Westworld

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Bernard and Dolores made it back to the island.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That’s next season. A drunk unshaven Bernard pleads with Dolores. We gotta go back!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
That was... disappointing. You know somethings gone off the rails when the only interesting part of your season finale is the last 30 seconds, and I don't know what it even means beyond the obvious "the world is now controlled by androids, the world sucks, they need William for something so they have been testing his fidelity using season 2". Yup, showrunner pretty much confirms it
'Westworld' Creator on Season 3: "It's Going to be a Whole New World"
https://www.thewrap.com/westworld-season-2-finale-questions-dolores-bernard-hale-lisa-joy/

I'm glad at least Teddie and Akechate get to live in the Matrix

Ya....the last part here. Teddie making it plus Akechate with his woman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Fuck this show and it’s shitty time lines that do nothing but confuse everyone. Season 1 and they should have just left it at that. What the fuck was that 90 minutes I just watched. I don’t think I could explain this season to someone.
Look on the bright side. You can tell someone every single thing that happens in Westworld and not spoil a thing.

• 3Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It’s been explored ad naseum. Dune’s Machines/Bene Tleilax are by far my favorite. Even the first Star Trek movie covered it.

Humans don’t think about “...and then what?” Machines do. The idea that machines would wipe out Humanity just because it was something to do next is ridiculous and 50s tv sci fi. Matrix covered what happens there if you paid attention to the deus ex baby at the end. I’m sure JJs proxies will have another excellent obfuscation mindfuck with a little Gnostism thrown in to entertain you before the next cliffhanger. But I’m done. I’ll catch season 3 in one run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... I don't know how to feel about the finale, but I can confidently say it didn't leave me feeling good about season 3. And then the post credits scene. Wtf? I learned my lesson with Lost. Quit while you're ahead. I'll let someone else tell me if season 3 is worth watching after it's done.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well I'm kind of drunk but my initial reaction is that's about one of the most retarded fucking season finales I've ever seen.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
ETA on someone splicing all the timelines together so we can watch a show progress chronologically? Fucking A

Oh look, everything that everyone predicted came true.

I'm glad I watched that last episode though, I thought I'd at least waste some time on season 3 but now it's more like...west what?

Fuck me...

The Scene where Chick was on the White horse was pretty amazing illiteration given this season so far...then we get 1/2 way thru the episode and someone flat out says what image is supposed to be...CONGRATS WRITERS YOU JUST PROVED THAT YOU BELIEVE ALL YOUR VIEWERS ARE MORONS SINCE YOU SPELLED OUT THE GOD DAMN IMAGERY YOU USED PREVIOUSLY.

So many "time jumps" at the end it was basically like, "FUCK HOW DO WE END SHOW?!?! OH RETCON THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING!"

YES, we all get it, you all LOVE time jumps...but that was a season 1 gimmick and here we are in season 2...where you use a second gimmick.

Never thought I'd be so pissed at a show sucking dick SO fucking hard.

At least the Expanse is a good show because I need to wash my brain out after this shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok i give up, westworld s2, is basically an anime filler arc.

s3 starts off w/ Dolores killing ford again.

• 2Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That reminded me a lot of the third The Matrix movie. In a really bad way.
Ive never wanted a show I’ve been watching to get cancelled more in my life.

I work in QA, so appreciated how QA was portrayed "bunch of people that have to go clean up and get shit on anyway". Show could have used QA'ing before release.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't help myself and started watching this (all the scenes of Ford in Westworld in chronological order from season 1):

There was so much promise, and it was all squandered :(

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
the true protagonist of this show will emerge in season 3, where they will venture to Bird World

au9hI4g.jpg

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ForgeLogan said there are some irredeemable, looking at MiB.
In two seasons, what has MiB or William done that is seemingly irredeemable?
His profile sent his wife to suicide and made his close daughter cut all ties.

how does ashley of all ppl know HaleDolores, is a robot?

Why is there another end of season shootout, to conveniently take out hector and armistic?

Why are slyvester and felix and sizemore sooo in love with maeve?

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck was the finale disappointing. Fucking tedious. I’m over Dolores and all the quasi-SJW undertones too. Come on HBO, let’s not shit this show up.

It had some high points but overall this season did not have the magic of the first.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was clear. Clear and very, very stupid.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know how some of y'all are still confused about the timelines (outside of the after-credit scene).

Arnold creates Dolores, suicides by host.
Dolores and Ford create Bernard in the Cradle.
In Bernard's years he visits the Forge many times to create Eden.
S1 happens.
Dolores goes on a rampage, wiping out the Cradle.
Everyone heads to the Forge.
Dolores deletes most (not all) of the guest data in The Forge.
Hosts begin uploading to Eden.
Dolores is shot/keystone is hidden in her.
Valley floods.
Charlotte shoots Elsie (worst part of the entire series), Bernard replaces her with Delores-in-Hale.
Bernard scrambles his memory.
Data extraction team arrives, find all host bodies in flooded Valley brainless.
Discover Bernard is a host.
Human team arrives at Valley, Dolores-in-Hale is revealed.
All of the Host data is beamed away.
Dolores-in-Hale shoots Bernard to pluck out his brain, smuggles him and others to the real world.
Ford set up Arnold's house as a base for the hosts, Dolores uses it to recreate bodies for herself, Bernard, and whomever is in Hale now (maybe Teddy?)

As for William, I think he went down to the Forge and Downloaded his and his daughter's data. He recreates her, and she later in the future recreates him. (after-credits)

• 3Like