Weight Loss Thread

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Im starting to follow orthodox christian diet / fasting routine. I am hopeful it will help with weight loss but also help with my spirituality.

I actually did this for a few lent seasons some years ago. I got calendars that showed me what was allowed on which days. I'm sure its all online now. I do remember it fondly.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Im starting to follow orthodox christian diet / fasting routine. I am hopeful it will help with weight loss but also help with my spirituality.
If you tithe more, you'll have less to spend on blubber building.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I actually did this for a few lent seasons some years ago. I got calendars that showed me what was allowed on which days. I'm sure its all online now. I do remember it fondly.

Yeah the wednesday / Friday every week thing is interesting -- im doing fasting each week.

If you tithe more, you'll have less to spend on blubber building.

your not wrong.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the wednesday / Friday every week thing is interesting -- im doing fasting each week.

Fasting , but are you also adhering to what is allowed on particular days? Like no oil on some days, no meat on others, only things without "blood (i.e. like Squid)" on others, etc. etc.? It gets pretty elaborate.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fasting , but are you also adhering to what is allowed on particular days? Like no oil on some days, no meat on others, only things without "blood (i.e. like Squid)" on others, etc. etc.? It gets pretty elaborate.
thanks for reminding me i gotta add squid to my list going to the asian market today

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

I am starting with the wednesday / fridays to get me started and yes -- basically one meal at the end of the day doing vegetarian (for avoidance of doubt).

I am trying to slowly work my way into the rest for the preparation of the next fasting season. I would say its a learning process.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any advice for putting on muscle? I went from 220lbs of a fat pos to 150lbs in the last year. 6ft for reference. I thought I'd be happy once I got skinny but in reality in a bony skeleton who is weak as shit. So.. time to hit the weights I guess.

Based on my weekly weight loss my TDEE is 2400.. that seems stupid high after eating 1500 for an entire year it feels. So I started at 2k to be safe. Focusing on 150 grams of protein a day.

Been doing a PPL for 2 weeks now and I feel like total crap. Fatigued. Cold. Crampy. Cranky.

I think I definitely need to eat more but I dont trust myself when it comes to raising calories.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you arent recovering well, you arent eating enough calories (good calories, not twinkies and chips and shit) or you are overtraining or you arent sleeping enough. Or the combination of the three. Also if you are taking pre workout and/or drinking other shit with L-tyrosine in it, it may be having an effect on your baseline serotonin levels resulting in shitty moods and shitty attitude towards work outs (and everything else).

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. My PWO does have L-tyrosine in it.
You really dont need pre workout at your stage of working out. Consider eating a small amount of carbs instead 30-60 minutes before the workout.

Here is one opinion on timing the food:

Here is some info on neurotransmitters including the explanation of l-tyrosine:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Any advice for putting on muscle? I went from 220lbs of a fat pos to 150lbs in the last year. 6ft for reference. I thought I'd be happy once I got skinny but in reality in a bony skeleton who is weak as shit. So.. time to hit the weights I guess.

Based on my weekly weight loss my TDEE is 2400.. that seems stupid high after eating 1500 for an entire year it feels. So I started at 2k to be safe. Focusing on 150 grams of protein a day.

Been doing a PPL for 2 weeks now and I feel like total crap. Fatigued. Cold. Crampy. Cranky.

I think I definitely need to eat more but I dont trust myself when it comes to raising calories.
Do you want bulk or just getting some stamina? If you want to stay lean I would highly suggest finding some sort of tai chi or yoga classes in your area. Low impact, but your stamina will be off the charts in pretty short order. The flexibility and vastly improved cardiovascular system aren't anything to sneeze at either.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm

A bit late to the party, but in regards to putting on muscle I am a fan of the teams in the evidence based space. Lot's of options for information these days. Couple of my usual suspects below. If you are just getting started strength training pretty much any program will work. Best thing would be to get started, be consistent, enjoy what you are doing, and flavor to taste.

Home • Stronger by Science - My current favorites. Great team, podcast, diet app, etc.
Renaissance Periodization - Lots of great YouTube information and my wife likes their diet app

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Anyone here swim for cardio? I've been hitting the pool 3-4x a week for a few months now and feel fantastic. I'm looking for a heart monitor that works in the water. I've done basic googling and nothing gets really stellar reviews, wondering if any forum bros have personal experience.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone here swim for cardio? I've been hitting the pool 3-4x a week for a few months now and feel fantastic. I'm looking for a heart monitor that works in the water. I've done basic googling and nothing gets really stellar reviews, wondering if any forum bros have personal experience.

I know nothing about the device and have never used one, but my mother is a tri / ironman competitor and uses a Garmin Fenix and is a fan. She only got it because my sister worked for Garmin for a short while and got a deep discount. They are mighty expensive.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fitbit charge 5 or Oura ring. Or both.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have any good references or recommendations for workout routines? I'm looking for shit I can do at home with dumbbells (I have the adjustable weight ones I got like 10 years ago). It's been a long time since I've worked out and I'm reasonably out of shape, and looking for some kind of workout schedule type thing I can do. I'm not really looking to get buff or anything, just trying to lose weight and get healthier.