Weed Culture

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Thanks guys, I can't wait to do drugs!

I agree with the "buy what smells good, put it in a nice glass pipe and smoke it" advice.

Also, grow your own. It's pretty easy, and a neat little hobby. And gives you status in the weed group

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20191003-104530.png

Guess this manufacturer is lying outright on Weed Maps but not one single person has decided to call him out (despite this being the internet, where every asshole who thinks they know what they're talking about are eager to try to correct anyone they think they can, as we can see)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hm okay so actually I do have to take a step back after some more research -- the carts I'm getting here in Michigan don't, but it looks like some commercial carts in California and Colorado are adding small amounts of glycerin and/or glycol to increase viscosity. It's still a very small amount, and the contents of those carts are still genuinely 80%-90% + pure oil

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ok fuck nut. Which government regulation agency has oversight over THC?

You're the one that's supposed to be providing sources to your claims, not asking more questions. And the answer to your disingenuous question is, of course, "none," which does bring up many more concerns when it comes to quality -- but definitely distracts from your original claims, so I have to question why you're changing subject now

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Since he can't be bothered to post a source, here's something legitimate for everyone to read instead of just trying to figure out which of these arguing stoners is right

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Since retard there can’t figure out a basic answer, there is no government regulation agency that controls THC product marketing or packaging. That means there is no standard for packaging labels. Which means they don’t have to tell you all the information. Which means your little package that “tells you everything” can be purposely misworded to mislead people to thinking they getting a better quality product than they are.

And 99.9999% THC distillate comes in crystal rock form, not a liquid.

Here fuckwad: THC Crystals: The Purest THC on the Planet

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Since retard there can’t figure out a basic answer, there is no government regulation agency that controls THC product marketing or packaging. That means there is no standard for packaging labels. Which means they don’t have to tell you all the information. Which means your little package that “tells you everything” can be purposely misworded to mislead people to thinking they getting a better quality product than they are.

And 99.9999% THC distillate comes in crystal rock form, not a liquid.

But yes, you're right, the manufacturer COULD be lying to me -- which is a whole different subject that you are trying to change to.

You really have made yourself look like an asshole. Even if I'm wrong, at least I'm trying to be civil about it, here In the Grown Up forum, instead of trying to "win" by calling you a retard 37 times

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

You’re not smart enough to realize that there is no regulation concerning packaging labels. Why should I not insult your IQ?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Either way I would nto trust that shit. Those kids dying from vaping are not dying form nic vapes, they are dying from THC vapes. Supposedly some vitamin E shit they use to suspend the THC which is fucking up their lungs? Either way youre a fool to trust that shit. Whats so fucking hard abotu rolling a J or sticking a gram in your pipe? At least at that point you know WTF youre smoking.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Carts aren't "chemicals" other than in so much as everything is a chemical. And it's a fine starting point as long as he doesn't start taking giant rips before he gives the first hit a chance to kick in.

My 66 year old retiree mother vapes once in awhile now. You're really overestimating the learning curve here lol.

All a newbie needs to know before their first hit is "start with just one hit, and quit inhaling it before your lungs feel full.". If you inhale all the way you're gonna cough your ass off, but if you start just taking "sips" and waiting 5-15 minutes between there's no way you'll accidentally go overboard.
I'm not talking about a learning curve. I agree with you, there isnt a lot of skill or training required here lol. Puff puff give, pass to the left.

No, I'm talking about potency. I've been smoking for a long time and even I dont want this 30% high end weed. And I'm talking about buds here, not crazy chemical extracts. The stuff I smoked in high school didnt come with numbers, but by comparison with the modern stuff which does, I'd guess it was 5-10% back then. These days the lowest end buds are like 15-20%. I take one hit off a bowl and get a pretty good effect, even as a long term user.

But while the gauged-eared douche is doing his ri-fucking-diculous act of packing the product up using chopsticks (I shit you not. Chopsticks), I check out the bizarre chemistry set under the counter. These things are just stupid, 70% and higher? Why do I want that? Let alone, why would I recommend that to a new user?

Its like alcohol percentage in drinks. I don't buy wine or beer based on alcohol percentage, I buy it based on taste and price. If a wine came along with 4 times higher alcohol content, I guess I'd try it once but I wouldnt switch to buying that kind. And I definitely wouldnt tell the guy buying his first drink "get this stuff, it has 4 times more alcohol!"

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You’re not smart enough to realize that there is no regulation concerning packaging labels. Why should I not insult your IQ?

