Weight Loss Thread

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Hit 405x5 on RDL today. Going to attempt to hit 500 in a couple months. That'll be the first time in my life that I'll use 2.5lb weights.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seen a few tools drop bars on their faces because benching thumbs under the bar is way more hardcore. Not saying that's what OP did... but I've seen it. And I've laughed.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Damn, how'd that happen?

I actually did the same thing several years ago, with close to the same amount of weight. Was going to rerack it and one side missed the pins. Luckily the other half DID make the pins, so that it didn't all come crashing down onto my face. Ended up with what was essentially a bit of road rash on my upper lip (smaller than a dime) from the knurling rubbing against the skin. Now I make it a point to ensure that it's fully racked before letting go.
oh just lifting without a spotter cause everyone is a fucking flake and randomly gassed on a set that i normally have np with

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I caved and got a gym membership, wasn't really plausible to get the home gym set up without dumping way too much cash. Went in at a busy time on Sunday and the squat/leg area was wide open. It's gonna be nice.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Well all the spin bikes/treadmills/elliptical were in use and a good chunk of the lower floor was in use but only like three dudes in the leg area.

I'll know Tuesday when I go in for an actual workout.

Edit: it's in the yuppiest part of town(the pearl)so I expect it's mostly all the cardio bros and gorgeous yoga pants.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sunday never has a busy time. Saturday too.
That's absolutely not true. My old gym used to be completely packed from around 12 to 3 on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm talking all 9 benches occupied, both squat racks, the power rack, and almost all the cardio machines. It wasn't quite as bad as weekday evenings, but it was certainly a "busy time" for the two weekend days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought I posted this earlier but either didn't or bungled it and posted in the wrong thread.

I'm down 20 lbs so far. I thought I would be at my ideal weight in another 5 but based on my stomach flab it's looking like I'm going to need to lose another 10. This is the most motivated I've been in a long time and I will be the lightest I've been since I was about 15 when I'm done. Losing between 1-3 lbs per week so far and eating clean, haven't had a single stagnant week since I started. The worst I'm doing is eating a lot of chicken sausage which is pretty loaded with sodium but I need at least one vice. At least it's a low calorie vice.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Myfitnesspal doesn't subtract calories for lifting how do you guys put this in i feel like when i lift or do a ton of kettlebell swings That should count positively toward my day.

Khane

Myfitnesspal doesn't subtract calories for lifting how do you guys put this in i feel like when i lift or do a ton of kettlebell swings That should count positively toward my day.
If you want to know for certain you should find out your stats and get a heart monitor and calculate it yourself then save it in MFP.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What Khane said. There is a weight training category under cardiovascular that will affect your calories and protein macro.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate the chest strap that comes with heart rate monitors. I heard somewhere that there were a few decent ones that are wrist only. Anyone have any info on this?

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Count your calories 28 years old ,, 6`5

rrr_img_60494.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Almost 100 pounds in a year, nicely done!

Was that all from diet or have you been exercising?

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
i have become more active but nothing serious , just myfitnessBFF

Khane

Nicely done. Willirico, go celebrate with some beers at the Willimantic Brewing Co!