Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

I live it the damn mountains, highs supposed to mid 80s at most now, going to be mid 90s all week

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

they plan to have rolling blackouts today now, they are called nashville electric service, or NES, ignoring my gamer urge to get serviced by NES, i chose middle tennese electric, MTE instead cuz of lower rates and that they do NOT service nashville, looks like i made a good choice and hopefully only those nashville fucktards get blacked

“Nashville Electric Service and TVA have called an Emergency Load Curtailment Plan (ELCP) Step 20. This emergency load curtailment request is expected to remain in effect through Thursday (6/16/2022) or until cancelled by TVA. Step 20 asks all consumers, including residential, commercial and industrial to voluntarily reduce their use of electricity. Power Supply Alert • A Power Supply Alert is in effect for the TVA service territory. • The bulk power transmission system remains stable and secure at this time. • Probability of Interruptible Products curtailment is high. • Additional updates will be issued as warranted • Hot temperatures are causing high electricity usage across the Southeast, and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has requested a reduction in electric usage. • TVA is asking both residential and commercial customers to voluntarily reduce their usage as a precautionary measure, specifically between the hours of 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM CST.”

Janx Janx , you gonna get hit out there?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
this state is so dumb

BrutulTM BrutulTM they couldn't spray some water or some shit on these lost ribeyes before they decided to die
That's fuckin wild. I'm not a feedlot guy but I've never heard of mass death like that from hot weather. Cattle do tend to get sick if there's a big sudden change in temperature but that is bananas.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Sudden changes can definitely get them. Probably 10 years ago there was an early fall blizzard in South Dakota called the Atlas Blizzard which hit on October 3rd and killed 7500+ cattle even though South Dakota cattle generally spend the entire winter outdoors. Normally you would only lose newborn calves in a blizzard like that but because it was so early the cows were not acclimated to cold weather and didn't have their winter coats grown yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Sudden changes can definitely get them. Probably 10 years ago there was an early fall blizzard in South Dakota called the Atlas Blizzard which hit on October 3rd and killed 7500+ cattle even though South Dakota cattle generally spend the entire winter outdoors. Normally you would only lose newborn calves in a blizzard like that but because it was so early the cows were not acclimated to cold weather and didn't have their winter coats grown yet.
can you even use their hides like that? or do you just bury em or burn em?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
can you even use their hides like that? or do you just bury em or burn em?
I don't know. I suspect that the hide isn't worth the effort it would take to skin them if that's all you get.

Oldbased

> Than U
On TVA north of Nashville in Kentucky.
From noon till exactly 5pm each day my line voltage dropped from the usual 117/118 volts to as low as 104 at times. By 8pm always back to 120.
Voltage drop is not uncommon during high loads and 117 is well within regs. 104 isn't though. It was for sure flexing last week all week everyday.
It shows how much commercial pull is though as last weekend was as bad but the drops only happened during the work week.
If Covid hadn't wrecked so many businesses, pretty sure we'd had more than 2 less than 5 minutes blackouts.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
sample_2ba6e3230a957dbed5d74062f38517b1.jpg

• 1Solidarity

hoganrulz

N00b
It's balls sticking to your leg weather in the UK next week.

Brb only own 2 t shirts and a polo shirt everything is some form of a jumper crew.

I am not prepared

joz123

Potato del Grande
109+ every day for weeks out here. Today it's 111 with rain and lightning. Can't breathe in this shit.

• 1Solidarity