Westworld

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a problem with all we've seen of the 'surface.' The island scarcely seems to be an island at all, like you said. People take a train in from an unknowable location, but there felt like there was something definitively unreal about every 'outside' environment that wasn't in the park

The train came from the Mesa.

I thought the season was ok. I wish they would just tell the story sometimes. I get they are trying to be mysterious and cool, but not telling me half the details about what is going on doesn't make me want to know more, it makes me not like the show makers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Meant this train.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-110507-ampng.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Did I miss the Ford / MiB showdown? Or was it just the "here is your chip" scene.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
thats the thing, if he was a robot, he's really ineffective.

Technically he was responsible for all of the hosts in the park, but seems obvious he knew Ford intended for Dolores to leave (or for whoever he assumed was "Hale") the park. Frankly all the security types were super ineffective, throwing in the little twist that he was a host the whole time I guess just another attempt to make Ford look like he was 5 steps ahead of everyone else. Not saying it was a good twist, or anything, just that I thought that convo made it pretty clear he was a host all along built by Ford, and he knew "Hale" was one as well.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
With the way stations like AMC, HBO, and FX are hooking their audiences in with serialized shows that hopefully span 5+ years worth of episodes; why the fuck are these new shows allowed to exist with a story for the first season and then just completely fuck it up in the future because they obviously have no story/character arc past the initial series order?

I will not be back for season 3 because that finale was a shitshow of the worst acting, storytelling, and hamfisted action sequences I've seen in quite awhile.

Screamfeeder Screamfeeder is this shit changing? Are shows getting longer orders or being required to have a multi season story arc to prove that they can capitalize off of initial success?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why would no one ever wonder why Bernard didn't age? Why would no one wonder why Bernard looked like Arnold? Is turnover so high there that no employee lasts longer than a few years? No media details about Arnold? That's something that's never made sense to me. Wouldn't someone notice?

Same with Stubbs though you could at least say ford made him progressively older bodies. But Bernard has looked the same for a long time and looked just like Arnold.

Though, I guess the fact they made Stubbs a host the day before his scene shows these writers are far from meticulous.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What sucks is I actually liked the season but that last episode just sucked. It was like someone gave a high school theater club 10 million dollars to produce that episode. I don't know what happened but I don't give a shit about season 3 now. Lost all interest in the series.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty funny really. It turns out it's like a lot of us called, but the irony is I don't think it was suppose to be. They must have realized that S2 was turning into a dumpster fire and I have a feeling that last 30 seconds got added later.

They hit the fucken reset button and season 3 is going to be some fucking reverse blade runner plot.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What sucks is I actually liked the season but that last episode just sucked. It was like someone gave a high school theater club 10 million dollars to produce that episode. I don't know what happened but I don't give a shit about season 3 now. Lost all interest in the series.
I'd really disagree with that. The whole season was pure dumpster fire. Everyone was just hoping the finale dropped some final piece of the puzzle to make the season make some fucking sense and explain that we missing some super dooper twist/answer. And it didn't.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guys what happened to the Samurai world hosts tho? (Walt 2.0)

Also not all the hosts made it to the promised land. The ones that died didn't make it. We only see Teddy in there because Delores manually put him in because she stole his brain ball after he killed himself. So no, that scene wasn't pointless.

Also Emily's corpse was laid out with all the other hosts when Halebot shows up. I wouldn't think they'd pile human corpses on the beach with the robits all willy-nilly like. Especially if they were all there to be sorted through by the fixer nerds.

