Web Serials

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In fairness, quite a lot happens in book 1. It's book, uh, 4 I guess ? That you have to watch out for ;p
Things are actually picking up speed again now though. I think Shirtaloon fucked up the pacing of Jason's arrival back on Earth pretty bad.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I already put them in mobi format. These are from the Royal Road page, so not the official 1st book copy. I break them into 10 chapters per mobi file.

I put it with all of my other mobi series, here:
If you like Mushoku Tensei (which is up there), the author's newest series that he's currently writing is up there as well. It's Orc Hero Story. It takes place in the same world of Mushoku Tensei. At least I think it does. I haven't read it yet, but I think it said that somewhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally started reading Randidly Ghosthound.

I'm on chapter 210 and its enjoyable enough to keep reading. But god damn it is it hit or miss. Some characters are fantastic and others are absolutely terrible. Same with arcs.

Thankfully there's a shitload of it to get through.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Finally started reading Randidly Ghosthound.

I'm on chapter 210 and its enjoyable enough to keep reading. But god damn it is it hit or miss. Some characters are fantastic and others are absolutely terrible. Same with arcs.

Thankfully there's a shitload of it to get through.
Fair warning: One of my biggest gripe with the series is that, at one point, the author completely switches progression. Suddenly, the System is not important at all. It's all about "images" and cultivation-inspired progression. All the interesting mechanics that were used? They no longer appear, save for a few skill point gains prompts which feel completely superfluous.

I thought that System was very interesting, but to see it abandoned like that after so many chapters?

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ive also been reading Beware of Chicken, it’s pretty good but obviously not all that serious of a series.
The whole thing is an hilarious comedic take on all that is xianxia. It's what we've been waiting since Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4 's author vanished! (homage made with chapter 6 title)

"You Tell 'em, Big D!"

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The whole thing is an hilarious comedic take on all that is xianxia. It's what we've been waiting since Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4 's author vanished! (homage made with chapter 6 title)

"You Tell 'em, Big D!"
It’s great. Love how the main character is a Xianxia character and immediately says “fuck this, I don’t care about this cultivation shit I’m going to start a farm and just live my life”. And then his fucking farm animals become cultivators in spite of that, poor dude can’t even eat most of his meat sources.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh shit son Magic-Smithing getting REAL good.
I should be at the Chapter 62 soon enough. I'm at 49 right now, and it's great.

The girl scared the hell out of Kervin's 2 bodyguards with her Soul skill, and she noticed a camouflaged guy (I think he's from the Trading Company) that ran away into the woods once she stepped into her house to drop off the magic tools. This series rules.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I should be at the Chapter 62 soon enough. I'm at 49 right now, and it's great.

The girl scared the hell out of Kervin's 2 bodyguards with her Soul skill, and she noticed a camouflaged guy (I think he's from the Trading Company) that ran away into the woods once she stepped into her house to drop off the magic tools. This series rules.
It's the only one that I patreon for. His Patreon is on Chapter 80-something.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How much is the Patreon, and does a donation only unlock what is currently available, or does it continue for the duration of the donation time? IE - It keeps up to date on every new chapter, and not just the ones that were published at the time of your donation?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
How much is the Patreon, and does a donation only unlock what is currently available, or does it continue for the duration of the donation time? IE - It keeps up to date on every new chapter, and not just the ones that were published at the time of your donation?
$5 and it unlocks everything posted. You’ll get any new chapters that are posted while you are subbed. Regardless of when you sign up, renewal is the beginning of the following month. For example, sign up for $5 on February 28th and you’ll be charged $5 then and $5 on March 1st. If you cancel immediately after the 28th payment you’ll lose access to all posts on March 1st.

Tldr; don’t subscribe anytime but the beginning of a month (or close to it).

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Thanks for the heads up. I have never used Patreon, so it's nice to get an understanding ahead of time.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the heads up. I have never used Patreon, so it's nice to get an understanding ahead of time.
Be sure to check what you get on the Patreon for any webserial though. Not everyone applies the same rules to various tiers.

Beware Of Chicken, for instance, does not do advance chapters - it's purely an appreciation for the author and Discord access to chat with him and the rest of the big fans.

(I'm pretty sure if he were to have advance chapters, he'd double or triple his numbers)

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The way Patreon organizes chapters, or rather doesn't organize chapters, for creators like writers is so god damn awful though. Like, You couldn't imagine a more terrible way to do it. It's not even organized like a blog where you can just go to various pages, its posted like comments on a feeed.

Whenever he posts a chapter I just have it go straight to my email and read it there.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm in the middle of Magic-Smithing chapter 61. The introduction to the monster reminds me a lot of the Mr. Poopiebutthole episode of Rick & Morty. Just saying.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The most recent development on the Patreon for Magic-Smithing is just really interesting and strong character development. The guy's characters are all pretty good and there's enough plot threads going on that you aren't really sure of the direction it is going to go.

Ukerric Ukerric . If you're caught up. Am I wrong here or is the insinuation that Pacore wears invisible armor that nobody seems to even be aware of? So he's "deathless" in large part to nobody realizing he's wearing it and actually much more vulnerable than he appears to be? Why can Aaliyah perceive it and nobody else Pacore hangs around?

In Delve I think the whole situation with Hegar was very poorly laid out. Hegar and his PK crew were waiting around that town because of an unexpected tunnel into the underdark opening up. But they needed to secure it somehow? Why didn't they just go down? Why were they at odds with Rain other than just being assholes?

Last edited: