What do you do?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rich people don't eat hotdogs, try again.
LOL. My old boss who is a multi multi millionaire and gets cozy with Tom Benson used to stop and eat hot dogs when we went to the field. At least every other week he ate at Church's chicken. I knew he knew better but oh well. His wifes family owns some really upscale and fancy restaurant in New Orleans.

Some days when we had to work out of the office he would stop and buy food at a chicken place where the sign said "Knuckle licking good". I always felt under gunned stopping there.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Nah I've come to the realization you're one of those people is is teetering on the edge of being intelligent to the point you think you know everything but are actually a bit of a moron but your slight intelligence is blinding you from realizing how stupid you actually are
Protip: If you're going to challenge someone's intelligence, don't do so with a run on sentence that would make a grade 3 English teacher's head explode.

Cad is right. Women (and men) from different cultures behave in a vastly different fashion. For instance, after my dad being married to two North American woman, he settled down with a Filipino woman that moved to Canada when she was in her mid twenties. You simply can't compare her attitude towards pretty much everything with that of my mom or his 2nd wife. It's literally worlds apart.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only one thing is for certain...

rrr_img_131964.jpg

Vinen

God is dead
Protip: If you're going to challenge someone's intelligence, don't do so with a run on sentence that would make a grade 3 English teacher's head explode.

Cad is right. Women (and men) from different cultures behave in a vastly different fashion. For instance, after my dad being married to two North American woman, he settled down with a Filipino woman that moved to Canada when she was in her mid twenties. You simply can't compare her attitude towards pretty much everything with that of my mom or his 2nd wife. It's literally worlds apart.
I picture your Dad as a dirty old man who travels to Phuket to fuck Bargirls now. :| (Yes I know Phuket is in Thailand but I am not sure what the equiv is in the Philippines. I am sure there is one.)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm wondering about a career shift next year. I've been in firmware for a few years but this job sucked the life out of mr. They were very surprised I was on a 12 man team before but am expected to do it here as 1 person.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'd say that depends what he means by career shift, like just into another facet of development? Or you want to be a mailman?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't r eally see how I couldn't shift into traditional software engineering, but I guess I am fucked
Well I wouldn't really consider that a career shift. Just doing the same thing on a different platform.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm mostly worried with my lack of skills - being fluent in C/C++ only gets you so far.
Yea but thats probably the best things to know, because everything else is easier/more dumbed down than C/C++. I'd pick what you want to move into and try doing a few small projects in those languages and see what I mean.

Vinen

God is dead
Yea but thats probably the best things to know, because everything else is easier/more dumbed down than C/C++. I'd pick what you want to move into and try doing a few small projects in those languages and see what I mean.
Pretty much.

C#/Java are so high that it will feel like taking the training wheels off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh I already learned C# I just haven't done much with it.

And I'm functional with python, but since I have no formal training my code looks like a guy proficient in C trying to write python