Weight Loss Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's not superior.

The magical pink Himalayan salt is superior, duh.
i've been doing a bit more of salt researching, my next batch of pink salt will come from sengalese, mined by this man with the body of a nubian god.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Go on, explain to me how "a pinch of sea salt" helps you ride faster/longer.

Yeah I laughed hard at that too. The body's ability to generate glucose in a fasted state just can't keep up with the burn rate during long distance activities. Distance athletes have to constantly replenish nutrition while participating. I do cycling to try to stay in decent shape for my age, and I do not race, so I tend to not consume a lot of calories on the ride because I want the net loss. But I sometimes will do an energy gel packet halfway through a 40 mile ride depending on how hard I'm going, and my water bottles have a flavored electrolyte tablet with 15-40 calories in it. If I go on longer (60+ mile) rides I will bring multiple gels, energy waffles, or stop for a snickers at a convenience store halfway through.

I did 42 miles this morning, lots of wind, took 2 hours 20 minutes, it's not a remotely impressive time or anything, just a simple ride, my accurate calorie burn based on kJ of work was right at 1500. Slept well night before, for breakfast had coffee with a shitload of calorie rich mocha peppermint creamer. Wish I had gone longer but have work tonight.

I do a lot of back / country roads, and there are these magical times when I'm literally the only person around for a mile in any direction, and it's just so beautiful and enjoyable. It's me, my bike, the wind, and the sun. It made me feel bad for people like Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre who don't do any physical activity and just fast constantly.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Lost 20 lbs on low carb over the last few months.

Little exercise. Some strength training, almost no cardio. Some walking.

I feel amazing now compared to where I was. Every once in a while I eat garbage and now it makes me feel so bad that I don't enjoy it even though my mind tells me I should miss it.
I look forward to the low carb meals now and enjoy them more.

I am doing mostly 1 meal a day with a protein shake supplement. I was worried about losing too much muscle while I intermittent fasted.

The key is routine and it's more difficult than it sounds because of life. Once your body gets used to food at certain times it always wants that. Its hard to break but easy to maintain.

Just a quick update on me.
30 lbs lost. Hit my body fat goals and I am happy with my weight.

I gave up the protein supplement and found it easier to do omad when I kept it consistent. Going off cycle for even one day made the cravings come back.

Now curious how far I can take the body fat or if I start a gain cycle. I'd like more muscle mass.

Almonds are awesome snacks as someone else mentioned, esp the new flavors from blue diamond. I like the wasabi soy. One bag lasts me weeks and keeps cravings down.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hit 265 two months back. Started walking during lunch break instead of sitting in breakroom eating donuts. For lunch, Slim Fast. For breakfast, banana handful of walnuts, cashews, and almonds. For dinner whatever the fuck I wanted. Last two weeks, replaced dinner with veggies, salmon, etc.

This morning I clocked in at 233

• 10Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 10 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I hit 265 two months back. Started walking during lunch break instead of sitting in breakroom eating donuts. For lunch, Slim Fast. For breakfast, banana handful of walnuts, cashews, and almonds. For dinner whatever the fuck I wanted. Last two weeks, replaced dinner with veggies, salmon, etc.

This morning I clocked in at 233

Dude. Good work!

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Given the price of Primal Kitchen stuff outside of Sam's and Costco, it would probably save you money if you eat enough.

Also, you get access to $5 rotisserie chickens that are perfect for a meat/skin dinner then throwing the carcass in a pressure cooker and making bone broth for the cost of water, seasoning, and some time.
Tell me more, I have an instant pot i need to use more.

Thread at large

Up like 15 lbs over last 8 months. I need to push myself to get back into better physical routine, but I mainly need to transition back to finding a diet that's more suited to me being back at a sedentary job. I've told my wife i want to stop eating dinner with her as her pickiness usually means bad shit.
Fortunately I'm not letting myself get far gone like when I hit like 225 or so several years ago. Currently 6'1 205lb skinny fat and everything hurts at ripe age of 35. (My crutch is crying about my herniated disk that i had surgery for and gets awful achy at times. )

I apologize not rereading a 100 pages, but I'm still fascinated by idea of keto. Not sure i could stick to the intermittent fasting, I get hella nauseous when I'm fairly hungry, so I'd rather something where I can do some almond or something to subside the acid.