Overall like 40% of this season was bad. Most of it was decent, some was good. I liked the last episode, but I can't really get behind a real-world secret bot Bladerunner type deal. Hopefully they just fast forward to Delores's robot uprising and Bernard trying to lead the counter-revolution or something. That'd be much better than some secret espionage type shit for an entire show. I really don't want to play guess-the-cylon anymore. It's dumb.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
After having a day to think about it I've come to the conclusion that just like S1 the show needed production to shut down for a period of time and everybody take a step back and think if what they were making made sense. The whole season was built on a handful of twists, mainly HaleDoloresbot, that basically undercut or made the rest of the storytelling just worthless. Instead of taking the time they needed to figure it out they just blew through it and gave us 8 episodes which were terrible at story telling and just vehicles for hints about what the twist was. It being decided the day before shooting that Stubbs was a host as well illustrates this clear as day.

This is especially frustrating in that the cast is fantastic, the show is beautifully shot and the music is great. This shouldn't be that hard with everything they have going for them but instead Nolan/Joy and whoever the fuck writes for them just can't even put together a coherent story sans the one Akecheta episode. That's even more galling in that if I were them and I watched that episode it would be pretty clear that the rest of the seasons episodes are a fucking joke in comparison.

Other than that, here's my last thoughts:

-Bernard is a host/human hybrid. Dolores in the flash back clearly shows why a faithful adaption cannot work, Ford has therefore known about this for years and that it can work.
-Maeve's story went from the shittiest in S1 to the best in S2 and should have been a central part, instead what was the whole fucking point?
-How the fuck did Ghost Nation show up with all of those people out of no where? Again who even gives a fuck?
-Again what was the point of MiB this season at all based on that ending? OMFG

Ugh, such garbage.....

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Season 1 was incredible in every way.

Season 2 struggled in its storytelling – the pacing was wrong and ultimately wasn't compelling. It was beautiful to watch but you could enjoy any episode a la carte and ignore the rest of the season.

Worse, Westworld is dead. They could've milked WestWorld + SamuraiWorld + JungleWorld + otherWorlds for years but instead they went nuclear for Robot-Takeover-World. This isn't what we signed up for with Season 1. They've gone off the deep end. This shit isn't fun anymore.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So from reading this my take so far (haven't watched the finale yet...)

Writers were so pissed that assholes on the internet (i.e. Reddit) spoiler-ed season 1 that they decide....
2cvqqr.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was under the impression the one bullet she fouled was the center cartridge which is a very large round or shotgun type shell and he used that one for the final killing blows and she knew this.

How the hell would she know he'd waste every bullet and only try to use the last one to shoot her in the head?

Unless you mean in personality, in which case yeah, all of the characters in s2 were pretty yawn worthy.

Yeah, I meant personality wise. She was pretty interesting in Season 1, but Season 2 she was boring as fuck.

Did I miss the Ford / MiB showdown? Or was it just the "here is your chip" scene.

The post-credit scene was interesting, but I agree that William's resolution was pretty weak.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna post my reaction before reading everyone else's and it skews mine.

So uh, what the fuck? What a shit show of a finale. They killed all those people, all those hosts, and the entire park...so that maybe a handful could go kill humanity?

Why would Ford want that?

It seems like the show went incredibly off the rails. I kind of wonder if it's another LOST where they had a good idea for the first season, but then had to retcon all kinds of weird shit that makes no sense in order to make more seasons?

Edit: Holy shit, didn't even realize there was a post-credits scene. Now shit makes even less sense. Bravo.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I basically tried to not think about this episode at all after it happened, but I just realized.

So it was Dolores that killed Elsie then.

I hate Dolores even more now, good fucking dammit. Elsie was one of the few good characters on the show, and killing her in that way barely makes sense. I mean, yeah, Dolores wants to just go all Bender and Kill All Humans, but still. Ugh.

• 1Picard

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
No, he made DoloresHale after Elsie was killed. DoloresHale kills Hale after she had Elsie’s body moved to the basement.

It’s actually a good idea, just the season was poorly built up for that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No, he made DoloresHale after Elsie was killed. DoloresHale kills Hale after she had Elsie’s body moved to the basement.

It’s actually a good idea, just the season was poorly built up for that.
Oh yeah duh, I just derped for a second. Elsie's death was what inspired him to make DoloresHale.