMERGENCY...thanks Lizard King.

Ah didn't realize the turnpike hooked onto you guys. I'm lazy with directions so only eyeballed A1A for the eventual visit I plan to do.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW edko edko you know of any resources to check addresses for power and water for returning?

Our local power co op is Keys Energy and they have a real time (ish) site. They are accurate within an hour, usually. Check your local provider site to see if they have an outage page.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As on Orlando resident, I can live with that. Similar to Mathew which was basically a windy day. Had Charlie go straight through in 2004 so this track will let me BBQ outside!!

West side of the storm is much better than the east. Y'all will be fine.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Storm seems to turn north sooner and sooner as the models progress. I hope it moves just a bit more east in the next couple updates and I can live with that. The west-side of a north moving hurricane is the less powerful side.