Any simplified clear guides more recently as far as getting on it and cycling or doing whatever so I don't mess myself up?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Thread at large

Up like 15 lbs over last 8 months. I need to push myself to get back into better physical routine, but I mainly need to transition back to finding a diet that's more suited to me being back at a sedentary job. I've told my wife i want to stop eating dinner with her as her pickiness usually means bad shit.
Fortunately I'm not letting myself get far gone like when I hit like 225 or so several years ago. Currently 6'1 205lb skinny fat and everything hurts at ripe age of 35. (My crutch is crying about my herniated disk that i had surgery for and gets awful achy at times. )

I apologize not rereading a 100 pages, but I'm still fascinated by idea of keto. Not sure i could stick to the intermittent fasting, I get hella nauseous when I'm fairly hungry, so I'd rather something where I can do some almond or something to subside the acid.

Any simplified clear guides more recently as far as getting on it and cycling or doing whatever so I don't mess myself up?
just put the chicken carcass in a full 5qt (max fill line) instapot and set high pressure 4hrs and you get chicken bone broth.

if you feel this is too "weak" add another chicken carcass, just freeze your previous nights chicken carcass and use when ready

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
just put the chicken carcass in a full 5qt (max fill line) instapot and set high pressure 4hrs and you get chicken bone broth.

if you feel this is too "weak" add another chicken carcass, just freeze your previous nights chicken carcass and use when ready
I like to throw a chicken carcass into whatever chicken based soup I’m making. Delicious but it sucks to have to keep an eye out for a hundred tiny bones

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Did this today.

Bought a $4.99 rotisserie chicken from Sam's/Costco. Break it down by hand, eating the skin and enough meat for a full meal. It takes less than you think since there is so much delicious fat all over the skin and on the meat as you break it down. The meat gets separated dark and white while anything leftover goes in the pot, including the bits and juice at the bottom of the carton.

PXL_20210610_210200867.jpg

Add whatever aromatics you have on hand.

PXL_20210610_210759895.jpg

Then fill the pot to the 4 quart line, cook on high pressure for 2 hours and let release naturally for an hour.

For this one, after eating a meal during the break down, I ended up with 1.5 lbs of meat along with the 4 quarts of bone broth.

PXL_20210611_005721678.jpg

All for 5 bucks, less than a dollar of aromatics, and the to me to strain and clean dishes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did this today.

Bought a $4.99 rotisserie chicken from Sam's/Costco. Break it down by hand, eating the skin and enough meat for a full meal. It takes less than you think since there is so much delicious fat all over the skin and on the meat as you break it down. The meat gets separated dark and white while anything leftover goes in the pot, including the bits and juice at the bottom of the carton.

View attachment 357903

Add whatever aromatics you have on hand.

View attachment 357904

Then fill the pot to the 4 quart line, cook on high pressure for 2 hours and let release naturally for an hour.

For this one, after eating a meal during the break down, I ended up with 1.5 lbs of meat along with the 4 quarts of bone broth.

View attachment 357905

All for 5 bucks, less than a dollar of aromatics, and the to me to strain and clean dishes.

Stock not broth. But whatever nice work anyways.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Man, I broke 200 for the first time in my life. At 5'9 it means I'm obese I guess. Fuuuuu.
I started running earlier this year, but I am very inconsistent with it. Damn it.
Getting old and fat sucks.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I broke 200 for the first time in my life. At 5'9 it means I'm obese I guess. Fuuuuu.
I started running earlier this year, but I am very inconsistent with it. Damn it.
Getting old and fat sucks.

Around 2007 I hit 200 at 5'9" . I weighed 149 this morning, been living healthy for a long time now but just want to say it's well worth the work I feel so much better now 14yrs later than I did then. I feel younger, more energy , less aches and pains. Extra weight like that really takes an aging toll on you, you aren't old you're overweight. You can't fix your age but you can change your weight.

Add a cod piece and this could be you \/

download.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Since moving north I had to drop CrossFit. that also made me gain a lot weight as I was used to eat as if I were doing those awesome kipping pullups.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Looking for one of those smart weight scales that can sync with an app. Suggestions? People seem to shit all over the Fitbit one

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Looking for one of those smart weight scales that can sync with an app. Suggestions? People seem to shit all over the Fitbit one
I use RENPHO can get on Amazon has worked great. Strongly positive reviews

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Withings. Black. Reflection of my balls while it calcs my bmi, water, fatty and bonedensity is priceless.

• 1Like