Weather

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what are the chances that a couple thousand people are still stuck in traffic on the bridge out of the keys when the hurricane shows up?

They are starting evacs tomorrow so I would hope they could get everyone out of there by Saturday.

New NHC track pretty much follows the Euro model still.

MdkNUgv.png

Last edited:

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what are the chances that a couple thousand people are still stuck in traffic on the bridge out of the keys when the hurricane shows up?

Evac started today. With normal humans, you would think unlikely. However, this is Florida and Florida man will do his thing.

I expect some kite boarding videos to come out of this hurricane.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Hopefully the hurricane sees their "COEXIST" bumper stickers and gives them a break

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

That's a huge issue right now with Charleston, SC. You have a major area that's seen a substantial influx of new residents, but not near the time to grow the infrastructure accordingly. The HWY 526 Loop was going to solve all the issues, and bring a means to connect the Tri-County bullshit, basically all the barrier islands to the mainland. Decent sized highway to support progress in the area.

Well that shit got 86ed due to local politics, and the biggest repruccsion is going to be lack of ability to evacuate effectively. Charleston has seen massive growth in the past few years, and roads just can't handle the massive amount of people. Lot of it is shitty CA companies moving to the area (they call it Silicon Harbor).

I guess what I'm saying is fuck you, California. Keep your own state shitty, and don't ruin one that I love.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Slight adjustments to 11pm AST track from the 8pm update but not much.

tap.png

Main thing of note is doesn't slide into Cuba as much and the track has now changed as expected to W-NW instead of W.
916 MB 27.05 in Wow.
Hurricane force winds extend 50 miles. TS winds 175.

Current storm surge predictions:
Northern Leeward Islands...7 to 11 ft
Turks and Caicos Islands...15 to 20 ft
Southeastern Bahamas...15 to 20 ft
Northern coast of the Dominican Republic...3 to 5 ft
Northern coast of Haiti and the Gulf of Gonave...1 to 3 ft

The combination of a life-threatening storm surge and the tide will
cause normally dry areas near the coast to be flooded by rising
waters moving inland from the shoreline. The water is expected to
reach the following HEIGHTS ABOVE GROUND if the peak surge occurs at
the time of high tide...

British and U.S. Virgin Islands except St. Croix...7 to 11 ft
Northern coast of Puerto Rico...3 to 5 ft
Southern coast of Puerto Rico and St. Croix...1 to 2 ft

By the way, that is a all time record on pressure in recorded weather history for the Atlantic.
The previous record was 919 mb set by hurricane Gloria in 1985.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Even if you are prepared and not hit directly, it's the idiots who didn't do anything that would worry me.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man over in the Tampa area people are already acting like super faggots flipping their shit with lines to get gas all the milk and bread bought out like somehow if the hurricane really hits this area a loaf of bread is gonna help these dipshits. If it really looks like it's gonna face fuck us in another day or so I'll drive up North away from this shit for a few days like a non-retard but plenty of faggots are hunkering down. You live in Florida you aren't suppose to flip your shit over something that happens all the fucking time.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man over in the Tampa area people are already acting like super faggots flipping their shit with lines to get gas all the milk and bread bought out like somehow if the hurricane really hits this area a loaf of bread is gonna help these dipshits. If it really looks like it's gonna face fuck us in another day or so I'll drive up North away from this shit for a few days like a non-retard but plenty of faggots are hunkering down. You live in Florida you aren't suppose to flip your shit over something that happens all the fucking time.

The Publix's in Myjammy are getting butt raped.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The Publix's in Myjammy are getting butt raped.

Oh I believe it for sure, but Miami is like LA when it comes to levels of stupid. At least down in the Miami and the Keys I understand why you would be preparing, but shitting your britches up in the gulf coast already seems a little premature.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
GFS is showing signs of a turn before landfall. That would be a pretty awesome trend. Or, a fuck you anomaly tease.

Euro hasn't popped up yet.
Seems like this would be one of the worst case scenarios for the US? Southeast FL is right on the edge of the eye so they still get fucked then it makes landfall as an extremely powerful hurricane in the Carolinas where they're not prepared for this shit at all. Unless your hope here is just that it doesn't hit the keys?

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like this would be one of the worst case scenarios for the US? Southeast FL is right on the edge of the eye so they still get fucked then it makes landfall as an extremely powerful hurricane in the Carolinas where they're not prepared for this shit at all. Unless your hope here is just that it doesn't hit the keys?

Well, obviously I don't want a direct hit on my house, which is what we are looking at.

Models show trends though, so a turn before a run up Florida could indicate a weakening high and/or a front pulling it away, which *could* trend the whole thing more out to sea.

One model run doesn't mean much but if the 6am goes east again it could provide some hope for alot of people.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Well, obviously I don't want a direct hit on my house, which is what we are looking at.

Models show trends though, so a turn before a run up Florida could indicate a weakening high and/or a front pulling it away, which *could* trend the whole thing more out to sea.

One model run doesn't mean much but if the 6am goes east again it could provide some hope for alot of people.
So you'd rather hundreds die than have a file an insurance claim. Spoken like a true bleeding heart liberal.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users