What is all this "gluten-free" shit?

khalid

Unelected Mod
It really is that simple. If your dog is fat, feed it less.
This. Most obese dogs come from people that just free-feed their dog instead of setting out a regimented schedule. Usually for totally lazy ass owners who just want to be able to dump out a big pile and not be bothered.

iannis

Musty Nester
Unless it's a basset. Those things have 3 speeds: eating, shitting, or sleeping.

It's like having a cat with big floppy ears.

They're cute tho.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
This conversation reminds me of the episode of the league 1st season. "It's a benefit for dogs with down syndrome". How do you determine they have downs, they eat shit, lick asses, run into walls etc.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GvcCrIo.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess nobody told them that everyone who eats gluten free is gay.

spronk

FPS noob
I guess nobody told them that everyone who eats gluten free is gay.
it must suck to be gay and gluten free, a lot of gluten free people suffer from celiacs disease which causes irritable bowel syndrome, and I have to imagine you can't really stick stuff up your ass if your colon is super tender and/or prone to really bad shitting.

gluten privilege is being able to do anal

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn these new age motherfuckers.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/09/does...ists_newscred/

"If you read some of the things that anti-GMO people say about our project," says Evans, "they're ludicrous. There's an article that says our plants will lead to twisted plants that are intelligent and will attack people. It's just insane." He says the studies that show connections between GMOs and cancer are "ridiculous" from a scientific perspective, and that he's "not aware of any study anywhere than shows any negative effect at all on people who have eaten GMO." He further describes the anti-GMO activism as "a lot of, frankly, bullshit and fearmongering."
You tell 'em!!!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would be interesting to see the equations for how many lumens they think a small plant can sustain every night.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sick of the anti GMO trend.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...favor-of-gmos/

Antagonism toward GMO foods also strengthens the stigma against a technology that has delivered enormous benefits to people in developing countries and promises far more. Recently published data from a seven-year study of Indian farmers show that those growing a genetically modified crop increased their yield per acre by 24 percent and boosted profits by 50 percent. These farmers were able to buy more food-and food of greater nutritional value-for their families.

To curb vitamin A deficiency-which blinds as many as 500,000 children worldwide every year and kills half of them-researchers have engineered Golden Rice, which produces beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A. Approximately three quarters of a cup of Golden Rice provides the recommended daily amount of vitamin A; several tests have concluded that the product is safe. Yet Greenpeace and other anti-GMO organizations have used misinformation and hysteria to delay the introduction of Golden Rice to the Philippines, India and China.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
I'm almost convinced those organizations don't give a shit about the actual product; the only thing that entices them to attack these companies is that they feel once introduced these "super-crops" will monopolize the food industry. An example being Golden Rice: once in production will this become the de facto rice product because of its health benefits? The intention is to stave off a company from becoming even more wealthy and ascertaining influence upon the populace. Unfortunately, they're a bit misguided in their seemingly altruistic motives, especially when they pass it off as some kind of pseudo-science battle against genetic mutation and possible health complications from the consumption of genetically modified food. As of right now, nearly all the commercially grown corn and soy in the US is from GMO crops. It's more about keeping these companies away from profits more than anything else. The food industry is already out of control and dominated by processed, prepackaged treats that we wolf down en mass, so who gives a shift if higher up the food chain some fat cats make more cash. The consumer shouldn't really care because if they did potato chips and chicken nuggets wouldn't be the staple foods in America.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I had an ex who was allergic to gluten, and then she became allergic to (my) dick. Lesson learned. Don't date gluten intolerant princesses or women into horses.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
You're always gonna get beat by a giant furry, subservient orgasm machine with an 18 inch dong.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm almost convinced those organizations don't give a shit about the actual product; the only thing that entices them to attack these companies is that they feel once introduced these "super-crops" will monopolize the food industry. An example being Golden Rice: once in production will this become the de facto rice product because of its health benefits? The intention is to stave off a company from becoming even more wealthy and ascertaining influence upon the populace. Unfortunately, they're a bit misguided in their seemingly altruistic motives, especially when they pass it off as some kind of pseudo-science battle against genetic mutation and possible health complications from the consumption of genetically modified food. As of right now, nearly all the commercially grown corn and soy in the US is from GMO crops. It's more about keeping these companies away from profits more than anything else. The food industry is already out of control and dominated by processed, prepackaged treats that we wolf down en mass, so who gives a shift if higher up the food chain some fat cats make more cash. The consumer shouldn't really care because if they did potato chips and chicken nuggets wouldn't be the staple foods in America.
meh, I think that you're over thinking it to some extent. In my opinion it comes down to people's ideologies and belief systems. People tend to take shit to the extreme. I see anti-GMO shit all over my Facebook feed on a regular basis. The people posting it are all new-age, hippy, yuppy, yoga-loving goofballs. In place of organized religion, they have organized environmentalism. Things being "all natural" get fetishized by them to a ludicrous extent, resulting in them being completely ignorant to the actual technical details and similarities between traditional crossbreeding and hybridizing of crops, to mutagenic plants, to outright GMO's. If any of them knew even a little bit about mutagenic plant breeding, they'd be at least as against it as genetic modification, even though that shit has been going on for the better part of the century and it's been totally safe.

It's especially hilarious because many of the "organic" foods they worship are in fact mutagenically bred.

As far as the organizations themselves go, they're just a reflection of the beliefs of their members and supporters. Greenpeace and the like would be crazy to not hop on the anti-GMO bandwagon, because if they don't, someone else will and they'll get the attention and funding that comes with it.