Weight Loss Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Precisely. If you're fat and obsessed with food, and starve yourself for 3 days then eat one meal, you will absolutely lose weight. Our bodies evolved this way because food sources were not always guaranteed when we were hunting food in the tall grasses of Africa. If you're naturally ripped and can workout and become Rocky in Rocky 4, then you'll always slay pussy.
You don’t have to go that long 16/8 20/4 or OMAD will work for a lot of people who aren’t trying to look like a muscle builder. Different regimens for different goals, time restriction is the best for burning fat for people who are over weight looking to lose that fat. The longer you go the quicker you burn obviously but you don’t have to go to the extremes I did, diabetes runs in my family and If I got to the point of requiring insulin my CDL gets revoked so I had extra motivation to do what was needed. I had to quit eating so my kid could continue to eat.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
"Personal research"

www.youtube.com
Search: "Weight loss for lazy people without doing exercise"
The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss (The Wellness Code Series Book 1) (The Code Series, 1)
Also a lot of YouTube videos yes lol and would read the links of the studies in the description. Why do you mock me for finding information on the internet that helped me when people in your profession failed to provide me with actual beneficial information?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Attachments

• 8D05CB8F-3A98-43D9-A637-B233BE9514C9.jpeg
    8D05CB8F-3A98-43D9-A637-B233BE9514C9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Precisely. If you're fat and obsessed with food, and starve yourself for 3 days then eat one meal, you will absolutely lose weight. Our bodies evolved this way because food sources were not always guaranteed when we were hunting food in the tall grasses of Africa. If you're naturally ripped and can workout and become Rocky in Rocky 4, then you'll always slay pussy.
3 days? man fuck that i'm on day 4? of 16/8 of just coffee and eating a meal at 8 (now i eat at 6:30 cuz Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre said so, and i'm too lazy to find out why, i mean wtf, mormons eat dinner at 6)

btw @Falxy-US, they probably lost my package
206779f7e6911820857884614d82e555.png

btw i also got a waffle maker, cuz fuck it, if i'm gonna go deep fry me a chicken, i'm going deep south baby!
f23061a7b572c824c5bbdd07e7c3edca.png

this was reviewed second best, only b/c the 1st place one did 2 waffles at a time, but this one can store vertically so thats the big bonus for me. (even tho it'll be stored in my pantry, it's already full)

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
3 days? man fuck that i'm on day 4? of 16/8 of just coffee and eating a meal at 8 (now i eat at 6:30 cuz Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre said so, and i'm too lazy to find out why, i mean wtf, mormons eat dinner at 6)

btw @Falxy-US, they probably lost my package
206779f7e6911820857884614d82e555.png

btw i also got a waffle maker, cuz fuck it, if i'm gonna go deep fry me a chicken, i'm going deep south baby!
f23061a7b572c824c5bbdd07e7c3edca.png

this was reviewed second best, only b/c the 1st place one did 2 waffles at a time, but this one can store vertically so thats the big bonus for me. (even tho it'll be stored in my pantry, it's already full)
Aren’t you a Chinese spy, you probably weight 110 why are you dieting.

• 1Worf

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is a statement regarding Growth Hormone timing and fasting

This doesn't appear to have any real effect on metabolism based on another study I just read, but at least it should be protective towards lean muscle mass in short term fasting.

Here is the full study.

Edit: I'm not finding a whole lot on fasting boosting metabolism. I have heard the claim before. So even though Ossoi called him a Quack, here is an interesting video of Dr. Fung talking about Fasting and Metabolism.

He says that the metabolic boost comes mainly from an increase in adrenaline production which is needed to mobilize fat stores for energy. I can't find anything that quantifies the metabolic increase, so maybe its just a "Hey look, not only does fasting protect your metabolism, but it even boosts it a little bit" kind of thing.
I've never fully fasted but I did something similar. I got up to maybe 155lb where my normal weight is 130ish. I lost it all in less than a month & a half just drinking chocolate protein shakes 3 times a day with maybe a couple pieces of bread. Basically only intaking 700 calories a day 5 or 6 days a week. I would eat something i loved, like pizza, on the 7th day just to stay sane. It also helped my metabolism from going into starving mode. Maybe snuck in one normal meal during the week as well.

The first two or three days are the hardest because you will be starving. But if you can make it past the 3 day mark you won't be nearly as hungry everyday. Idk if that will work with someone who is massively overweight, but in my case it was fine.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
yea i'm getting a gut, treadmill and beat saber isn't cutting, and i was thinking i only eat 2 meals a day anyway, hows it gonna hurt to do 1 meal.
If you aren’t already taking vitamin D, do so but also do magnesium, berberine, zinc. Those supplements along with a daily apple cider vinegar drink that has fresh squeezed lime will help with insulin resistance and lower your blood sugars which will make your fat burning window longer. I prefer to do this with a meal, if I’m not eating that particular day I skip the vitamin D and some other fat soluble supplements i take.

I recently found apple cider with Ujida green tea, lime, cream of tartar and some stevia to actually taste good but only with a meal. Also don’t skimp on the protein, to help with hunger go with .7 to .8g of protein per pound of body weight or more if you want as you will find this helps with hunger as you get deeper into your fast.

Ujido Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder - Ceremonial Blend - Packaged in Japan (2 oz)
I think it taste great but my wife says “you think that shit taste great, you nasty mother fucker?” So something might be wrong with me because it really does, either way it beats the fuck out of taking 2 tablespoon shots of apple cider vinegar and chasing it.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Thats enough for now.

