What is your education level?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yea I know a guy who works in waste management too.

rrr_img_120156.jpg
Now youre lies are just getting crazy, we all know Big T is dead.
I know a lot of lawyers who have Esq on their business card but never use it anywhere else.
Seems like something lawyers like to use to stroke their ego with among peers. I never heard or saw it before I worked at a law firm and havent seen it since.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't use esquire as a title. Just seems... I dunno. Douchey. Whatever.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Titles are kindly douchey in general. I mean, if you earned it, you shouldn't have to flaunt it. The douchiest professors are almost always the ones that make a point of their students addressing them with the title professor.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Titles are kindly douchey in general. I mean, if you earned it, you shouldn't have to flaunt it. The douchiest professors are almost always the ones that make a point of their students addressing them with the title professor.
Also since I am around lawyers all day every day I guess I don't see being one as anything special. So that title means shit.

Now my business card with our firm name on it... that I'll flaunt.
smile.png

iannis

Musty Nester
I like the doctors best who don't give a fuck if you call them Mister. The real douchebags are the ones that will correct you.

Of course intentionally calling them mister when you know they're doctor is also a douchebag move. So you wanna avoid that. It's shitty.

I should just start calling everyone Herr.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I like the doctors best who don't give a fuck if you call them Mister. The real douchebags are the ones that will correct you.

Of course intentionally calling them mister when you know they're doctor is also a douchebag move. So you wanna avoid that. It's shitty.

I should just start calling everyone Herr.
MD's I've found usually don't care. They're just like, LAWL MONEY

iannis

Musty Nester
So I am turning in my final paper in AIT 697 tonight (MS class that doubles for MS/BS credit in the program I am in, managing through change leadership) and I am done. So I'm skipping the 6 month waiting period and just marking down BS for thefirst time ever. Feels good man.This time next year I'll have my MS. Then just a lot of debt.

Other than that all I have is a GED.
Really? You never graduated?

Straight into the marines? A wasted youth on the streets?

I wouldn't have thought it.

I got kicked outta high school once, too!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Really? You never graduated?

Straight into the marines? A wasted youth on the streets?

I wouldn't have thought it.

I got kicked outta high school once, too!
Let's just say I made some poor choices as a teenager. The Navy was my parachute the fuck out of that. I should have finished school while I was in the Navy, but drinking and MMOs and loose women took up the majority of my day.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah man. I didn't understand that drugs were actually illegal.

I mean like, someone should have told me. I feel like the system failed me. Here they are... building me up... tellin me that I can do anything I want. I can be anything that I want. But all of a sudden when what I wanna do is cut class and get high, it's a problem.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I know, right? Fucking bullshit. Then people expect you to start "paying for things" and "bathing daily" and shit. We were seriously lied to by heavy metal album covers.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Dropped out of college, twice. The first time was because I was wasting money trying to figure out what I wanted to do and the second because it seemed like the wrong way to approach my IT career. Currently being groomed as IT manager for a billion dollar law firm but was told I'll probably have to go back and finish a 4 year if I want a director gig in 5 years.
What was your road map for your IT career? I'm actually pretty much in the same spot as you were. college drop out, going for certs.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Pre-reqs, lol. I was in a true program but dropped it for reasons I won't go into here (online classes just aren't going to work for me). You'll see me talking about A+P on here a lot because I just finished it recently. I had to suspend everything because my appendix decided to burst last month, and now the holidays, but BSN is still my goal.