Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Here in the UK kids normally get chicken pox at a very young age, parents will deliberately put their kids in contact with other kids to make sure they get it. The reason is because the older you are when you catch it, the more serious it is.

I had it when I was 14 and it was literally one of the worst weeks of my life. I didn't scratch the spots but I still have scars on my chest.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Here in the UK kids normally get chicken pox at a very young age, parents will deliberately put their kids in contact with other kids to make sure they get it. The reason is because the older you are when you catch it, the more serious it is.

I had it when I was 14 and it was literally one of the worst weeks of my life. I didn't scratch the spots but I still have scars on my chest.
Parents used to do this in the States, as well. My did, at least. Nowadays parents are pussies, though.

calla_sl

shitlord
katie couric's got a documentary coming out today on the evils of sugar

in other news, my keto diet is going pretty well. this morning my scale read 245.6 which is awesome considering in the last couple of weeks, i've felt pretty satiated after eating a ton of food.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
How much weight did people lose before they were able to move comfortably down in jean/pant size?

I started last November to support my wifes weight loss. At 6'1", 246lbs., I've lost 35 pounds over the last 6 months (and am now at 210lbs), which seemed pretty good over all. I finally submitted to my wifes pestering about getting some better fitting jeans last weekend. I figured the size 40's I was wearling should easily go down to 38's or 36's. I wasn't only wrong, I was way wrong. Couldn't come close to 36's. And although I was able to button up the 38's it was not comfortable in the least. So how much more do I have to lose?

McCheese

How much weight did people lose before they were able to move comfortably down in jean/pant size?

I started last November to support my wifes weight loss. At 6'1", 246lbs., I've lost 35 pounds over the last 6 months (and am now at 210lbs), which seemed pretty good over all. I finally submitted to my wifes pestering about getting some better fitting jeans last weekend. I figured the size 40's I was wearling should easily go down to 38's or 36's. I wasn't only wrong, I was way wrong. Couldn't come close to 36's. And although I was able to button up the 38's it was not comfortable in the least. So how much more do I have to lose?
It's impossible to answer that question. It depends on your body type: particularly, where the weight is stored and where the weight comes off first. It sounds like you carry most of your weight in your midsection, and for a huge number of people that seems to be the last place weight vanishes. Keep going, and you'll get there eventually.

I feel your pain of being in that "in between" stage, where you look baggy in your old clothes but new clothes are too tight. Just gotta power through it!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm surprised you can't fit into 36's at 210. I am 225 and comfortably fit in 36's and sometimes 34's.

It's either the brand or you got severe muffin top syndrome

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm surprised you can't fit into 36's at 210. I am 225 and comfortably fit in 36's and sometimes 34's.

It's either the brand or you got severe muffin top syndrome
biggrin.png
Almost made me spit my tea on the screen.

Just regular 505 Levi's. Those are pretty much my standard go-to jeans. It was a pretty good kick to what little ego I have, that's for sure. I could call my body a lot of different things, but muffin top isn't really one that comes to mind. Maybe I just have blinders on though and I really am. How depressing....time to visit that other thread....

McCheese

biggrin.png
Almost made me spit my tea on the screen.

Just regular 505 Levi's. Those are pretty much my standard go-to jeans. It was a pretty good kick to what little ego I have, that's for sure. I could call my body a lot of different things, but muffin top isn't really one that comes to mind. Maybe I just have blinders on though and I really am. How depressing....time to visit that other thread....
You might have to change your standard go-to jeans. Experiment with different brands, styles, etc. In my experience, Levi's are always tighter than other brands for some reason.

calla_sl

shitlord
i wear ae jeans that are a size 38 waist and they're a bit loose. jeans have a shit ton of different cuts that will affect the fit even if the sizes are the same

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just got fit for a tux for a wedding I'm in next weekend. When I started that crazy experiment in December I was a 42 regular jacket size, 16.5" neck, 37" waist (true 37" waist at a tailor, I was a size 34 jean from most retailers).

Right now I am a 38 regular, 15" neck, 31" waist. Serious business.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So I broke down and started using the loseit app. Fuck, if I shouldn't have started with it earlier. So much easier keeping my budget.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the difference between Lose It and other apps such as My Fitness Pal?
Lose it has a better interface, I started using it 3 days ago, I like it, and will continue using it till I reach my goal weight of 175. As far as jeans, I wore size 38 jeans at 245, but they were tight, and I wore them on my hips, at 200 I can fit into 36 comfortably, but I just use a tighter belt. My hips haven't changed much. I don't carry weight on them.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I'm down to about 13% bodyfat, good definition in abdominal area.

The key to losing the last couple pounds of fat was the realization I'd rather do an hour of cardio a day then give up the last few things I enjoy to eat that really aren't very healthy.

I work so hard to be lazy.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm down to about 13% bodyfat, good definition in abdominal area.

The key to losing the last couple pounds of fat was the realization I'd rather do an hour of cardio a day then give up the last few things I enjoy to eat that really aren't very healthy.

I work so hard to be lazy.
Yeah, I started playing 7 a side football/soccer again recently...definitely feel like it's been easier for the weight to come down since I've been playing

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Started Keto yesterday, hasn't been too bad so far. Biggest issue I had was finding certain items notated as 0 sugar and 0 carbs actually having carbs and sugars on the nutrition label while in the store, like broccoli and almonds.

Should I worry about those 1g of sugar and carbs or is it so minimal that it won't change the outcome of trying to get into Ketosis?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every gram of carbs counts (outside of fiber and sugar alcohol), and sugars are especially important to monitor.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Started Keto yesterday, hasn't been too bad so far. Biggest issue I had was finding certain items notated as 0 sugar and 0 carbs actually having carbs and sugars on the nutrition label while in the store, like broccoli and almonds.

Should I worry about those 1g of sugar and carbs or is it so minimal that it won't change the outcome of trying to get into Ketosis?
It depends on your personal carb tolerance. Some people will get kicked out of keto eating more than 20g carbs per day. Others can stay in keto eating between 50g and 100g carbs per day.

There is no set number because it depends on your gene expression. For best results, aim for at least 60 days of as few carbs as you can manage to put yourself in ketosis, then adjust carb intake as needed after that.

This is a good read if you're interested in keto adaptation.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Every gram of carbs counts (outside of fiber and sugar alcohol), and sugars are especially important to monitor.
Broccoli isn't going to kick you out of ketosis - in fact, any green, leafy veg is going to be absolutely fine to eat. There's 7g of carbs per 100g of broccoli, and 2.5g of that is fiber. So you subtract 2.5 from 7 and you're left with 4.5g of carbs.

Almonds, 22g carbs per 100g and 12g of that is fiber = 10g of carbs. Considering that 100g of almonds is 576 calories and you're trying to lose weight, then you shouldn't be eating more than a small handful (25g of almonds or under) anyway. So you can see the net carbs from 25g of almonds is going to be negligible