Westworld

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ford sees church buried. Starts digging. People say he dug up a town. Completely illogical to think he dug up THAT town?

I think its more about trying to avoid filling gaps with retarded assumptions that are just bullshit because nothing other than "I think that happened although it didn't show us" is just dumb.

Of all the shit we know has been dug up. That particular town has not been as far as we know. But yeah man. I am prepared for massive disappointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
remember, all the old bots still have the old code or the Bicameral Mind theory
According to Jaynes, humans only developed the ability to think for themselves, consider their actions, and stand aware of their own awareness about 3,000 years ago. Before then, they took orders from voices inside their heads, which they believed to be deities. The left hemisphere of the brain would shout "jump" and the right hemisphere would say "how high?"
This probably also has to do with with the "recall" that the bots are facing, so far
Dolores, Maeve and Teddy are freaking the fuck out.

We can surmise that Dolores got it after her father said stuff to her, presumably "these violent delights have violent ends", since it seems this is what sets off Maeve when Dolores says it to her, just out of the blue.

Old bot count:
Dolores
Maeve
Teddy
Abernathy father(since he freaks the fuck out from the photo)
Greeter bot (since she was scene strolling along in Dolores "learn to dance" memories)
Woodcutter, maybe (since he was older than the rest)

5 unlicensed cottage bots

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Figured last night would finally prove to people that there are 2 timelines. Come to the thread and NOPE.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can you imagine if memory was like re-living it? You start thinking of that hot piece of ass you got back in college and blow a load in your pants during a work meeting. :(

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Can you imagine if memory was like re-living it? You start thinking of that hot piece of ass you got back in college and blow a load in your pants during a work meeting. :(
I meam it'd be no big deal since everyone would be doing it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I meam it'd be no big deal since everyone would be doing it
raw.gif

raw.gif

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
OMG, that'd be the end of civilization and productivity.

Well if the Androids have this perfect recall and its so perfect they can't tell reality from dreams, hallucinations, random memories.

Then they'd be right fucked eventually.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
HA Monkey has gone full Astro. The ramblings of an utter madman the last 3 pages rofl

• 2Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
What single-handedly proves the dual time period theory is the gun that Dolores reveals right before she, William, and Logan steal the nitro from the Union soldiers. It's at this moment that Logan says, "My, my. Look who's packing." If she wakes up holding the gun like many people believe then surely William or Logan would have said something. But they don't. The gun conveniently disappears until those three are equipped later on by El Lazo.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What single-handedly proves the dual time period theory is the gun that Dolores reveals right before she, William, and Logan steal the nitro from the Union soldiers. It's at this moment that Logan says, "My, my. Look who's packing." If she wakes up holding the gun like many people believe then surely William or Logan would have said something. But they don't. The gun conveniently disappears until those three are equipped later on by El Lazo.

Please elaborate. I have no idea what this means.

• 1Like

Caliane

I'm starting to think this is a single time line just Dolores is seeing things from previous time lines. With the techs conversation with Maeve about how her dreams are indistinguishable from reality. I think Dolores is roaming around by herself and everything with William are memories from her malfunctioning.

If you notice in the sweeping shots she is by herself and William randomly disappears.
yes, when we say two timelines that is what we mean. not like, alternate realities or anything.
As they say with Maeve, robots can't tell the difference between memories and reliving.
Dolores in the present is journeying to the town/maze by herself, retracing her path with Wiliam. Along the way she is having memory lapses of her time with William, which we are seeing. And WE are shown these events seamlessly, in the same way SHE does. So WE can't tell they are memories.

In the town itself, there are like 6 overlapping times... Dolores traveling to town alone. skip way back to Very early in development. -people square dancing. Then skip to maze girl, which is later. Her shooting everyone and herself, which is later. immediately back to william.

Graves, buried etc.
So Dolores killed everyone in the early days. Arnold as well? They built graves for some reason? Then buried the town to cover it all up. town is buried by the time William comes around.

• 2Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Please elaborate. I have no idea what this means.

She ostensibly runs into William after shooting the host in the barn. We then see her wake up holding the gun. This what most opponents cite as evidence against the theory. Once William enters the scene, the gun is not seen or referenced until their encounter with El Lazo in the following episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
That was my impression also, but wasn't he talking to her on the phone when she got grabbed?

I was going to pick at this point also, because it wasn't making any sense that Bernard was the one who grabbed Elsie for finding this relay that Theresa and "Arnold" had been using when Bernard was with Theresa at the time. However, looking back, she talks to Bernard on the phone and then things cut away. The show changes scenes, then shortly comes back to Elsie, but we don't know how much time has passed. When she hears somebody, she actually calls out Bernard's name first, so there was presumably enough time following the call for Bernard to get there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"I've been coming here for 30 years now and you still don't remember me. Why don't we reacquaint ourselves Dolores? Start at the beginning." If he hasn't been raping her for 30 years or however long that narrative of he getting raped has been going on. He's had almost constant interaction with her for 30 years. Now how does Delores end up with Billy after she shots that other host after Arnold tells her to 'kill him' when she has the flashback to the Man in Black rape scene?

Basically you two timeline idiots are done. Delores shouldn't be able to have a flashback to a memory with the Man in Black while with Billy as the Man in Black shouldn't exist in her memory at that time. One timeline, multiple narratives make things confusing.
Goddamn, where'd you fucking come from? Giving Astrotard a run for his money here.

Anyway, if someone says "I've been doing X for 30 years" it doesn't mean they literally do X every goddamn day for 30 years. He could show up once a year for vacation for 30 years and the statement fits. If I say I've been snowboarding for 10 years it doesn't mean I went to a fucking mountain every fucking day for 10 years straight just to make sure I could say that sentence to my friends. What is wrong with your brain?

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
She ostensibly runs into William after shooting the host in the barn. We then see her wake up holding the gun. This what most opponents cite as evidence against the theory. Once William enters the scene, the gun is not seen or referenced until their encounter with El Lazo in the following episode.

Yeah. She doesn't have it when she stumbles to the campfire, but she wakes up with it in her hand, or at least next to her hand. After that one glimpse, we don't see her with a gun again until they are preparing to rob the soldiers. She has changed clothes and is wearing an empty holster, she then pulls a (the?) gun out of her saddlebag.

Edit: the only strange part is, due to the way they shoot the scene of her waking up, we never see the gun in the frame with William and Logan until she gets it from her saddlebag.

Last edited:
  • 1Like