Westworld

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Trollface would just rape children 24/7 in West World, and somehow be turned down by the whorebots.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
his rind isn't fresh

i wonder when sexbots become real if people will get friendzoned by them

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Just finished the show. Binged it in 2 sessions about a week apart, I know I'm late to the party but really cbf watching shit a week at a time these days.

Enjoyed the fuck out of it, it lagged a bit towards the end, and the writing could definitely have been tighter, but they made up for it with the exceptional acting/effects/visuals. They did a great job of exploring some really interesting themes, although I found the AI stuff a little less interesting than the whole moral self-discovery aspect. Maybe because the AI stuff has been done so much before, but I did really find myself thinking about what people would actually do if they were able to go somewhere like that, and what effect that would have on them when they came back out.

Two things were bugging me at the end - firstly, did they ever explain the corporate espionage stuff Theresa was involved in? And secondly, who programmed Maeve to undertake her escape if she wasn't manifesting consciousness/free will?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the show. Binged it in 2 sessions about a week apart, I know I'm late to the party but really cbf watching shit a week at a time these days.

Enjoyed the fuck out of it, it lagged a bit towards the end, and the writing could definitely have been tighter, but they made up for it with the exceptional acting/effects/visuals. They did a great job of exploring some really interesting themes, although I found the AI stuff a little less interesting than the whole moral self-discovery aspect. Maybe because the AI stuff has been done so much before, but I did really find myself thinking about what people would actually do if they were able to go somewhere like that, and what effect that would have on them when they came back out.

Two things were bugging me at the end - firstly, did they ever explain the corporate espionage stuff Theresa was involved in? And secondly, who programmed Maeve to undertake her escape if she wasn't manifesting consciousness/free will?

I am assuming Ford programmed her to distract the security from cold storage emptying out. And as to the corporate stuff, I guess this will be part of the subject matter in the following seasons.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Eh? Theresa was just trying to back up the data for the company so they could fire Ford. Nobody was stealing anything.

As it turned out, Ford delivered exactly what their majority shareholder wanted.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah back up the data because Ford would nuke that shit. But what is the data for exactly?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Er you answered your own question? The board member chick implied that the park was a joke to them compared to what they could do once Ford was out of way. So, take your pick - Blade Runner, Surrogates, Soldier, whatever. The money train is endless once Ford loses control of the IP.

There was nobody around who knew Arnold.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm just saying, dude is a baller robotics/coding genius who created the park along with Ford, people should recognize him. I don't know Steve Wozniak but if he walked in the room Ima be like "Holy shit that's Woz".

This is the most important takeaway from the show and should be focused on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just saying, dude is a baller robotics/coding genius who created the park along with Ford, people should recognize him. I don't know Steve Wozniak but if he walked in the room Ima be like "Holy shit that's Woz".

This is the most important takeaway from the show and should be focused on.

Imagine if Woz was a recluse whose death was covered up by Steve Jobs. How would you recognize him then?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People didn't recognize Tom Cruise when he went and delivered packages in preparation for some film. People didn't recognize what's his face from Superman when he was doing a thing in Times Square. A huge part of our sensory experience is context based. Hell, there's a famous example involving Elvis -

Elvis' popularity faded in the 1960's with the rise of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and others. He successfully relaunched his career with a 1968 television special that came about because Elvis had walked down a busy Los Angeles street and had no one recognize or approach him.

He was being a cunt to the producer so to cool his jets some he had Elvis go outside to demonstrate to Elvis that he wasn't as famous as he thought he was. Now, if there had been an announcement on the radio that Elvis was going to be at X location at Y time it would have been a riot but without any context no one cared. At best some people thought it was an impersonator.

So that's the practical part of people not recognizing Arnold. People don't recognize shit all the time.

In the Count of Monte Cristo the main character gets fucked over by the whole world and when he comes back for revenge no one recognizes him. It's was some part of French literature of the time. Thematic metaphoric stuff. That kind of wank. Maybe the writers had some kind of idea about the significance that didn't fully translate.

Also maybe it's just a not super well thought out part of the story that was just kinda put that way to have a twist later. There's no actual reason for Ford to make an exact copy of his friend in the physical unless he thought being a middle-aged balding pudgy black dude with glasses was core to his being. He could have been darker, lighter, Chinese, green, whatever. I didn't spend much time on why no one recognized Arnold as Bernard because the story didn't.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I just binge watched this over the last few days and read through this thread as well. Great show, half shitty thread.