The issue in this thread was the blanket statements and the refusal to adjust or retract when presented with clear evidence to the contrary.

I'll give you an example from Fungs Instagram:

Screenshot_20210307-113517.jpg

As I've already said repeatedly, I was eating 200-400g of carbs and achieving a recomp effect. Yes that recomp was a "one off" due to 11 months of no training. But for other cuts, I don't drop carbs significantly until I'm close to single digit body fat, and that's only because my protein intake never changes and the body needs a minimum intake of fat.

Therefore whilst the advice in the picture may be right for some people, it's clearly not relevant for everyone - do you agree?

Also, if you follow what l posted earlier:

Screenshot_20210307-014947.jpg

You get to his page: Meal frequency, intermittent fasting, and dietary protein | The poor, misunderstood calorie

Which is interesting because he's got a screenshot of Fung replying to him

Summary of the page:

"This wasn’t well-received in social media because bro-science & many low carb advocates say grazing is no longer in vogue — “it’s much better/healthier/whatever to eat once or twice daily, because intermittent fasting and all that jazz” …however, this may be problematic when it comes to meeting overall protein needs, which is particularly important when you’re losing weight."

Screenshot_20210307-114859.jpg

And the above is Fung replying with the "science study fallacy" - if a study supports your worldview it's good science, if it contradicts your worldview it's bad science.

Conclusion summary:

"6 meals per day was better for body composition than 2 meals per day. But context is everything, and this hypothesis has been tested from a variety of different angles, so what does it mean?

Result: “a diet with a high-protein concentration, fed as frequent small meals, is associated with better preservation of lean tissue than an isoenergetic diet with lower-protein concentration fed as fewer meals.”

"If you’re losing weight (ie, in an energy deficit), then intermittent fasting is cool if protein intake is high (above “adequateTM“)… the bigger the energy deficit, the more protein is necessary to optimize changes in body composition."

As should be obvious by now, I'm interested in body composition, preservation of muscle etc

Which is why Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre advice or belief of "hahaha you could have fasted and you would have got better results" is clearly contrary to what the science says.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are people suggesting that someone that's obese and sitting on a couch that needs to lose a bunch of weight is different than a low fat active person that's just trying to cut?

Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre made blanket statements like "you can't lose weight whilst spiking insulin"

And refused to retract when I showed him that you could, using photos, weight logs, mfp logs and dexa scans, lol

He then doubled down and claimed that he could have optimised my results.

That's pretty funny when my dxa scan shows that in six months I gained something like 9lbs of lean mass, lol

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So even though Ossoi called him a Quack,

I literally just googled "fasting muscle loss". Top result was one of his articles Dr. Jason Fung: Does fasting burn muscle? — Diet Doctor

Second paragraph:

Screenshot (72).png

Combine that with another article from his website, that I posted yesterday: How Insulin Works – Hormonal Obesity VII | The Fasting Method

fungus.jpg
Using Jesus as a way to sell fasting - well, I don't even need to explain the issue with that. (But maybe some people here are as zealous about religion as they are about fasting)

And I tried to point out the issue with the second screen yesterday, but it seemed to go over Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre head

A) "This is what Moms everywhere used to say. 3 meals a day, no snacks." - I literally asked you bro, does he have a delorean or something?

B) "We are told to eat all the time. Eat 3 meals a day with 3 snacks in between" - who is telling me/us this?

C) ""This is our current advice. And this dietary pattern is associated with much higher levels of obesity." - this is the false cause fallacy

If you guys can't see the issue with someone using "Well Jesus fasted" and blanket, unfounded sweeping generalisations like "1950s/60s Moms everywhere used to say 3 meals a day no snacks" to sell his books and diet methods, then you need to take a look at yourselves in the mirror

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I sat around on my ass and lost nearly as much fat as you currently weight.

Where's your evidence for this claim?

How do you know how much of your weight loss was fat loss and how much was muscle loss?

If you think 100% of your weight loss was fat, then you clearly don't know half as much as you think you do

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Basically only intaking 700 calories a day 5 or 6 days a week.

Let me clarify:

Are you attributing your results to the fasting and not the fact you were eating less than a six year old girl, 5-6 days a week?

Let's assume your TDEE is 2000 calories (you drive to work, sit at a desk, drive home, sit on sofa and watch TV) (in all likelihood your TDEE is higher)

So your total energy deficit is -1300 calories.

-3500 to lose 1lb a week.

By day 3 you're down -3900 calories and have already lost 1lb. By Day 6 you're down -7800 calories and have lost 2 lbs.

Day 7 you eat a pizza, so let's say that's worth 2000 calories. Plus whatever else you eat that day, let's say Day 7 = +2700 calories intake minus 2000 calorie TDEE, you finish the day 700 calories up.

By day 3 of week 2, you're now down -3200 calories and are close to losing another lb.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never said I fasted. I drank a slimfast shake instead of having a meal 3 times a day for most days with a decent sized piece of bread w/no butter with the final shake before bed. Bakery bread, not sliced bread... so it was relatively filling. Maybe one night I would have some low calorie chicken or something, but that was about it. The 7th day I would eat like a pig. I stuck to that and lost ~28lb in about 50 days I'd say.

Like I said, the first 3 days were rough. But after around day 8 my body had gotten completely used to it and I wasn't overly hungry all the time. I'm not a huge guy, about 5'7 125lb.