Weather

Hosix

All labs matter!
Need some rain in Phoenix...Jesus the humidity is horrible. Low of 90 tonight :mad:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Weather been fucked up out here lately. 100 degrees with thunderstorms constantly

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's been a pretty damn hot and humid here as well. Fuck this weather.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That heat ain't the weather.. that's global warming approaching.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Fucking hell, I just looked up the weather in Denmark - def not 100 degrees there right now.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Great up here in northern California... for the time being. Did a lake tour today starting at Donner Lake and hit 3 other tiny ones checking them out for future camping trips.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They got 18" of rain in 24 hours about 50 miles from here, after having a full week of hard rain. We got 2 inches over the last week while everything 50 miles is floating off.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in NYC right now and it's unbearable. Mid-90s and instant sweat levels of humidity. Living in SF has made me a pussy when it comes to any weather warmer than 75 or colder than 55.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I'd kill for some fucking rain right now.

zQWq5Wi.png

• 1Like

Borzak

Tropical depression came in and just sat there in Baton Rouge. The house my parents used to own in a suburb flooded and it was outside of the 500 year floodplain when I had it surveyed 15 years ago. My niece just bougnt a house in Laffayette and they had it surveyed and it was outside the 100 year floodplain and it's just about to get flooded. They got 20 inches of rain in the last day and a half.

What's really odd is my parents current house they got 2 inches of rain in the last week, but a guy died swept away in flood water about 5 miles south of them on the same river that is across the road from the them. Odd.

62 mile stretch of I-12 closed due to flooding. There was one intersection closed when I was in high school, but not a stretch of it. And yeah that was 30 years ago.

That's the good news, is where I am currently about 50 miles north it's quite cool all week. I think the high has been in the mid 80's all week instead of 95.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In NJ it was 95 today, but was so miserably muggy that the heat index was at 113. after 11 and its still at 88/heat index95.

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Large amounts of heat lightning with the humidity to match. Summer is the most miserable season for me, the land of eternal sweat is real!

• 1Like

Borzak

Edit

NOAA said the rain would be more than a 100 year rain, probably 500 year rain. The water now raising the rivers didn't come from up north. I'm up north and we got 2". Still raining there today, 3rd day they are predicting 20" of rain again for the 3rd day in a row. All the flood water and rivers are rising just from water in the parish, not from north of it. It can't get into the MS river because of the levee, water in Baton Rouge has to flow east 20 miles to drain since the levee cuts off the river from draining Baton Rouge.

Still raining there, crazy. Tropical depression just sat there, no warning at all. One day they say tropical depression may hit FL, next day it moves and just sits on South Louisiana. 40 miles from Baton Rouge they got 2" of rain over 3 days in either direction. Never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Obama finally declared it a state of emergency tonight and the national guard are everywhere, including my subdivision. I live about 3 miles from the Amite River and Port Vincent and the water just keeps rising. It's slow, but you know it's inevitable to wake up to water in your house. They say the river will crest at 17 feet which will run right on down to us. Sandbags are useful but when the water needs somewhere to go it will find a way in. There are so many people around me with water up to their roof. Mind you, I am from NOLA and helped friends and family after Katrina so it's not my first rodeo. Still really sucks though.

What gets me though are the people that let their kids play in the rushing water not realizing how deep some places are, and it makes for a really bad situation. Same for those trying to drive through an area where you can't see the road or ditch. So many cars are sunk underwater that way. There's people that have lived in this area for almost 40 years and have never seen anything close to this, in terms of flood waters.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

They are saying 1 out of 4 houses in East Baton Rouge parish had water in them at some point or still under water. Amite is still rising. They are still pulling people out of houses trapped in their attic, water just came up that fast. I lived on the Amite river in EBR parish for years and years. Never seen anything like this. They are expecting the Amite river to crest 4 feet higher than ever (at the guage in Denham Springs), higher than 1983 and I remember that. Like I mentioned all the rain was just on BR and below it. If you go 40 miles or so north of BR on the Amite they got limited rain. I'm on the Tangiaphoa in MS at the state line and we got 2" of rain and someone 5 miles south of us died when the river came up from backing up from water south of them. Very odd.

Used to have a place at Head of Island to get away. Guessing it's washed away now.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Obama finally declared it a state of emergency tonight and the national guard are everywhere, including my subdivision. I live about 3 miles from the Amite River and Port Vincent and the water just keeps rising. It's slow, but you know it's inevitable to wake up to water in your house. They say the river will crest at 17 feet which will run right on down to us. Sandbags are useful but when the water needs somewhere to go it will find a way in. There are so many people around me with water up to their roof. Mind you, I am from NOLA and helped friends and family after Katrina so it's not my first rodeo. Still really sucks though.

What gets me though are the people that let their kids play in the rushing water not realizing how deep some places are, and it makes for a really bad situation. Same for those trying to drive through an area where you can't see the road or ditch. So many cars are sunk underwater that way. There's people that have lived in this area for almost 40 years and have never seen anything close to this, in terms of flood waters.

Sister lives right across the river from you in Prairieville, they just built a new house. Had it surveyed to the elevation of Airline and then went up 4 feet and it's right under their house now. The water on Airline is now up to the bottom of the stop signs. Police are walking people with trucks with enough clearance out one at a time in an effort to get people out of the southern part of the parish. Line is 5 hours long at this point. Once Airline floods the entire southern part of Ascension parish is closed and a good portion of EBR parish as well as getting to New Orleans other than the causeway cause I-10 is flooded at the Prairieville exit.

Water rose almost 3 feet in Ascension parish today alone. Country club of Louisiana the water went up 16" today and Highland road flooded, which cosidering it gets its name from being the "high" land and normally never gets water. Water is basically backflowing northward now. Basically rivers are flowing northward there is so much water at this point.

All the AT&T cell towers for the most part went down yesterday in EBR parish. 60% chance of rain today as well. Lived thru Andrew, Katrina, the 1983 flood (which a good portion was caused by I-12 being constructed) and never seen anything close to this. Aerial view of EBR parish they have to look really hard to find a spot of dry land anywhere now.

Guessing all the plants south of Prairieville have guys sheltered in place or using boats to get to work as there is basically no way to get to the chemical plants now. Not good.

What's really odd now is the water is backing up so bad West and East Feliciana is starting to flood. Not what you think of when you think south Louisiana. Very hilly pine areas with a few wineries thrown in, not prone to flooding at all. The coast guard station in St. Helena parish had to be rescued because they didn't have a boat (radar station 100 miles from the water).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity