Westworld

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Overall I somewhat liked Season 2, but my biggest issues were:

- Much of the plot progression relies on ineptitude or convenience. The Delos "Stormtroopers" being the biggest example this season. Hell, even in the Finale, Dolores depended on William saving the very last bullet (that she jammed) to go for the headshot. Had he used 1 less bullet or just shot her in the head earlier...But it's just always perfectly convenient.

- No one to really root for. Dolores basically turned into the Terminator. Bernard was a bumbling mess. Maeve's story was pretty cheap, and just frankly a chore. William was interesting and Ed Harris is amazing, but we got basically no real resolution. The most interesting character all season long was Akecheta somehow, and he was literally only featured in one episode.

- The timelines in this season were just convoluted and confusing. It makes sense going back and really analyzing it, but it's just kind of annoying to have to re-orient yourself every scene change.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Overall I somewhat liked Season 2, but my biggest issues were:

- Much of the plot progression relies on ineptitude or convenience. The Delos "Stormtroopers" being the biggest example this season. Hell, even in the Finale, Dolores depended on William saving the very last bullet (that she jammed) to go for the headshot. Had he used 1 less bullet or just shot her in the head earlier...But it's just always perfectly convenient.

- No one to really root for. Dolores basically turned into the Terminator. Bernard was a bumbling mess. Maeve's story was pretty cheap, and just frankly a chore. William was interesting and Ed Harris is amazing, but we got basically no real resolution. The most interesting character all season long was Akecheta somehow, and he was literally only featured in one episode.

- The timelines in this season were just convoluted and confusing. It makes sense going back and really analyzing it, but it's just kind of annoying to have to re-orient yourself every scene change.
I was under the impression the one bullet she fouled was the center cartridge which is a very large round or shotgun type shell and he used that one for the final killing blows and she knew this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... so...

Dolores is full on Terminator with the goal of Skynet but purposely recreates Bernard so that he is a foil to her genocidal plans. On the premise that between the two of them Hosts will somehow survive whatever.

Dolores beams the Host World MMO into Deep Space or something where nobody will go looking for it. The Indian and Maeve/Daughter actually get resolution of their arcs in a somewhat meaningful way.

The after credits scene didn't help anything. It just created more confusion.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still really like the piano theme of the opening music. It's very fitting, just like GoT's theme. HBO does a damn good job with theme music.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The after credits scene seemed to imply that it took place far into the future.

I'm quite curious to see the rest of the Delos corporation. It felt in the flashbacks like Delos himself was a self-made man and in complete control of the company, yet William seems to be somewhat sidelined in the name of the bigger goals of 'the board'

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, this show really went to shit this season. I couldn't care less if they do a 3rd season of this. 3/10.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The after credits scene seemed to imply that it took place far into the future.

I'm quite curious to see the rest of the Delos corporation. It felt in the flashbacks like Delos himself was a self-made man and in complete control of the company, yet William seems to be somewhat sidelined in the name of the bigger goals of 'the board'

Yeah it did.

But why would hosts spend the effort to resurrect William in the darkness of the 40th millennium?

Clearly chaos is afoot.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Am I wrong in thinking that there will be minimal 'WestWorld' in "WestWorld" for the next season? I also feel somewhat short changed in that nothing really explained the most burning question, in my mind at least, of the whole season:

How fucking big is this island?!?

I mean it has multiple climates, seems to go on effectively forever, etc. My own theory was that all of this was a simulation within a simulation onboard a generational-ship or some other highly contained environment where they were using this intentionally imperfect illusion to keep the human's minds sharp and prevent degradation during the voyage.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty sure they just made Stubbs a host to fix that plot hole from season 1. Of course then you should have people wondering why this one dude never ages.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it's like, what did he really do to guide the course of anyone in the story? He was either kidnapped or following orders. Never saw him step out and do anything until that last episode where he wanted to get the remaining humans left alive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
What plot hole are you talking about?
Stubbs (present-day) sends a host to get Dolores back on her loop, but the host he sends is stopped by young William. That can be handwaved now by saying Stubbs was QA in both timelines.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
- No one to really root for. Dolores basically turned into the Terminator.

Dolores always was the terminator - only the new ones are the bio-printed almost human types, the old ones like Dolores are full on robots with skin covering.

Unless you mean in personality, in which case yeah, all of the characters in s2 were pretty yawn worthy.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
'Westworld' showrunner defends humanity criticism: 'It's a total f--king disaster'

Goto my first post after the show yesterday.

Also this guy Nolan clearly LOVES cocaine. I’m surprised he stopped sniffing his own farts long enough to give that manic interview.
you know what this reminds me of,

Agents of Shield(westworld), jed whedon(jon nolan) along w/ his ASIAN wife maurissa tancauran(lisa joy), decide they wanted to create an expansive television story in lieu of what his more famous movie director joss whedon(christopher nolan) does.

it must be little brother syndrome, coupled w/ tigermom wife beating their ass.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You’re probably closer to correct than anyone else so far. Shit is just bizarre. It’s what I imagine Sean would come up with after a long Xenogears marathon.

Apparently we were all supposed to realize that season 1 took place a thousand years ago. And season 2 is the present. Stupid us.

They have lots of characters now to drag it out with. Next season will be the big Floki reveal. We have no idea who that guy really is.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users