what are some of the worst games you've ever played?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, you know what they say, One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I personally LOVED TMNT, me and my sister beat it, and she sucks at video games.

I had a game called Return to Krondor, I just could never get in to it, doesn't mean it was bad necessarily, but compared to Neverwinter Nights it's awful.
Also, Dominion: Storm over Gift 3, sort of a Command and Conquer knock off. Not terribly hard, no real plot and would physically give me headaches if I played it for too long. The only game to date that has done that.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There were a few games I hated at first, but enough persistence and I broke through the outer shell of bullshit and they weren't so bad. Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants was better near the end; Deadly Towers looked like ass but once you got past the initial garbage and looked past the weak graphics, it took off; TMNT was terrible until you got past the Dam and the third stage with the turtle van, then it was pretty cool; Jaws was easy once you figured out how to actually play it; Friday the 13th was frustrating unless you knew what to do; etc etc.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the downfall of the MMORPG....

rrr_img_8303.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Worst played was Superman 64. I don't know why I bought that on a whim. When I brought it back that same day the guy at EB Games just knew why I was returning it.

From a technical standpoint, the worst games I played were right at Dreamcast launch. Nothing better than buying 3 or 4 games the day Dreamcast comes out, and they just plain don't work. Seriously Sega how did you fuck that launch up so badly? I remember Sonic and that boxing game not working at all for a few days until they re-released working copies or something. My memory could be fuzzy on this.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dreamcast had Virtual On 1 & 2. Those were sick in the arcade, put that machine on my if I win the lottery list.

That game Nights was kind of fun when I was younger.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
We bought an Atari 2600 at a garage sale with about 20 games. There were a few fun ones in there to waste time with, a few bad/forgettable ones, but the worst were these 2:

et-atari.jpg

Starmaster_cover.jpg

I think what made the latter so terrible was that we didn't have a manual for it, and what was going on in-game made no sense at all.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
We bought an Atari 2600 at a garage sale with about 20 games. There were a few fun ones in there to waste time with, a few bad/forgettable ones, but the worst were these 2:

et-atari.jpg

Starmaster_cover.jpg

I think what made the latter so terrible was that we didn't have a manual for it, and what was going on in-game made no sense at all.
I had the 2nd game and had the manual and it didnt matter. That game was confusing as fuck

Rick_sl

shitlord
Fantasia! Even the ending was shit. When you got there after hours of playing you got a shitty picture of mickey then the credits rolled! WTF how I didn't smash the pad I do not know.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Superman 64 is the worst there is. Ahead of E.T. by virtue of the era they both were released in. No legitimate retail game comes close to be honest. It's just so astoundingly bad.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Hands down the worst game I ever played. Wing Commander clone, even had the same additional "Speech Pack". Good news is, this is the same company (eventually) that would make MOO2 and X-Com. Probably with the money they made ripping people off with this 1992 piece of shit.

rrr_img_8413.jpg

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
For those who complain about the Mario is Missing! type of games... you do realize the target audience for those games are preschoolers? Granted, my preschool nephew today is a major minecraft addict, but back then those games were the bomb for them

tylanthus_sl

shitlord
Came in to post "Pit Fighter" for SNES. Good call Szlia.

Worst game I've played lately...and it was "free" via PS+

Double Dragon: Neon.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You guys gotta have a distinction. Games from the SNES era or before are on an entirely different level of bad(add to the fact that they are 100x more common then they are today) compared to whats out there today. By and large Id say today games that come out are much more along the lines of being disappointing then outright bad.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
BioFreaks is a fighting game with a computer that is so cheap even with invulnerability from a Game Shark code you will still get juggled until your head comes off. The end boss is a gigantic monster with moves that kill you with no regard for your life bar. I played some forgettable shovelware on the PS1 but this is the one that I remember as being the worst.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Worst games for me isn't any specific game, but how the industry floods the market with replicas of a game that succeeds. I started PC gaming in 1996 with Quake and Warcraft 2 as the powerhouses of up and coming genres. All those RTS and FPS knockoffs were the worst. We see it with the Mmo boom, and now with the indie boom. so many games not worth the time of day.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Diablo 3 is another that isn't just dissapointing, it is actually a bad game.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'll throw in a vote for ToEEE. I had just moved when that game was released, so I bookended a week to play it and relax before getting settled in my new house and back to work. Suck a fucking buggy, terrible piece of shit. I struggled with crashes and bugs and broken quests just hoping, hoping it would get better. It never did. So then I was stuck doing basically nothing in a city where I knew nobody until work started. Yay. Oh no wait - fuck.

P.S. Funny side-story: the office I moved to closed down 2 weeks after I moved there. Hah hah.