As to the above, about no one recognizing Arnold, it's been brought up multiple times and I don't understand everyone's confusion. Everyone knows Bill Gates, but very few people instantly recognizes all the other people that started Microsoft with him. Sure, we know Balmer, but that's about it. Now, imagine one of them died 35 years ago, before the company even got big. NOW how many of you would even know their name?

Ok, so why didn't any other employees recognize him? There was a handful, maybe 10-20, in the beginning and Arnold kept to himself. Sure, those 10-20 knew him, but then there was an incident, the park looked to be in trouble, Ford let everyone go and fixed things himself along with William/MIB's funding. He probably replaced many (all) of the employees with hosts to save costs and retain total control, but that's getting into my own personal speculations. At the very least, he replaced all the employees at the time with new people.

The thing that I haven't seen people discuss much in this thread, is that whenever Scarlet talks about what the board wants.. she specifically says they don't give a shit about the hosts, it's the IP (intellectual property) they are interested in. We are meant to believe she means the ability to make hosts, so she doesn't care about the current hosts, but this seems inconsistent, imo. If you HAD the physical hosts and 3d printers that make them, you already know how to make them then. There's some other info that is important to them and they hint at some research project, that most think means transferring consciousnesses or something. Based on what we know so far, this seems totally possible, but I'm thinking there's a little more to it then just that.

Also, in re: to Ford's actions. He originally disagreed with Arnold, he's since changed his mind BUT he realized that if he just forcibly gives all his hosts consciousness, the outside world would crush the rebellion and wipe their memories. They have to suffer for the change to be permanent, such as Delores now. Remembering is part of it, but they need a crisis to catalyze the change permanently. He's created a rebellion inside the park so that they will go to war and create suffering, which will speed up the awakening for the rest of the park.

I'm currently leaning towards the idea that a lot of 'humans', both employees and guests, are already hosts. We all knew at least one was going to be from the start. They've made a point of saying that they can make hosts 'register' as humans and be indistinguishable for most purposes. There might be some twist involving the 'real world' later, where it's ALSO a park (futureworld) and westworld/samuraiworld are 'parks within parks'. Similar to the tomorrowland/frontierland analogy of disney world, except the people living in that world think they are humans when they are hosts, and the 'real' real world is another step out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just got through binge watching this after so many people said how great it was. Holy shit why are people so enamored with this dogshit. Fucking Ghost in a Shell Stand Alone Complex with it's laughing man nonsense was was less pretentious and convoluted that this show. The actors were decent, the style and scenes were solid enough you could tell HBO put money in this. So why did they completely skimp on the script. They tried to jam 40 storylines and 8000 characters into a few episodes and in the end you don't give a fuck about any of them. I really enjoyed with when who it's whats her cunt and faggot whats his name did things, literally I don't think there was a memorable scene in the season. You had no time to develop emotion or care about any of the characters.. Eat shit HBO you had the budget, you had the actors, you had an awesome premise to go on and you let J.J. fucking I use beastie boys music to blow up spaceships faggot hack Abrams and whatever fresh out of starbucks wanna be writer shit on it.

What could of been Bladerunner meets Deadwood ended up as a fucking sharknado of failure, this show belongs in the garbage with other "The CW" level failures.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got through binge watching this after so many people said how great it was. Holy shit why are people so enamored with this dogshit. Fucking Ghost in a Shell Stand Alone Complex with it's laughing man nonsense was was less pretentious and convoluted that this show. The actors were decent, the style and scenes were solid enough you could tell HBO put money in this. So why did they completely skimp on the script. They tried to jam 40 storylines and 8000 characters into a few episodes and in the end you don't give a fuck about any of them. I really enjoyed with when who it's whats her cunt and faggot whats his name did things, literally I don't think there was a memorable scene in the season. You had no time to develop emotion or care about any of the characters.. Eat shit HBO you had the budget, you had the actors, you had an awesome premise to go on and you let J.J. fucking I use beastie boys music to blow up spaceships faggot hack Abrams and whatever fresh out of starbucks wanna be writer shit on it.

What could of been Bladerunner meets Deadwood ended up as a fucking sharknado of failure, this show belongs in the garbage with other "The CW" level failures.
Anime faggot.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum

Ed Harris, Hopkins and Arnold host carried the show for me. Especially Arnold host was fun to watch act.