Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
See I thought that acting was pretty good in season 1 because it fit the theme of the park in a cheesy way. They became shitty when they were to become some action hero and it just didn't work. That along with the shitty writing just fucked the show and the actors.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dolores was fine playing a cluless idiot, because that's her natural state. It wasn't acting.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dolores is the only real hot garbage actor of the bunch. The others are okay, but just had awful roles given to them. TBH, I don't think any calibre of acting could have saved the hot garbage that the story became. Anthony hopkins was wise to gtfo when he did.

It blows my mind

Anthony Hopkins is an all time great actor
Ed Harris is a contemporary great, hes always solid and has had some amazing roles
Jeffrey Wright was amazing on this show and is becoming a top name of the time
Thandie newton is a very respected and talented Actress

YES SOMEHOW THIS SHOW WAS UTTER TRASH. THis is like the 97 Bulls with all their talent winning 15 games and losing the rest.

Imagine the Last Dance was Michael Jordan pissing into his own mouth fot 18 hours

That is this show

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It blows my mind

Anthony Hopkins is an all time great actor
Ed Harris is a contemporary great, hes always solid and has had some amazing roles
Jeffrey Wright was amazing on this show and is becoming a top name of the time
Thandie newton is a very respected and talented Actress

YES SOMEHOW THIS SHOW WAS UTTER TRASH. THis is like the 97 Bulls with all their talent winning 15 games and losing the rest.

Imagine the Last Dance was Michael Jordan pissing into his own mouth fot 18 hours

That is this show
bef997554f7c418090c4d6cfc21b7b7f.png

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'm watching Person of Interest right now (leaving Netflix in 3 weeks) and its not bad at all, I wouldn't rate it top tier TV and its very procedural/repetitive in that NCIS/Law & Order/Hawaii 5-0 kinda way but you can see where Jonathan Nolan has interesting ideas and execution. Season 1 of Westworld shows that too, he and his wife were heavily involved in every episode but at least he stepped back quite a bit after that.

Interestingly the Nolan couple are now mostly working on the Fallout TV show for Amazon

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i'm watching Person of Interest right now (leaving Netflix in 3 weeks) and its not bad at all, I wouldn't rate it top tier TV and its very procedural/repetitive in that NCIS/Law & Order/Hawaii 5-0 kinda way but you can see where Jonathan Nolan has interesting ideas and execution. Season 1 of Westworld shows that too, he and his wife were heavily involved in every episode but at least he stepped back quite a bit after that.

Interestingly the Nolan couple are now mostly working on the Fallout TV show for Amazon

Unlike Westworld, PoI gets better and better as it progresses. The procedural stuff is usually just average, it's the interactions between Reese and Finch that really carry the show early on.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I lost interest in this shit towards the end of the 1st season. Can someone give me the bullet points on how the rest of this dumpster fire turned out?

• 1Garbage

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished season 3. It had all the ingredients to be a great show but somehow was just meh.

• 1Garbage

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I lost interest in this shit towards the end of the 1st season. Can someone give me the bullet points on how the rest of this dumpster fire turned out?

It's like terminator, except retarded feminist robots that have no goals in life except fighting the man.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Season 1 was perfect. Season 2 was tolerable, and merely a vessel in which to get to Season 3. Which they used purely to vomit plot, while trying to be cool. It's interesting, but not very good.

What's lacking is the "fun" part of Season 1. Season 3 is just too much sad, and dread. In their efforts to make everything seem real, but off kilter, they went too far into the real. They 2020'd the shit out of it.

Lastly, can we finally admit Aaron Paul is just a bad actor and send him out to pasture?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Season 1 was perfect. Season 2 was tolerable, and merely a vessel in which to get to Season 3. Which they used purely to vomit plot, while trying to be cool. It's interesting, but not very good.

What's lacking is the "fun" part of Season 1. Season 3 is just too much sad, and dread. In their efforts to make everything seem real, but off kilter, they went too far into the real. They 2020'd the shit out of it.

Lastly, can we finally admit Aaron Paul is just a bad actor and send him out to pasture?
I started watching Season 1 again. It is just so good. Removing Thandie Newton would put it near to perfection.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I started watching Season 1 again. It is just so good. Removing Thandie Newton would put it near to perfection.
Agreed. Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was awful and jumped the shark. I couldnt make it past episode 3 of season 3. I liked Thandie Newton's character but they just made her go from 0-60 way to damn fast.

• 1WTF

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Ok, Thandie Newton's character may be shit, but I'd fucking plow that to next thursday.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fuckin ending was so trash. Trying to be Fight Club without earning it. And they left it like it was going to get another season, but is it really deserving of one?

What happened to TV shows getting better and maturing as they go along? Did that end in the 90's and I'm still trying to hold on to a bygone era?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Just watch season 1 and forget the rest exists. Enjoy season 1 for what it was.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users