Westworld

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I just finished this. And I'm on page 82 of 102 in this thread, fuck.

Great end, all the way around.

Ford lives, or Elsie does. #OneHumanToRuleThemAll

Fantastic season finale, that would've left us all satisfied. 2018 is gonna rock!jpg

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah, I definitely thought they could've done a lot more with killing off the security in the park. Like, Maeve can pretty much do anything at that point, so how about if instead of just recoding two hosts, she reprograms 200 or so and they just overwhelm the guards? Would've made it much more believable. I really loved the show, but it was almost like they were getting bored by the end and just phoned it in. A couple of touchups to the script and it could've been one of the greatest TV shows ever.

That definitely would have worked better but as I brought up a couple pages ago her whole escape scene was scripted and in such a way as to be remarkably similar to the daily safe heist in Sweetwater which may point to some kind of reveal later down the road or maybe not. Anyway it doesn't make up for the lack of proper development regarding her scenes but it's kind of fun to think about.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
All the talk of the 'mainland' makes you wonder what/where the park really is. Some kind of island? Planet? Just seems like a weird terminology for something just tucked away in the American Southwest or something.

Well, the show is all over with its tech, its 2052, I'd want to say probably not space? But given they had flesh encoding handheld computers (When he repaired the one guys neck) and the hosts themselves? Some of the tech is so advanced its ridiculous. So space could be a god bet.

Honestly though, if this is legit and not just a really intricate story--the biggest issue next season is how and why humanity doesn't just roll in there and rape them. I mean, given the level of tech in the hosts, exoskeleton heavy armor and advanced bi-pedal VR drones (They had VR, the one dude used it) should be absolutely no problem. Hell, even with our current tech I couldn't see it taking more than a few days to level that whole fucking park. It doesn't seem like they were keeping hostages, but that's really the only way its believable that the entire thing isn't dust by the end of the work day.

The hosts were shocked by automatic weapons--just think of how insignificant those weapons are compared to vehicle based weapons TODAY. Imagine vehicle based weapons with smart bullets, and whatever crazy shit they should have. What are those leet killers gonna do when a fucking A10 rolls on by and shits all over their brain box?

spronk

FPS noob
I was really disappointed that there were no airlocks that instantly disintegrate hosts if they try to pass through, kept expecting that to happen as maeve & co just freely wandered around the complex

Caliane

I was really disappointed that there were no airlocks that instantly disintegrate hosts if they try to pass through, kept expecting that to happen as maeve & co just freely wandered around the complex
seriously.
If getting a robot out was that easy, there would have been some industrial espionage decades ago, smuggling out the tech. Alot of it could be explained by Ford shutting down tracking systems, detection, opening doors/gates, misdirecting security etc. But they didn't show that at all.

I mean, it would have easily been show as the security relying on GPS tracking in the robots. but, then having their system been compromised by Ford, and displaying their positions in incorrect locations, resulting in the robots getting the drop on unsuspecting security.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
seriously.
If getting a robot out was that easy, there would have been some industrial espionage decades ago, smuggling out the tech. Alot of it could be explained by Ford shutting down tracking systems, detection, opening doors/gates, misdirecting security etc. But they didn't show that at all.

I mean, it would have easily been show as the security relying on GPS tracking in the robots. but, then having their system been compromised by Ford, and displaying their positions in incorrect locations, resulting in the robots getting the drop on unsuspecting security.

How about, and I'm just spitballing here, when Sylvester rebuilt the hosts, he didn't put those things in them.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All the talk of the 'mainland' makes you wonder what/where the park really is. Some kind of island? Planet? Just seems like a weird terminology for something just tucked away in the American Southwest or something.

They referred to "orbital launch systems" in one of the early episodes. This shit ain't taking place on earth

Arative

Vyemm Raider
How about, and I'm just spitballing here, when Sylvester rebuilt the hosts, he didn't put those things in them.

I figured that was why she burned herself and they outlaw to death. To require a complete rebuild.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Won't Samurai World just be the show Into the Badlands with tits?
I mean I'm down with that.

• 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
I figured that was why she burned herself and they outlaw to death. To require a complete rebuild.

The rebuild scene shows Felix deliberately misplacing the explosive that is installed in their spinal column. He re-arranges the pieces and double checks before dunking them in the mixture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah this was a great scene and it really got me hooked on the show. too bad the show devolved into an illogical, convoluted mess by mid season.

Decent show but I agree.

Still Ed Harris was great.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a Mainland Infiltration narrative and she broke from that to go find her daughter. Was that her inner voice speaking to her(ie: her becoming conscious) that allowed her to get off the train? Or does the cornerstone memory override the narrative functions?

The creators said explicitly when she chose to get off the train she went off script. Apparently all shots when the hosts were following their program was using a steady cam and the ones where they are off script is shot by a hand held cam. So there are a couple places for dolores and the very end with maeve where you see they have become "unmoored" and off script and acting on their own will.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm still going with the theory that they're all hosts and this is host Purgatory.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't understand why Tessa Thompson is so bad in this show as Charlotte. She was pretty good in Creed. Did they just write her character that way? It's so jarring whenever she's on screen because everyone else is doing a really good job

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
so, if the maze was meant for the hosts why was that shit tattooed on the inside of that one host's scalp?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so, if the maze was meant for the hosts why was that shit tattooed on the inside of that one host's scalp?

how did i forget about that? lordy... my GUESS is that ford was handcrafting some stuff specifically for MiB to explore and bring to light. the maze itself wasn't meant for him, but he needed to start breaking things in order to spark delores' journey. there's no way he was going to be another willing piece of ford's narrative so ford had to create this elaborate goose chase. i think? i don't know.

• 1Like