Westworld

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are you making a joke because that's almost word for word the Delores Actress' tweet the other day about people being butthurt over Delores but loving the "Mother" character.
Not joking. The empowered woman narrative for the sake of the narrative itself is being forced onto us and the brains are rebelling against it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Not joking. The empowered woman narrative for the sake of the narrative itself is being forced onto us and the brains are rebelling against it.

chthonic-anemos chthonic-anemos as well.

I mean I doubt that she will delete the tweet:

1528224813761.png

Actual link:

---

To me the show is just getting dull and predictable:

Fight between machines and men?

FORM RANKS!!!

CHARGE!!

People hiding away in a hidey hole?

ALL THE WOMEN CRY!!

MEN, MOUNT A DARING ESCAPE!!

Close quarter combat?

I BETTER DROP MY P90 AND PUNCH THIS GUY!!

DON'T WORRY BRO I BROUGHT MY KNIFE!!

---

Ya, at that point I'm watching the show less from amusement and more just to see if they do something interesting.

• 3Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What she is saying is:

"MY SOGGY KNEES WHARGLEBARGLE !!!!!!!!!"

What I am saying is:

The writers are shoehorning into the storyline unrealistic shit, like elite mercenaries showing a total lack of battlefield strategy, because they dont know how else to show men being ineffective. Did you notice how every story line, except the bad guy's, is about women now? Even Bernard's story has been amended to show that Dolores was necessary in order to make him. Its not a coincidence. Every man on the show is inept or "bad". For fucks sake, Dolores killed a white men in control of everything in order to create a "better" world.

People are finding this season shitty because the attempt at the story line feels unnatural and that is because it is. For the same reason why most SJW shit stinks and fails, they are trying to force garbage onto people that is meaningless to anyone other than themselves.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Am I alone on an island in thinking that just because the show is focused around women that it doesn’t mean it’s SJW stuff? I guess I just don’t get that vibe from this at the moment but perhaps I’m too naive. Yeah you can read SJW into just about anything but just enjoy the ride instead of jumping to that. Delores was always the weakest part of season 1 as well.

The season has been slow to me because we waited this long to get an episode that burned through plot and move forward/clarify things. Last season we had a couple of those and having Ford along kept you intrigued.

• 4Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry. It won't be a popular opinion and I've tried. God knows I have tried to make sense of this series but the idea of people running around in fantasy land shooting up and sexing robots was cool last season but this whole they got feelings shit just doesn't interest me and not enough "cool" shit happens as Scream puts it to keep my interest. I find myself paying attention for 5 minutes and drifting off to some other shit instead every time I watch it this season.
I love Bernard, Ford and the Man in Black ( Harris ) but everything else to me is just shit as in I just don't care about their feelings, plans or events. The only good thing about this season is I went back and watched Appaloosa which I hadn't seen before.
Appaloosa is a really great western and Harris is good in it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Am I alone on an island in thinking that just because the show is focused around women that it doesn’t mean it’s SJW stuff? I guess I just don’t get that vibe from this at the moment but perhaps I’m too naive. Yeah you can read SJW into just about anything but just enjoy the ride instead of jumping to that. Delores was always the weakest part of season 1 as well.

The season has been slow to me because we waited this long to get an episode that burned through plot and move forward/clarify things. Last season we had a couple of those and having Ford along kept you intrigued.
Its not SJW trash because its centered around women. Its centered around women because its SJW trash. Everything has been turned into women empowerment in this shit. Every single story line has been changed to be about the overthrow of the evil men in power and the takeover by the females. Lets look at every single male character on this show and what position they now occupy:

Bernard is made possible only due to female influence and seems lost when he is alone and not in the presence of the black chick in charge or the chick who survived being chained in a cave and is now a shotgun wielding bad ass.

Man in black is about to be rescued by a female who is randomly a bad ass with zero backstory as to why and how.

Seizemore went from being an emo with ambition to being Maeve's bitch.

The two techs following Maeve are just that, followers with zero lines.

Ford is an evil white dude plotting behind the scenes and got shot in the head in the real world to begin the rise of the oppressed.

Every single man on the security teams is an incompetent boob with zero lines other than the one guy in charge. Weird how he appears to be so sinister.

Teddy went from a gunfighter with a mission to being Dolores' bitch and now she just straight up mind wiped his ass.

Every story in this show is now about women and how great they are and how difficult their struggle is. And every man appears to be retarded, incompetent or evil.

