What is your education level?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just the fact that you would ask that question, tells me you know your stuff. Interesting.... Anticipating the beat is a bit more European, and feels odd to me. I'm definitely an on the beat kind of conductor. I'm going to refrain from the first question in order to maintain at least a little bit of anonymity here on the interwebs.
Anticipating is so much more an orchestral thing. Choral folks tend to work on beat. When I do big gigs it's general with choir and orchestra, and I force the orchestra to work on beat. Visually. And I don't let the concert master lead. I'm doing the work. Follow me.

And Noodle, I grew up doing farming shit. Yes, I've shaved sheep. The country life is part of who I am, but not all of it.

Rime

<Donor>
High School into a trade program/apprenticeship.

No tech industry where I live and I hate cities, so I went into plumbing and about eight years ago, electrical. Plenty of work, comfortable life right out of school (if you do not mind getting dirty/being sore after work). Only way you run out of work is if you get caught doing shady shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_120203.jpg

Request dork gets a new avatar.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Masters in Telecommunications Engineering.
Secret/SCI clearance from the US government.
Various bullshit certifications.

I want to go back to school and be an animal researcher =/

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
BS in Mechanical Engineering (sadly, could not find a job after graduation)
AS in Funeral Services (what I'm currently doing, licensed Funeral Director / Embalmer )

Eonan

Doer of Things
Back when I first returned to community college, I picked up where I left off originally so I had to take this second semester of European history to fulfill some elective history credit for my AS degree, and so I took it online. The guy didn't even have any assignments up for the first two weeks of class, until we were basically sending him emails saying we were going to report him to the administration if he didn't start putting up reading assignments, homework, something. He finally starts uploading these little mini lectures which were pointless.

Pretty sure he just gave everyone a B by the end of the semester regardless how much work they did or how well they did on their final papers (my final paper for that class is easily the worst paper I've ever turned in in my entire college/university career).

My wife also had an online class that was so bad they actually did report the woman to administration and she got fired and replaced during the semester. That was a real train wreck. I haven't taken any online classes since then.

IMO online should be supplemental to actual classtime, like upload recorded lectures from in class so people that miss can watch them, or you can review stuff at your convenience without having to take notes, etc. but 100% pure online classes are garbage and should go the way of the dodo.
I took a 300 Level Psych course on Cognitive Psychology online that was easily one of the most difficult courses I've taken in my entire academic career. All the tests were timed and very specific to the point where if you didn't treat his online lectures (which he had previously recorded) like a normal in-class lecture you were fucked. I will say this was an exception though, every other online course I've ever taken was a total joke.

Edit: To echo was some others have said, my military experience is what landed me my current job. I'd be fucked without it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Masters in investigation currently traveling the globe for a certain branch of government doing covert missions.

iannis

Musty Nester
Dirk droppin the degree bombs.

Only so many doctors to go around though. You and Khalid have to cagematch.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
BS is Molecular and Cellular Biology and AS in Respiratory Therapy. Was going into med school post military at one point but couldn't afford to. Respiratory was the follow up choice. Currently doing a BS in Information Technology in network administration. Being completely paid for by my current employer. Career changing at 40 kinda sucks though.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I produce recordings and live music. Production is so much better than being the performer. By the time performance happens the work is done.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're not in Los Angeles are you? I've recently created a new group that's debuting next month.....

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I stick to producing recordings of Indie Rock now, and conducting tends to be orchestral with choir. I'm doing Bach's B Minor next week. It's hella fun.