There is no regulation at all regarding any vape shit, nic or THC. This is the fucking problem. People making this shit in their bath tubs with god knows what ingredients. I vape nic, have been since like 2011, but I make my own juice so I know exactly WTF is in there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

When the fuck did I say I don't realize that? I directly responded saying that, yes, I know that, and the manufacturer could totally be lying to me. Yes. You are right. It has nothing to do with your original claim tho, that my CCell cart contents are somehow almost the same thing as Juul. Or that THC needs to be suspended in something in order to work in this style cart (news for you -- the dosage sizes wouldn't even make sense in the type of product you're describing.)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Either way I would nto trust that shit. Those kids dying from vaping are not dying form nic vapes, they are dying from THC vapes. Supposedly some vitamin E shit they use to suspend the THC which is fucking up their lungs? Either way youre a fool to trust that shit. Whats so fucking hard abotu rolling a J or sticking a gram in your pipe? At least at that point you know WTF youre smoking.
I'm not talking about a learning curve. I agree with you, there isnt a lot of skill or training required here lol. Puff puff give, pass to the left.

No, I'm talking about potency. I've been smoking for a long time and even I dont want this 30% high end weed. And I'm talking about buds here, not crazy chemical extracts. The stuff I smoked in high school didnt come with numbers, but by comparison with the modern stuff which does, I'd guess it was 5-10% back then. These days the lowest end buds are like 15-20%. I take one hit off a bowl and get a pretty good effect, even as a long term user.

But while the gauged-eared douche is doing his ri-fucking-diculous act of packing the product up using chopsticks (I shit you not. Chopsticks), I check out the bizarre chemistry set under the counter. These things are just stupid, 70% and higher? Why do I want that? Let alone, why would I recommend that to a new user?

Its like alcohol percentage in drinks. I don't buy wine or beer based on alcohol percentage, I buy it based on taste and price. If a wine came along with 4 times higher alcohol content, I guess I'd try it once but I wouldnt switch to buying that kind. And I definitely wouldnt tell the guy buying his first drink "get this stuff, it has 4 times more alcohol!"

At least personally, having spent the last four years going through chemotherapy, getting up to go outside in the cold (yes I know it's summer right now, I smoke more bud in the summer) and spend 5 minutes inhaling smoke is a lot bigger deal than taking 2-3 quick puffs off of my pen in my living room. I've been a stoner for 15 years and definitely used to talk like you guys -- I used to just smoke joints and bowls and chuckle a bit at my friend's who did all the complicated stuff. Shit changes *shrugs*

The reason that vapes are nice for newbies is because, despite them being so potent, the fact that you can take itty bitty puffs if you want means it's a lot easier to titrate your dose.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, and while inhaling vaporized distillate can also be pretty harsh, us old stoners only find it worse than inhaling smoke because we've been doing the smoke thing for so long. My friends that just recently got into all this say that vaping is easier on their lungs than smoking.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
BTW, HA there seems to be representing me as saying we shouldn't be skeptical of the manufacturers of these products. Not what I'm saying at all. Be skeptical of what you put in your body. Be skeptical of everything. It's just that there's already plenty of facts we can give when convincing others to be skeptical. I'd prefer my scare mongering to be factual, so sue me?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm not saying no one should ever eat it (although subjectively I think youre nuts; the smell is one of the great things about pot)

I'm saying advising a new user to start with edibles is like advising a virgin to start with triple anal penetration.

Only weed I've ever had is edibles. I took 10mg in Vegas and my body went numb. I didn't even think I would be able to walk. I was high as fuck. It was not bad, but it wasn't an experience that made me want to do more edibles.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
There is no regulation at all regarding any vape shit, nic or THC. This is the fucking problem. People making this shit in their bath tubs with god knows what ingredients. I vape nic, have been since like 2011, but I make my own juice so I know exactly WTF is in there.
The people who are dying from vaping are using bootleg carts, shit bought from a legal weed store won't be some dude making oil in his garage. Good stuff is all co2 extract so no butane.

• 1Solidarity

H.A. Monkey

But yes, you're right, the manufacturer COULD be lying to me -- which is a whole different subject that you are trying to change to.

It’s called marketing, and you’ve bought it hook, line, and sinker. The FDA ensures products get properly described, and proper display of stuff. There is no FDA involvement in weed/THC sales. Which means, yes, they are misleading you.

Only weed I've ever had is edibles. I took 10mg in Vegas and my body went numb. I didn't even think I would be able to walk. I was high as fuck. It was not bad, but it wasn't an experience that made me want to do more edibles.

Last edibles I purchased, I ate the entire 100mg package are barely felt anything at all. They are def for beginners.

The people who are dying from vaping are using bootleg carts, shit bought from a legal weed store won't be some dude making oil in his garage. Good stuff is all co2 extract so no butane.

I wish that were the case, but as I keep pointing out. Since the FDA has no involvement, the accuracy of product claims and correct product labels do not exist. And since this type of product is so new to the market, the difference between food safe products for consumption and inhaled safe for consumption is not clearly outline. So there are ‘reputable’ companies putting out bad products because we flat out don’t have all the evidence needed to declare certain products not safe for inhalation.

Just recently there were 32(?) massive grows here in Colorado that got shut down. All of them were operating at some point, in compliance with state law. Some were shuttered because of their waste processing. Simple shit. But it shows the entire industry is not as honest as the consumers want it to be.