The story doesnt make much sense not because its complicated but because its not written to make sense. It is written to show how amazing and brave women are.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The part about these narratives of the "Damsel" characters never fucking existed in Sci-Fi ever...

Aliens-movie-main-620x413.jpg

and it's not like you can't re-purpose a male role for a female character...

battlestar-galactica

and it's not like you can't have a female lead working alongside a main male lead WHILE being completely badass too...

latest

Nope, women never had a strong story or female lead or females at all in sci-fi..

---

Stop treying to write convincing empowered female roles and shit and just write GOOD MATERIAL...holy fuck.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

lets just shake it down

it's clear there are only 3 POV + 1side POV (man in black), he's a minor character at this point.

1. Bernard dealing w/ is he real bernard, created? is he ford? is he gonna die? dealing w/ severe windows defrag

2. Maeve, mom following code? or was she always supposed to be mom? were this robots supposed to always follow code? hector and Maeve can love each other?

3. Dolores, WHO THE FUCK IS WRITING HER HORRIBLE LINES???

You follow bernards pov, ok, you get he's fucked up and we're basically defragging along w/ him, fine

Maeve is off script, or on script? what are these robits really? do they just do code? or are they evolving?

MiB, are we seeing him off on another boring ass maze quest? eh

Dolores, is just shit writing

• 3Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
There is nothing wrong with the story they are attempting to tell, they are just writing it very poorly. You can't have scenes like the one where Angela "seduces" a soldier into letting her blow-up the Cradle, no matter how ridiculously hot Talulah Riley is. That's just one example of many from this season. Totally fine concept, fucking dumb execution, which for whatever reason is predominantly occurring with the mercs. When we saw mercs charging the fort out in the open I think we all knew this season was going to take a dip in quality.

There have still been some really good episodes this season, but these ridiculously cringey moments ruin a good story no matter how many great actors you have or how fantastic your score and cinematography are.

• 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I thought the Delos reveal one was good. E5 maybe?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There is nothing wrong with the story they are attempting to tell, they are just writing it very poorly. You can't have scenes like the one where Angela "seduces" a soldier into letting her blow-up the Cradle, no matter how ridiculously hot Talulah Riley is. That's just one example of many from this season. Totally fine concept, fucking dumb execution, which for whatever reason is predominantly occurring with the mercs. When we saw mercs charging the fort out in the open I think we all knew this season was going to take a dip in quality.

There have still been some really good episodes this season, but these ridiculously cringey moments ruin a good story no matter how many great actors you have or how fantastic your score and cinematography are.

Season 5 will explain the mercs are from another island and are programmed to make full frontal assaults on fortified positions. The leader of the mercs is resurrected Floki.

• 3Worf

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dolores is off the rails horrible this season, her lines are so so so bad.

How the hell is Ed Harris even alive now anyway? Dude got shot like 5 times? He would have bled out before anyone was able to help him. He just has massive plot armor. His daughter was at least a little interesting for one episode?

Tease the samurai world for so long then boom we're done with it.

This season is a weird mix of dropping plot bombs because they are afraid people will solve things to fast and shitty writing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Groove

Trakanon Raider
Did y'all catch one of the security team saying "we have mobiles upstairs" or something along those lines? Was a gotcha moment for me. Chasing, fighting, killing mobs... Nice nod, I felt, to MMO's and our sub-culture considering the assumptions of the show, esp. S1 w/the repetitive quests and getting to the next level etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Robot seduction of the security guy in the Cradle broke this show for me. A lot of stupid shit was being forgiven because of the whole Lost-esque ambiguity of things, the kind of open-ended vagueness HBO knows can 'sell' a show and generate buzztalk. Oh, maybe the guards are being idiotic because THEY'RE robots. Oh, maybe all this ridiculous bullshit with Maeve play-acting japanese drama with unawakened robots is a commentary on her actual absence of free will. Maybe everything feels disconnected and disjointed and compartmentalized because Plot Twist Reason. No, it's just bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I received a new email today. As usual, every picture is a link.

[ALERT]: Unusual Activity in the Cradle
Delos Management Alerts [email protected]

STATUS UPDATE

Attn: Senior Delos Management

The security team was unable to determine the cause of the unusual activity at the Cradle and some host backups have been compromised. Follow these guidelines in order to prevent further loss of Delos intellectual property.

We suspect that most hosts have vacated the facilities, but proceed with caution.

System is reporting as offline. Restore System backups to trace the chain of events leading up to the breach.

As we investigate host backups, please take care to log and export any existing storyline data from Narrative that could potentially be used for recovery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user