Westworld

Caliane

Yeah... so...

Dolores is full on Terminator with the goal of Skynet but purposely recreates Bernard so that he is a foil to her genocidal plans. On the premise that between the two of them Hosts will somehow survive whatever.

Dolores beams the Host World MMO into Deep Space or something where nobody will go looking for it. The Indian and Maeve/Daughter actually get resolution of their arcs in a somewhat meaningful way.

The after credits scene didn't help anything. It just created more confusion.
Litterally the Matrix. Dolores is the Architect, Bernard is the Oracle.

Also, that was not the Daughter in the after credits scene. She called him William. and, the daughter barely knew her father. Dolores knew the MiB best. it was Dolores wearing the daughters body.

and yeah, I wont bother with s3. This shit has gotten stupid. The show runners seem to think this is some kindof space opera or something, and we care about any of these shit characters. but we don't. we want the interesting sci-fi themes. but, they are fucking them up so badly.

s3 will probably touch on copies of people/hosts. its one of the nonsense retcons in s2. again, s1 made it clear host bodies are tied to their identity. when given new roles it was the same host. their memories of multiple lives... s2 totally undoes that. dolores dies and is copied into Hale body. wtf is the point of moving hosts physically from role to role, if they are just programs? Teddy is copied, with his copy being put into Eden. Every host has a digital copy in the forge, etc. And of course the fidelity thing, being copy after copy after copy.

This makes no sense from s1 to 2. however, now its a thing. Whats stopping Dolores from being hin her body, AND also a copy of herself in Hale's body. and another copy of herself, in MiB daughters body, etc, etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man I really don't even want to give this show the benefit of trying to figure the time jumps out, it'll be such a fucking waste of my time...here goes...

So, MiB existed ONLY for the OG takeover - but in the OG takeover MiB wasn't there?

We had a series where:
  • MiB is with Delores going to the "Eden" location
  • Arrives and finds Bernard there
  • Shoots Delores and Blows his fingers off
  • Watches Delores and Bernard descend
  • Bernard kills Delores and hides the key in her
  • Descends "at the same time" as Bernard is waiting to Ascend (ALTERNATE TIMELINE?)
  • Door opens at the bottom MiB is not there
Continuity states that Delores was shot by MiB before she entered the "Eden" chamber, the blood remained on her outfit inside the chamber. So MiB WAS above ground before that point and Bernard was destined to meet him on the elevator UNLESS MiB getting on the elevator wasn't in the OG takeover and MiB simply shot Delores and then died / was taken away.

After credits scene:
  • MiB exits the lift that we saw him enter originally
  • Time has clearly moved on Decades / Centuries?
  • MiB's skin daughter approaches
  • MiB is a HOST at this point in time! le gasp!
So, unless i missed something, ultimately we don't know what happened to non-host MiB.

This is just one instance of oddness.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah we're not made aware of what happened to the MiB between shooting Delores, how he ends up on the bench and how he's now a human host in the far(?) future.

Just like how Delores/Bernard were physically visiting places and having past memories occur at the same time, he descends into the forge thinking it was right after he shot off his fingers, but then arrives to be interviewed for fidelity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They show you what happens to OG MiB; he is rescued and placed on the beach for evacuation. It isn’t spelled out, but what most likely occurred was everything we saw of him up to and including blowing his hand off was the real MiB. Getting up and going to the elevator is the MiB copy finishing his fidelity test run. Real MiB probably laid there until he was found.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
The simplest explanation is that everything we saw in season 2 happened, MIB gets his hand shot off (lol) and passes out, is rescued by the spec ops team as we saw.

In a far, far future Dolores has virtualized MiB and runs essentially season 1 & 2 in a virtual sim to get to 100% fidelity with him, comparing her version and his decisions with what actually happened. Thats not his daughter at the end he is talking to, thats Dolores. The hint is that she keeps calling him William. His daughter wouldn't do that. So the sim differs from reality in that he wakes up after getting shot, descends down into a future virtual future-dead-Forge and meets Emily-who-is-really-Dolores v9999999

Its subtle but also pointless and will probably create all sorts of stupid problems as they haven't written season 3 yet and clearly the show runners don't really have a solid plan on where they want the show to go. The writers will be working on the scripts from now until June 2019 when they begin filming season 3, probably for a mid 2020 release date.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The simplest explanation is that everything we saw in season 2 happened, MIB gets his hand shot off (lol) and passes out, is rescued by the spec ops team as we saw.

In a far, far future Dolores has virtualized MiB and runs essentially season 1 & 2 in a virtual sim to get to 100% fidelity with him, comparing her version and his decisions with what actually happened. Thats not his daughter at the end he is talking to, thats Dolores. The hint is that she keeps calling him William. His daughter wouldn't do that. So the sim differs from reality in that he wakes up after getting shot, descends down into a future virtual future-dead-Forge and meets Emily-who-is-really-Dolores v9999999

Its subtle but also pointless and will probably create all sorts of stupid problems as they haven't written season 3 yet and clearly the show runners don't really have a solid plan on where they want the show to go. The writers will be working on the scripts from now until June 2019 when they begin filming season 3, probably for a mid 2020 release date.

But again. Why would Hosts in the 40th Millenium give a shit about getting Ed Harris copy to fidelity?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
aliens have invaded who like to fuck and be evil and none of the robots remember how to be evil. Or wait, aliens send back a probe that talked to whales and will destroy earth if the whales don't respond and only ed harris remembers what whales sound like

who knows, its stupid as hell i agree but it'll be the corner stone mystery of season 3

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

But why...

Even by Delores' own words, she values originality. Making a copy of William just to fuck with people in some way that William would is somewhat pointless since whatever company William had would be gone by that point in time.

Creating an avatar to torture would be completely pointless because it wasn't the OG MiB.

Lets say she does have a "William / MiB" sex doll...10-100's of years after the events of westworld. What the fuck would it be useful for?

For pushing a narrative that all humans are asshats, they are really doing a shit tier job of showing how the robots are better.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually enjoyed most of this season and didn’t hate the last episode but thought large parts of it were unnecessary and/or didn’t make sense within the entire season. My biggest gripe is they have this whole scene in front of the digital heaven that is ultimately pointless because Delores uploads even the hosts that didn’t make it as well. Why even have any of that then if they can just be uploaded? Not sure where she had copies of them stores since one episode had her destroying all their backups. It doesn’t make fit at all. They should have the huge set piece play out so that Maive sacrifices herself to stop the virus and all the hosts escape. Delores eventually sends them all into space and uploads teddy since she has his brain unit.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Future MiB and Skin Daughter is the Forge.

The Forge took on Logans appearance (from jims memories) b/c the forge was created to catalogue ppl and to create a 100% copy of guests, Jim Delos was the first (we can assume he's subject 1, and william is subject 2, like on the memory stick), 18million copies and ForgeLogan still failed, it wanted fidelity, and took on the form of ForgeLogan.

Later on we see ForgeLogan say "some are irredeemable", looking at a copy of MiB.

I assume that something in the far future happened and ForgeLogan decided the world needed someone irredeemable to correct this future world, so ForgeLogan became ForgeEmily and is trying to create another 100% copy, this time of MiB, and to accomplish this task and test fidelity took on the form ForgeEmily.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
aliens have invaded who like to fuck and be evil and none of the robots remember how to be evil. Or wait, aliens send back a probe that talked to whales and will destroy earth if the whales don't respond and only ed harris remembers what whales sound like

Legit would watch your season 2 of Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Forge took on Logans appearance (from jims memories) b/c the forge was created to catalogue ppl and to create a 100% copy of guests, Jim Delos was the first (we can assume he's subject 1, and william is subject 2, like on the memory stick), 18million copies and ForgeLogan still failed, it wanted fidelity, and took on the form of ForgeLogan.

Later on we see ForgeLogan say "some are irredeemable", looking at a copy of MiB.

I assume that something in the far future happened and ForgeLogan decided the world needed someone irredeemable to correct this future world, so ForgeLogan became ForgeEmily and is trying to create another 100% copy, this time of MiB, and to accomplish this task and test fidelity took on the form ForgeEmily.

It also may not be in the far far future. It is all in the forge so time is the whatever the writers want. It may have created him in order to stop Delores.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also it's killing me. Where did Dolores send The Valley Beyond MMO to? Some random sattelite she innately knew the coords for?

Hope it has the enough space on the C: drive for that.

• 3Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haven't watched a single episode this season, and I loved the first - It sounds like LOST MACH II so I think I'll give this a skip..

Fuck

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It also may not be in the far far future. It is all in the forge so time is the whatever the writers want. It may have created him in order to stop Delores.

Let us take a step back here and come to the stark realization that Dolores Charlotte Hale had access to Arnold's house even though the dude's been dead for 30 or so years and he happened to have Host Erector Sets in his basement and nobody seemed to have noticed that Hale comes in and... several others come out.

Then we can get back to my favorite logistics argument. Because without a vast supply of Host Erector Sets the tanning bed in Arnold's house isn't going to be enough to overwhelm the sum of the Human Race.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Every scene in the Forge and the Cradle change the aspect ratio of the camera, adding black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. As far as I remember, the post credits scene didn't have those. Maybe they just were inconsistent this once and didn't add them to that scene, but thus far they've been pretty faithful to that subtle effect.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also it's killing me. Where did Dolores send The Valley Beyond MMO to? Some random sattelite she innately knew the coords for?

Hope it has the enough space on the C: drive for that.
and processing power, etc...

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
and processing power, etc...

Well yeah. I only meant that The Forge was a built to purpose server farm designed explicitly for generating The Valley Beyond MMO.

The idea that you can just dump it anywhere and have it work fine is a bit stupid. Let alone that wherever she sent it was a place that nobody would find it. Ever.

• 2Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Am I wrong in thinking that there will be minimal 'WestWorld' in "WestWorld" for the next season? I also feel somewhat short changed in that nothing really explained the most burning question, in my mind at least, of the whole season:

How fucking big is this island?!?

I mean it has multiple climates, seems to go on effectively forever, etc. My own theory was that all of this was a simulation within a simulation onboard a generational-ship or some other highly contained environment where they were using this intentionally imperfect illusion to keep the human's minds sharp and prevent degradation during the voyage.

Part of the reason why I thought the first season was so compelling was the structure of the world as it was revealed over time. Westworld/The Mesa was at the 'top' of a incredibly huge superstructure that apparently goes down very, very deep. They tunneled up, not down. Wherever Ford's world originated from, it seemed as if it had had an unknowable number of iterations, and most of them ended with the same shitshow this version of Westworld is currently experiencing. We saw a room down on some deep level that looked a lot like the train receiving station up on the working levels, but why would that exist hundreds of feet underground? There was something intensely creepy about the idea that this has been happening for hundreds/thousands of years, a self-contained system attempting to recreate true human sentience as it tunneled upwards out of whatever it originated from to end up on the 'surface.'

There is a problem with all we've seen of the 'surface.' The island scarcely seems to be an island at all, like you said. People take a train in from an unknowable location, but there felt like there was something definitively unreal about every 'outside' environment that wasn't in the park (Delores and Bernard out in the real city with no discernible signs of life, etc.) We've already seen that Ford was able to create a world within the world, as the hosts experience it, within the Cradle. The hosts in the real world seem completely detached from their back-up selves in the Cradle, but clearly they carry on in the same patterns and experience the Cradle simulation as 'real', a version of reality compiled in data.

We had a bunch of dumb spaghetti theories as to what the deal was. Generation ship was one. A colonized planet where all the real humans died and the technology they left behind filled the void was another. Hell, with all of Ford's godly undertones I was thinking for a while that the hosts/clients were all condemned souls going through endless reincarnations as they tunneled up out of hell. Season one kept its insanity mostly contained, so it was a lot easier to come up with dumb tinfoil hat theories. With this season, all sense of the world's verticality and actual scale vanished, but it's hard to tell if it's just late-season GoT fast travel bullshit, bad writing macguffination, or something else. This season has done a poor job, in my opinion, of keeping up the deeper mystery. I'm sure Delores' actress would be happy to get on Twitter to obliquely defend what is undoubtedly going to end in her redemption, but it's real hard to give a fuck about anything at this point when the timeline is so arbitrarily fragmented.

• 2Like