what are some of the worst games you've ever played?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_1866.jpg

Worst game i have purchased for my PS3 hands down... the only redeeming quality of this turd is i thought the art direction was solid

rrr_img_1866.jpg

Ghostbusters for the NES. So boring. And those fucking stairs. Has anyone ever beat that without turbo?
The AVGN did a good job at explaining how shitty it is.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Just remembered this piece of shit. Definitely the worst game I ever fucking played. FUCK this game.

edit: fuck I'm so mad remembering this game. Can't believe I played it for a whole fucking week when I rented it. Probably took me half an hour at least to pass the first fucking screen. God fucking damn it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
so many people confusing disappointing with the worst.

It's been so long since I've played a truly awful game since I only play based off recommendations these days. The last one I thought was really bad was Clive Barker's Jericho

Stave

Potato del Grande
I've played many shitty games over the years, but some of them far excel in the shittiness category. There are your big disappointment games like D3, DA2, etc, but they have some redeeming qualities. What makes a game truly the worst in my book, takes a combination of shitty controls, shitty story, shitty graphics, total lack of fun, invokes serious anger, game destroying bugs, lack of giving a fuck by the devs, and an obvious cash grab based on a license usually.

I would have to vote for Simpson's Bart vs the Space Mutants. All I wanted was Simpson arcade game, but that was just the lamest piece of shit ever. I remember trying to get up on the window balconies and stuff. God that game was just horrible. Also the first TMNT was just bad too. I know some of you masochists played it just because it was TMNT, we all did.. but the fact that it was TMNT wasn't enough to redeem it. I was soooooo happy when they finally made TMNT the arcade game for NES. Oh and Ren and Stimpy. Fuck that game. I actually had the gameboy version which was an even shittier version of the NES/SNES game. I'm sure I could think of more, but I think my brain blocked out a lot of those shitty games from my youth.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TMNT and Bart vs Space were both good games. Not great but enjoyable. They were both incredibally difficult. Sure you don't just hate hard games?

Stave

Potato del Grande
I can handle hard. Ninja Gaiden was hard as fuck, but awesome as hell. Especially 3 because the mechanics were tight. I must have spent weeks trying to beat 3 and was so proud when I did, and I was probably like 8 years old. That's not even counting the later on 3d versions of Ninja Gaiden, because those were very hard too but enjoyable. Glitchy sprites, lack of anything to do with Simpsons or TMNT, outside of sprites that looked like said characters; shitty and unresponsive controls; gay mechanics; lame tricks to make your game harder; and just total lack of passion from the devs, is why I don't like those games. You can be hard without being hard because your controls suck and collision sucks etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Blue Marlin.

J/K That game fucking ruled!
rrr_img_8107.jpg

J/K this one ruled too. Only fishing games I ever liked... and boy did I.

Terrible one? Made you the angriest? Made you hate something you loved the most (great criteria here)?

rrr_img_8108.gif

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
Just browsing over my inventory on Steam and these are some of the gems I've purchased over the years:
1. Loki: Heroes of Mythology (Diablo clone, came out after Titan Quest but looks 100x shittier. Played horribly too.)
2. Call of Juarez (I own the first two and I hated the first one. Haven't beaten the second, but it's pretty boring so far. Might be more fun co-op, but nobody I know wants to get it.)
3. Dead Mountaineer's Hotel (I'm a Sierra adventure junkie and I typically buy up anything in that genre. This game has probably the worst voice acting I've ever heard and the plot itself is just dull.)
4. Deus Ex: Invisible War (All this talk about shitty sequels and this one isn't mentioned yet?)

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hotel Mario and Zelda the Wand of Gamelon on the Phillips CD-i were the worst games I ever played. A close friend of mine tried to convince all of us super nintendo heathens did not know what we were missing. He swore his system was great and he all had us play Hotel Mario and Zelda the Wand of Gamelon to convince us. I mentioned that those games got the worst reviews I had ever seen but he pushed on. We all tried to play them a couple times. The games were so bad we actually stopped even hanging out with this kid after that. Now that is the mark of bad games in my opinion.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_1866.jpg

Worst game i have purchased for my PS3 hands down... the only redeeming quality of this turd is i thought the art direction was solid
What the fuck? You're crazy, RoF is the best JRPG of this gen, hands down.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Zelda Skyward Sword is not only a huge dissapointment but also a really bad game in it's own right.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Eclipse for 32x for worst game ever. Chronicles of the sword for ps1 is close second, beat both games and hated every second of it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it's not like calling something the best JRPG of this gen is really saying a whole lot. It had the best battle system I played this gen, least annoying playable characters, and an interesting setting with the usual JRPG story that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

(Annnnnnd cue someone bringing up the Wii's cheap and vastly inferior imitation of FF XII...)

Sean_sl

shitlord
RoF doesn't hold a candle to Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey.

It has a unique battle system going, that's about it. It's a very fun and very unique battle system, but it's not better than Vesperia's. And the rest of the game is completely forgettable. The localization is completely nonsensical and the story is non-existent, but I'm sure it was that way to begin with. It's a really ugly game too, it has an interesting setting art wise, but the art is really fucking terrible and isn't done well at all.

It's a memorable game that stands out for one quirky thing and that's about it.