Weight Loss Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Jeeze, @Amod, could you move this whole stupid discussion to an appropriate thread?
cock block GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I believe basically what he did was not eat anything for three days, then on the 4th day he would eat 150% of the calories that he was previously told to eat for just 1 day. So lets say he was told to eat 2000 calories per day.

Day 1: 0 calories
Day 2: 0 calories
Day 3: 0 calories
Day 4: 3000 calories (150%) in one meal (OMAD - one meal a day)

Average daily calories: 750 ...

Per Burnem, this isn't starvation, it's fasting.

Burnem - I'm just picking on you. I've read about IF and did 16/8 for a while before and had no problems with it. I truly am glad you lost that weight and you look great. My lifestyle doesn't work with those much longer fasts, I love exercising, and I look forward to getting on my bike every day and hitting the road, it's literally my favorite activity.
I’ll explain better. After 6 month of a 1500 calorie diet, eating 3 meals a day I was down 3 pounds. I then read the diabetes code and did 16/8 for 3 days and found it to be easier and did 24 hour fast and did the 24 hour fast for 3 weeks. In just under one month I was down 25-30 pounds, each meal was at least 150% more calories than I had been eating under the dieticians plan. I started getting really into it and decided hey let’s do 48 hours and I did that for 3 cycles and found that I didn’t like when I ate and went up to 72 and it felt more natural to me. A month of 48 and 72 hour fast I was down an additional 40 pounds, then I started to go into 5 day fast and even did one 7 day fast but the hassle of reintroducing food is a hassle. 72 is my jam if I indulge at a family outing to make sure I don’t put the weight back on. 24 hours is my maintenance and I without a doubt eat a fuck ton more than what that woman had me on, 150% is low balling it. All she did was keep me starving and wreck my metabolism.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
is this the only reason to swig a shot of acv?

4f87cb80050079445fe2d40f326f074b.png
ACV also helps with heart burn, insulin resistance which helps with diabetes, add some fresh squeezed lime (lemon works limes better) and some cream of tartar. I can’t remember all the benefits the shit is amazing for you.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I just ate 2 pounds of home made chicken wings with Tessemae’s wing sauce with about 1,000 calories worth blue cheese between the sauce and my salad that’s about 10 cups. That’s a typical meal rather I go 24 48 or 72 hours. I eat good and eat plenty, I just have nothing in between and I’m strict with that.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How the fuck is 12 hrs a fast? That's just the normal time between dinner and breakfast. You must have been a beast if it took two years to adjust to 12 hrs, lol.

Why do you think it's called BREAK FAST???

• 3Galaxy Brain
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just ate 2 pounds of home made chicken wings with Tessemae’s wing sauce with about 1,000 calories worth blue cheese between the sauce and my salad that’s about 10 cups. That’s a typical meal rather I go 24 48 or 72 hours. I eat good and eat plenty, I just have nothing in between and I’m strict with that.
So...a calorie restrictive diet.

Or are you suggesting the following..

Guy A eats 2,000 kcals a day for 3 days.

Guy B eats 9,000 kcals once in 3 days.

Guy B is going to somehow lose more weight because he's "fasting"?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You can stop worrying so much about the muscle loss. It turns out that fasting is a muscle sparing activity. It also doesn't make much sense biologically that our bodies would cannibalize muscle before fat in times of energy restriction.

Fucking lol

Screenshot (48).png

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I approve of these derails because they allow for openings for Lumi to come in and pwn someone. I laughed pretty hard at that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You can stop worrying so much about the muscle loss. It turns out that fasting is a muscle sparing activity. It also doesn't make much sense biologically that our bodies would cannibalize muscle before fat in times of energy restriction.

Muscle loss is pretty much a myth. If you're using your muscles and you don't have an insane mass, you probably wont lose muscle easily, and especially not through diet/fasting unless you just drop your activity to zero.

Activity/working out has massively bigger influence on muscle mass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Muscle loss is pretty much a myth. If you're using your muscles and you don't have an insane mass, you probably wont lose muscle easily, and especially not through diet/fasting unless you just drop your activity to zero.

Activity/working out has massively bigger influence on muscle mass.
Shhhhhh.

The raging Brit is around. Be silent lest you draw his grotesque attention.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Shhhhhh.

The raging Brit is around. Be silent lest you draw his grotesque attention.

I'm 40 this year.

Screenshot (49).png

"but I personally am not a fan of increased activity specifically for weight loss. If you are going to go that route, though, you have to realize that your body is incredibly efficient at expending energy to produce work and it will immediately signal you to replace that lost energy in the form of extra calories"

Just. Stop.

If you spent half as much time actually training/eating right as you do listening quack retards on the internet trying to sell you their magic beans, then maybe you'd actually have some results to show for it

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Going intermittent fasting was the easiest change I ever made and shaved 75 pounds off my fat ass. Lost another 40 pounds last year with Keto before I fell off the wagon with grief eating. Church ladies dropping off plates of cookies is a nice sentiment but not what I should have had. Getting back to it since I still have another human being left to lose.

what kind of intermittent fasting are you talking? Currently I just stop eating by 5pm

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If you spent half as much time actually training/eating right as you do listening quack retards on the internet trying to sell you their magic beans, then maybe you'd actually have some results to show for it

I don't get it, why are you disagreeing with him? If you want to lose weight, what you eat is full stop the absolute most important thing. If you want to build muscle mass, working out is the most important thing. If you are both fat and lazy, you need to include both, but if you don't lose weight it's because you're porking too much food into your food-hole.

I mean, is there anything to what I said you disagree with? BTW, I posted before about how my 40 year old friend who was super into health keeled over dead from natural causes. He had a pretty similar body to that. Pushing your bmi too low is risky at any age, but gets riskier the older you are. I'll settle for my working man's build with a 15 bmi. I used to be a fatto, but then I got the willpower to eat less.