Westworld

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
In the original it was a different planet and there we're several other "world's" at the theme Park, which the whole issue spreads to by the third act. They allude to aspects of this in talking about earlier roles for the hosts which aren't all WildWest themed

I'm sure that the hidden agenda is pretty much Cylons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grez

Trakanon Raider
"The name “LORD of hosts” occurs some 261 times in the Old Testament Scriptures."

The new attraction envisioned by management?

• 1Like

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what's stopping a guest from using a knife (just a non-gun) to kill another guest? Would the world make it so you couldn't pierce the skin with a knife? It made me think about that during Ep 2 where that one guy stabs a knife through the hosts hand at dinner.

• 1Like

Ganthorn

N00b
So what's stopping a guest from using a knife (just a non-gun) to kill another guest? Would the world make it so you couldn't pierce the skin with a knife? It made me think about that during Ep 2 where that one guy stabs a knife through the hosts hand at dinner.
I thought the same thing. The guy asks how do you tell them apart and the other guy says ill show you by pulling a gun but then i thought what happens if you grab some lady there on vacation and attack her?

• 1Like

Brad2770

A trip to Westworld is two weeks long and then they reset?

Like people have said before, I think the man in black is a software/hardware tester that has a thing for Delores.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That last episode was more awesome. I'm fully hooked.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The good news is this probably means she's not going to break down and go on a killing spree!

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure Hopkins hasn't made any "mistakes" at all, and his intention is to essentially create life by making the robots more and more human. That's why he is giving feelings/memories etc to the hosts under the auspices of making them more believable and realistic for the guests.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I dislike the idea of the Maze thing Harris is onto. They put some secret maze for people to find in this hidden themepark but you have to do an insane scavenger hunt involving mass murder to find it. That sounds like some content I'd want to spend millions of dollars developing for nobody to ever find in thirty years.

Harris has to be doing something to access the maintenance tunnels of the park. Ergo, he's a robot who pretends to be a guest for some kind of control/development purposes. He said he never intended to go back. Logic would dictate that he's kind of like a secret shopper robot to gather information from the guest perspective. But he remembers everything and the other staff aren't aware he's a robot. He wishes to escape. Why the other staff wouldn't have caught onto this is beyond me. But that's all I got.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I got the feeling he's a corporate spy sent there to uncover exactly what the "real reason" for the Host technology is and his means of accessing said information is via a backdoor set up by someone within the park as an ARG. My bet is on the story editor guy because he seems like a weasel.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Harris: What Fiery Avenger?
Harris: What Sirran?
Host: Sirran the Lunatic makes us do [strange things]
Harris: What strange things?
Host: LIKE ATTACK YOU!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got the feeling he's a corporate spy sent there to uncover exactly what the "real reason" for the Host technology is and his means of accessing said information is via a backdoor set up by someone within the park as an ARG. My bet is on the story editor guy because he seems like a weasel.

That wouldn't explain the scavenger hunt thing he's doing with hidden voice cues to the hosts/hidden scalp maps. Anthony Hopkins just used a service elevator to enter the park. Why not just take that if you're going to go into their underground area?

If you're entering their service tunnels they have you on video the entire time regardless. While it makes sense someone is helping him. The other shit doesn't.

• 1Like